Duda and Wix are two powerhouses in the website-building industry. Both website builder platforms offer easy and fast ways to create a website with no technical knowledge required. They each come with built-in tools for blogging, marketing, eCommerce, and more.
However, there are some distinct differences between the two site builders, particularly with regard to their target users, that we’ll cover in this Duda vs. Wix comparison.
Wix is a leading platform for building and managing websites. It has built-in tools to create professional websites easily and comes with integrated tools to sell products and services online and in person.
Duda is more geared toward web professionals and digital agencies. It’s ideal for anyone who wants to produce websites at scale and comes equipped with powerful tools for collaboration and automation.
Read the rest of this Duda vs. Wix comparison to discover which platform is best for you.
I’ve spent over 8 hours researching and comparing the two site builders to help you make the right decision based on factors such as ease of use, design and customization, blogging and eCommerce capabilities, etc.
1. Ease of Use
Both website builders are beginner-friendly and offer free plans to get started. But, how easy is it to create a website using each platform?
Let’s take a look.
Like most other website builders, The Duda website builder offers a drag-and-drop editor that simplifies the process of creating your pages. The easy-to-use site builder is backed by speed and SEO by default, which means there isn’t much you have to think about except adding your content to the site.
Duda is a great option to consider if performance is your main priority (especially when it comes to Core Web Vitals) but you lack the tech skills required to make the optimizations yourself.
This powerful web-based platform is also ideal for creating high-performing websites at scale. It’s designed to help users achieve higher productivity thanks to team collaboration features, as well as the comprehensive range of built-in features for website design, marketing, SEO, and eCommerce.
There are no bandwidth or storage restrictions and there’s no limit to the number of client logins you can create. This means that you can offer your clients a super simple way to build and manage their websites on their own.
With over 1 million active websites, Duda is trusted by some of the biggest brands out there, including AppFolio, Thryv, and Bokun which means you’ll be in good company.
Summary of Duda’s Ease of Use Features:
- Easy to use drag-and-drop editor
- Super-fast page loading speed for improved site performance
- Higher search rankings thanks to built-in optimization tools
- Simple, beginner-friendly design for enhanced usability
- Trusted by many huge brands and agencies
Wix is designed for simplicity and ease. One of its biggest selling points is that it offers users multiple ways to build their sites.
Depending on your level of expertise, you can choose to have an AI (Wix ADI) build your website for you, or you can use the Wix Classic editor which comes with over 900 predesigned templates and drag and drop functionality.
Just click any element to change colors, backgrounds, images, and text to create your own unique website.
The Wix editor also has a range of built-in AI capabilities, including an automated text generator. Wix also has a code editor which is designed for developers and the more tech-savvy users among us.
Although Wix is primarily designed for freelancers and small to medium-sized businesses, large enterprises can use the site builder thanks to the robust selection of third-party integrations from the Wix App Marketplace. With these, you can extend the functionality of your website to suit your business needs.
Summary of Wix’s Ease of Use Features:
- Multiple editors for different users
- Artificial Design Intelligence for easy website creation
- Support for mobile websites and multiple languages
- Cutting-edge API to access Wix tools from anywhere online
- Wix App Market for adding website functionality
Building a website doesn’t get any easier than answering a few short questions and having an AI do all the hard work for you, so Wix wins this one. Wix also supports mobile devices (Android and iPhone), so that’s a plus.
2. Design and Customization
You need a website builder with the right design tools and customization options to let you create a good-looking website with the functionality you need. Therefore, the second characteristic(s) we’ll be looking at in this Duda vs. Wix comparison are the design and customization capabilities of each of these site builders.
Duda is the perfect solution for agencies that want to empower their clients to create top-performing websites independently and with zero hassle. There’s no chance of error thanks to the simple DIY website builder and pre-built website templates.
Duda’s templates come pre-loaded with a range of elements, and all you have to do is choose the right template for your website. Although there’s a smaller range of templates compared to Wix, they are all exceptionally well-designed, mobile-responsive, and fully customizable.
The editor on the platform is intuitive and easy to use. It does come with some layout restrictions, but you can add sections, rows, and columns to customize your layout. This makes it easier for beginners and those who have no design experience. But, if you want more design flexibility, then you may find this editor quite restricting.
You’ll also find a range of content blocks (widgets) that you can simply drag into place on any page. These include things like contact forms, image sliders, social icons, payment buttons, online scheduling, yelp reviews, and many more.
One of the best things about using Duda for your website, online store, or blog is that you can change the template at any time without losing any of your website content.
