There are many different digital marketing tactics to grow your business and make more money.
Over the years, I’ve tested dozens, if not hundreds, of these tactics, and one thing I’ve found is that email marketing consistently proves to be one of the most powerful digital marketing tools at my disposal and almost always has a better ROI than other methods.
According to Litmus, companies that used email marketing in 2020 saw an average ROI of 3,500%. So if you spend $1 on email marketing effectively, you can expect to make $36!
While medium-sized businesses see a smaller ROI, they are still generating an average of $30 for every $1 spent. At the same time, larger companies with 500+ employees make an average of $42 on every $1 spent. While these numbers dropped slightly in 2020 due to the pandemic, they are still imposing.
As great as the ROI can be on both the investment and time, you may not see much return if you choose the wrong email software.
Fortunately, I’ve tried a lot of different email marketing tools and created this guide on the best email marketing software services to make it easy for you to save more time and make more money from your email subscribers.
What are the Best Email Marketing Services?
A good email marketing software is essential to take advantage of the best asset your business can create – an active email list.
The correct email software will provide many functions to best communicate with your audience, including tagging, marketing automation, segmentation, etc.
That said, there are so many options available. What’s the right solution for you? Read on to discover the best email platforms available on the market right now.
Best email marketing tools with advanced marketing automation for small businesses ($9/month)
ActiveCampaign offers advanced automation features and high deliverability rates. It uses Predictive Actions to answer some of the most challenging marketing questions about your customers.
The platform is designed to use machine learning to automatically take action on your behalf to lead customers further down your sales funnel and has been well-known in the email marketing space for giant and small business owners.
This email marketing tool also integrates with over 850 marketing and email automation apps, such as WordPress, Shopify, Facebook, etc.
The intuitive interface of this email marketing service makes it easy to automate your list segments, and you can create list triggers or move subscribers based on criteria such as dynamic email content or sales follow-ups, among many others.
The email marketing services platform also has an impressive lead scoring system that allows you to award points to your email subscribers depending on your specific actions.
Once that person meets a predetermined point threshold, they are contacted by your sales team or automatically entered into a new email automation funnel.
- Predictive Actions: The platform helps you optimize your email marketing campaigns for a better customer journey and experience through machine learning.
- Robust Integrations: With ActiveCampaign, you can bring email automation to your channels and apps.
- Expert Deliverability: The platform has a team dedicated to maintaining high deliverability across all marketing channels
- Migration Services: The platform offers free migration services, so you can be up and running in no time.
- In-Depth Training and Support: ActiveCampaign offers free online training and support through various conventional methods.
Pros of ActiveCampaign
- ActiveCampaign has email marketing, CRM, email automation – all in one place.
- The platform offers affordable, growth-focused plans
- The flexible lead scoring system
- Machine learning and predictive analytics
- ActiveCampaign also has a high email deliverability rate
ActiveCampaign offers a 14-day free trial where you can test out the software before committing to a paid plan.
There are no setup fees, and plans range from the “Lite” plan, which costs $9/month, to the “Enterprise” plan, which costs $229/month.
Depending on your business type, B2B, B2C, or eCommerce, you can choose the right plan for you.
Well-established email marketing platform ideal for small businesses (Free – $19/month)
Aweber’s platform is best suited for small businesses and those just getting started with email marketing.
The platform offers high-quality support through email and phone and many helpful videos, articles, and documentation to help you find quick answers to your questions.
Aweber also offers a wide range of tools to help you build and grow your business. This includes a drag-and-drop email builder that is easy to use – even without any technical know-how.
You also get list management tools and analytics reports on an intuitive user interface that makes it easy to get things done.
Even complete beginners can easily manage their lists using the platform’s tools. You can also create autoresponder workflows based on subscriber actions, such as email opens, site visits, link clicks, purchases, etc.
- Email Designer: Aweber’s platform lets you design beautiful emails in seconds using only your website URL.
- Drag-And-Drop Email Editor: You can build custom emails within minutes without the need for learning code.
- Analytics and Reporting: Gain valuable insights from pre-built reports and analytics on the platform.
- Auto Newsletters: Automate your email content creation and broadcast posts from your blog as newsletters with marketing automation tools and features.
- Pre-built Templates: You can get started sending emails immediately thanks to Aweber’s library of professionally-designed email templates.
Pros of Aweber
- Aweber allows you to design marketing emails with Canva
- You can build professional emails in seconds with the drag-and-drop email editor
- Easily create set-and-forget campaigns for nurturing subscribers
- Make emails more personal with segmentation and tagging features
- Massive library of free stock images to make your emails pop
Aweber offers a free plan for lists with fewer than 500 subscribers. The free plan comes with everything you need to grow your business with email marketing campaigns without time restrictions.
When your list grows past 500 subscribers, you can sign up for the “Pro” plan, billed annually for $16.15/month. With this email marketing tool plan, you get access to all the features on the platform.
As your subscriber base grows, the amount you pay will increase – up to $149/month for 25,000 subscribers. After that, the platform will provide you with custom pricing.
Or read my In-Depth Aweber Review to Learn More
Beginner-friendly email service best for small businesses ($20/month)
Constant Contact has been on the market for over 25 years. It’s a well-established and reliable email service with the ultimate goal to help small businesses harness the power and potential of the internet through email.
The platform features over 100 modern templates, each mobile-optimized and designed to boost customer engagement.
The email templates have also been proven to increase conversions.
Constant Contact also offers unique features, such as polls, events, coupons, etc. And, for marketers who want to know how their campaigns are performing, the platform has real-time reporting and analytics.
In addition to all that, Constant Contact also offers a unique feature: Events Management, which gives you the ability to manage event invitations, registrations, and tickets directly within your dashboard.