Summary of Duda’s Design and Customization Features:
- Intuitive DIY builder ideal for beginners
- 90+ high-quality, fully customizable templates
- Mobile-responsive websites by default
- Template can be changed at any time without losing content
- Wide range of widgets for added functionality
On Wix, you can create any type of website you want, including blogs, eCommerce stores, one-page websites, portfolios, and more.
Developers get the ultimate design customization capabilities thanks to the Wix Code Editor, Velo by Wix. It’s a comprehensive web development platform that lets you leverage coding knowledge to create superb web applications and websites.
This editor is perfect if you want to customize the behavior of different components on the page. It’s also ideal for anyone who wants to design web apps, manage data, and build complex, multi-featured websites while using Wix’s visual editor.
But, if you lack the technical know-how to do all this, never fear. Wix’s classic editor has everything you need to build an equally stunning website using the visual canvas. It has pre-built templates that are mobile-friendly and fully customizable using the simple drag-and-drop builder.
Most templates come preConfigured with features like social buttons, video backgrounds, and more. You can also add any type of element you want with the click of a button, from maps and forms to image galleries and more.
Summary of Wix’s Design and Customization Features:
- Powerful image editor for appealing visuals
- Free library of high-resolution stock images
- OneClick integration of blog and online store
- Pre-made templates with built-in marketing features
- Mobile-friendly optimization
Unlike Duda, Wix does not allow you to retain all your website content when you change templates. This means that if you make a mistake and choose the wrong template, you’ll have to start from scratch with a new one.
On the other hand, Wix gives you way more control over the structure of your template compared to its counterpart. If you want a truly unique website, you will appreciate the wide range of design options available to you on the Wix platform.
3. eCommerce Capabilities
If you intend to sell products or services on your website, then you want a site builder that offers seamless integration with all the eCommerce tools you’ll need.
Here’s what you get with each site builder.
If you want to create and manage eCommerce websites at scale, Duda is the right platform for you.
It’s a robust eCommerce solution that comes with all the features to get you started and the tools to accelerate your growth, including tools for selling, SEO, store privacy and security, performance, and more.
You’ll be able to create highly customized stores for yourself or your clients while cutting down on production time. With increased productivity, you’ll get a boost in profitability, and all of this under your own brand.
You can even create your own customized widgets using the custom widget builder and other reusable site-building assets to give your clients advanced eCommerce capabilities, such as custom product galleries.
Duda handles all the heavy lifting for a top-performing eCommerce store so you can focus on creating and selling stores at scale. The platform has a range of eCommerce plans that allow you to sell from 100 products to unlimited products. They range between $7.25/month to $39/month.
Summary of Duda’s eCommerce Capabilities:
- Fully customized eCommerce store and product pages
- Product catalog management features
- Cross-store tax settings
- Extensible widget builder
- Discount and promo codes
Wix has equally powerful eCommerce features. One of the most prominent is the POS (point of sale) system which allows you to sell online and in physical stores. It also lets you sync your inventory easily.
You can filter and sort your website products quickly, and manage your store on the go using the Wix App.
Gain valuable insights into your online store’s performance and find ways to make improvements to your marketing and sales efforts thanks to Wix’s built-in website analytics tools.
There are also appointment management tools, attendance management tools, and attendance tracking tools
The Business plan comes with an abandoned cart saver tool that automatically contacts visitors who leave your website before completing their purchase. Visitors get an offer of a discount code (or another incentive set by you) to encourage them to complete their transactions.
In short, Wix is so much more than just a website builder. It’s also a comprehensive business management platform that you can use to run your entire eCommerce business with ease.
Summary of Wix’s eCommerce Capabilities:
- Powerful site analytics
- Built-in calendar/booking management features
- Billing and invoicing tools
- Catalog creation
- Campaign management
- Built-in email marketing
- Membership management
- inventory management
Wix is the clear winner here as it offers more eCommerce tools. However, if you intend to build multiple eCommerce stores, then Duda may be the better alternative since it has automation tools and workflows to help you scale your store building.
4. Blogging Tools
A blog is crucial to help you share your expertise, establish trust, and attract targeted customers to your website. You need a website builder with the tools to help you build a successful blog and manage it easily.
Duda’s primary purpose is not blogging, but the platform comes with a native blog that will get the job done.
Experienced bloggers may find the experience a bit underwhelming. But, you can still integrate a third-party blogging-focused tools like Drop in Blog to create your content on Duda
The built-in blogging feature on Duda comes with a range of ready-made blogging templates to help you create effective content quickly. If you intend to use content as one of your marketing tactics, you’ll appreciate the range of blogging features available.
You can schedule articles, remove past articles, manage posts, create an RSS feed, and optimize each of your posts for SEO. You can also increase the scope of your blog by adding multiple contributing authors.
Choose a ready-made blogging theme or create your own. Either way, Duda’s editor makes it easy to build a beautiful blog and manage your posts from your dashboard. You can even share your latest post on social media thanks to the integrated social sharing features.
Summary of Duda’s Blogging Tools:
- Easy widgets for adding a blog
- Simple content editor for blogging ease
- Built-in SEO features
- Ready-made blogging templates
- Social sharing features
Wix has a powerful blogging engine and predesigned templates to create beautiful blogs. The Wix blog templates determine the layout of your blog but they are independent of your main website theme.
You can pick a featured image and post header, and you can populate your content with different types of elements, such as stylish headings, images, embedded videos, audio, and more.
Keep your blog posts organized with relevant categories and tags. You can also enable commenting to increase interaction with your blog visitors.
All in all, Wix’s blogging engine is very easy to use. If you have basic blogging needs, it has everything you need to create and publish or schedule your posts.
You even get to enjoy a personalized mailbox to simplify communication with your blog audience and customers. Manage everything from one place to streamline your operations. Wix’s email marketing technology also allows you to automate your communications, such as sending scheduled emails about sales, new products, and so on.
Summary of Wix’s Blogging Tools:
- Simple and fast blog setup process
- 100% free and reliable hosting for your blog
- Backlink monitoring and keyword rank tracking tools
- Web forms and landing pages
- Built-in email marketing technology for ease of communication
Wix has more blogging options to offer. Unlike Duda, it offers blogging functionality out of the box. The platform also has a powerful integrated engine and allows you to build a feature-rich blog to drive targeted traffic to your website. No coding knowledge is required, and the AI can even set up the blog for you.
5. Search Engine Optimization Tools
SEO is essential for gaining visibility for your website. You need a site builder that provides you with tools for optimizing your website so visitors can find it easily. Here’s what Duda and Wix have to offer in the SEO department.
The Duda website builder is SEO-ready straight out of the box. The platform is designed to be aligned with Google’s recommended practices for website speed, security, and SEO.
Your website will steadily make its way toward first place thanks to built-in SEO features and capabilities that do all the heavy lifting for you.
If you have SEO knowledge, you can adjust the settings yourself, but this pre-configured feature is ideal for beginners who don’t have much SEO knowledge of keywords, meta descriptions, indexing, sitemaps, robot.txt, etc.
Duda prides itself on creating websites that lead the industry when it comes to Core Web Vitals and page speed. The platform offers ongoing optimizations that’ll keep you abreast of any search engine updates.
You get unmatched security and reliable AWS hosting. With the guaranteed uptime of 99.99%, you also have the peace of mind of knowing your site will always be available online for your visitors.
Summary of Duda’s Search Engine Optimization Tools:
- Fast content rendering for improved Google Lighthouse test scores
- Easy access to on-page SEO settings
- Free SSL encryption for top security
- Automatic site map generation for every website built on Duda
- Guaranteed 99.99% uptime
Wix has basic on-page SEO capabilities that allow you to modify a range of settings to optimize your websites. This includes meta-tags, canonical URLs, and many other basic SEO features.
You can easily optimize your website’s online visibility with the platform’s SEO settings. If you aren’t sure what to do, you can simply let Wix’s SEO Wizard guide you through the entire process.
The Wix SEO Setup Wiz creates a unique SEO plan for your new website and provides you with recommendations for how you can rank higher in search engines. You have full control and flexibility for customizing your website SEO. You can alter settings for meta-tags, canonical tags, URL slugs, structured data, and various other elements.
Additionally, Wix provides you with A/B testing tools and customer targeting features to further enhance your SEO efforts.
Summary of Wix’s Search Engine Optimization Tools:
- SEO Wizard for easy search engine optimization
- Image optimization for improved website performance
- Structured data to help Google contextualize your content
- Canonical URL to solve identical page issues
- Auto-create and submit a site map
Duda’s SEO features are virtually on par with Wix, but I love that each Duda-built site is SEO-ready by default. Of course, Wix’s SEO Wizard also makes the optimization process simple, all you have to do is activate it. But, Duda wins this one by taking away even that single click.
6. Community and Support
Support is another important factor to consider before choosing the best website builder. You want to choose a platform that offers robust support through a number of different channels so you can always get the assistance you need when you need it.
Getting support on Duda is easy. You can choose any channel that’s convenient for you from the following:
- Live Chat Support: Live chat is available around the clock. Click the chat icon on the website or in your dashboard to reach support.
- Phone Support: Duda offers phone support to premium users. Higher-priced tiers have priority phone support.
- Email Support: You can contact support via email and you’ll receive a response within a few hours.
- Knowledge Base: Duda has a well-curated help center with articles, videos, and tutorials on troubleshooting and how to get the most from the platform.
Keep in mind that users on the higher plans get priority support, so it’s worth considering if you anticipate needing assistance if something goes wrong.
Wix offers support through email, live chat, or phone. You can get in touch with the support team via email or live chat Monday to Friday between 5 AM and 5 PM PT. But only those on the VIP plan can get priority phone support at any time of day or night.
You can also get in touch with the support team on social media. Here you can leave comments and feedback, ask for assistance, and receive answers to your questions at any time.
The Duda website builder wins this one because it has a live chat feature. Also, the expected response times for the platform’s email support are published on the website. This way, you know going in how long you can expect to wait for your response.
You don’t want a site builder that requires you to pay for features you don’t use, so let’s take a look at the pricing structures of each software so you know which one to choose according to your needs.
Duda’s pricing structure is simple, and you can sign up for a 14-day free trial to test out any of the premium plans.
Here’s what each one entails:
- Basic Plan: $14/Month/Site: This plan allows you to create one website. It comes with AWS hosting included, and you get email support. The site comes with HTTPS encryption, multi-language support, and website personalization features. You can add membership to grant access to premium content.
- Team Plan: $22/Month: This plan includes everything in the Basic plan, and you can add up to 4 team members. You get client management and client billing features, as well as Zapier app integrations. The Site Comments feature lets you collect feedback from up to 100 clients for the sites you’re building.
- Agency Plan: $24/Month: On this plan, you can build up to 4 websites. It comes with priority email, phone, and chat support, and you can add up to 10 team members. You also get additional client billing and client management tools, a widget builder, dynamic pages, and website export zip files for each individual site you create.
- White-Label Plan: $149/Month: This plan has everything in the Agency plan. It also comes with advanced customer management tools, including white-label client access, custom domain and branding, white-label stats and analytics, marketing materials, and a custom email domain.
Like its competitor, Wix offers a range of plans to suit different needs. Here’s what you get in each plan:
- Wix Free Plan: Wix has a free forever plan that lets you build a simple website. The plan includes free web hosting and a sub-domain (e.g. YourSite.wixsite.com). This is an ad-supported plan, which means Wix ads will be shown on every page and favicon in the URL. You get up to 500 MB of storage and bend with. Unfortunately, this plan doesn’t include customer support, Google Analytics, or online payments. You’ll have to upgrade to one of the premium plans to unlock these and other features.
- Combo Plan: $15/Month: This plan is ideal for personal use. It comes with a custom domain, a free SSL certificate, and 2GB of storage space and you can host up to 30 minutes of video. You can sign up for a free trial on any of the premium plans to access the core features before deciding whether or not this SiteBuilder is right for you.
- Unlimited Plan: $22/Month: The Unlimited plan comes with everything in the Combo plan + 5GB of storage space, one hour of video, and a visitor analytics app. This plan is ideal for entrepreneurs and freelancers and comes with a Google Ads budget to help promote your business.
- Pro Plan: $27/Month: The Pro plan is ideal for complete online branding. It comes with all the features in the Unlimited plan, as well as 50GB of storage space, two hours of video, an events calendar app, and over 40 different sizes of your logo ready to use on various social media channels.
- VIP Plan: $45/Month: This plan has everything in the Pro plan, as well as 100GB storage space, 5 video hours, and priority customer care. If you value first-priority support, then this plan is ideal for you.
Wix wins this one because of its free forever plan. Although limited, it still provides beginners with a great way to get to know the platform without having to worry about time limits. But, if you intend to build multiple websites, Duda offers better value.
This Duda vs. Wix comparison has shown that both these platforms can be used to create beautiful, full-featured websites. However, the two site builders diverge when looking at features like workflows and other agency-specific needs.
So, one solution will serve you better than the other depending on whether you are an individual looking to build your own website or an agency that wants to create multiple sites for clients.
Wix is an industry-leading website builder that lets you create any type of website you want, including business websites, online stores, blogs, and portfolios. The platform comes with an impressive range of built-in marketing and sales tools, but you can also integrate third-party apps to expand your online presence and simplify business management.
Duda, on the other hand, is tailored for agencies and SaaS companies. The software makes it possible for you to level up your eCommerce store-building capacity by providing you with white-label options, automation, and reusable assets. You’ll be able to easily handle multiple store creation projects and boost productivity by leveraging the automation and API integrations on the platform.
If you still aren’t sure which platform is right for you, you may want to consider reading about other Wix Alternatives.