You can collect all the details you need from event attendees and customize the different elements of your forms to match your landing page or website branding.
- All-in-One Platform: Constant Contact allows you to do it all — from email marketing to eCommerce, websites, social marketing, and much more. It will enable you to harness the power of email marketing automation tools, drip campaigns, and much more to take your email marketing game to the next level.
- Unique Email Tools: The platform’s wide range of email marketing tools allow you to communicate smarter with everyone on your contact list.
- Easy Editing Capabilities: Customize your emails as much as you want with easy-to-use editing tools.
- Real-Time Reporting: Easily track your success with real-time reporting and analytics tools.
- Mobile-Optimized Templates: There are hundreds of professionally-designed mobile-optimized templates for every conceivable purpose.
Pros of Constant Contact
- Well-established, reliable company with great reviews online
- This email service provider has a great email deliverability rate
- Simple, affordable pricing tiers based on your number of contacts
- An intuitive, easy-to-use interface that is perfect for beginners
- The event management feature tracks registrations in real-time
- Access to easy-to-use HTML templates (great for coders)
Constant Contact offers a 60-day free trial for you to test drive the software.
The basic “Email” plan is $20/month for small businesses that want to create professional emails and build customer relationships.
The “Email Plus” plan costs $45/month. It is designed for organizations that want to supercharge their results using automated emails and other features to engage their audiences using a marketing automation platform.
Affordable omnichannel email service best for new eCommerce businesses (FREE Plan or $16/month)
Omnisend’s platform is designed to take email marketing one step further by unifying the different aspects of email marketing across various social media platforms.
This includes text, push notifications, and much more.
With customers in over 130 countries using this email marketing software, Omnisend has become one of the best-known and most reliable email service providers.
Another reason for its growing popularity is that the software easily integrates with all the top eCommerce platforms.
From Shopify and WooCommerce to Magento, BigCommerce, and any other eCommerce software you may be using, Omnisend makes it easy to connect your platform so you can drive more sales.
Omnisend also has tools for understanding user device preferences and website browsing behavior based on any event created by you.
This allows you to send relevant messages to visitors on different platforms and devices, which isn’t possible on many of the other top email marketing platforms in the same category.
Yet another impressive feature of the platform is the product recommendations which automatically send messages to users based on the products they viewed or interacted with on your website.
This feature is excellent for boosting your eCommerce conversion rates and increasing your bottom line.
- All-in-One Platform: Omnisend has everything you need to drive sales with eCommerce-tailored SMS and email marketing.
- Track User Actions: The platform allows you to track website behavior to send more relevant messages to visitors.
- Drive Sales on Autopilot: Pre-built automation for welcome series, cart abandonment, and transactional emails.
- Improved Targeting: You can segment customers based on properties such as shopping behavior to improve conversions.
- Easy Integrations: Omnisend integrates with all the major eCommerce platforms, including Shopify, BigCommerce, and WooCommerce.
Pros of Omnisend
- You can have unlimited contacts on your free plan
- Creating email templates is simple, quick, and easy
- Great reporting features for helpful insights
- Easily create effective follow-up campaigns
- Great-looking pop-ups right out the box
You can sign up for the free plan, which you can use to send up to 500 emails per month with a 60 message limit with SMS messages and 500 with Web Notifications.
But, if you want features such as SMS/MMS notifications, Facebook custom audiences, web push notifications, and Google customer match, you have to upgrade to one of the premium plans, which start at $16/month for the “Standard” plan.
The best email marketing platform was automation for a small business (Starts from FREE)
This email service is straightforward to use. It’s built with beginners in mind and comes with a free plan with unlimited contacts and the ability to send 300 email newsletters every day.
Premium plans start at $20 per month if you require more volume.
The platform’s ease of use extends into every aspect, including the simple editor and clean-looking templates, which you can use to create professional-looking website opt-in forms and automated welcome emails.
Sendinblue also offers a CRM and live chat in its free plan.
You can create one automation workflow on the free plan. Still, with the paid plans, you can supercharge your email automation workflows by setting triggers and putting your contacts through custom workflows according to their behaviors on your site and in the sales funnel.
These triggers then create actions such as sending SMS (SMS marketing) and email messages or segmenting email contacts into different lists.
The platform also has a feature that uses AI and machine learning to determine the best time of day to send emails to get maximum engagement from your subscribers.
You can see real-time statistics on your dashboard with all the necessary reports, like open and click-through rates, deliverability, heat maps, etc.
- Great Communication Features: With Sendinblue, you can communicate with your customers through email marketing, SMS marketing, and live chat on your site.
- Easy Personalization: The platform makes it easy to segment your audience so you can send more targeted messages that get high engagement with personalized email marketing campaigns.
- Conversion Features: You can provide a more targeted visitor experience through conversion-focused sign-up forms, landing pages, Facebook ads, etc.
- Robust A/B Testing Capabilities: The platform has tools to help you boost performance through split testing of different ideas.
- Real-Time Statistics: This feature allows you to stay on top of performance in real-time to handle any issues.
Pros of Sendinblue
- Easy integrations with API and plugins
- In-depth open and click-through reports
- Email heat map for easy visualization
- AI-powered send time optimization for increased engagement
- The platform includes email, SMS marketing, and chat marketing features
You can get started with Sendinblue for free. The free plan has unlimited contacts, and you can send up to 300 emails each day.
Paid plans are based on the number of emails on your list and start at $25 per month and include unlimited emails, email support, A/B testing, and advanced statistics.
Easy to use email platform best for beginners with small budgets (Starts from FREE)
MailerLite offers a free plan that you can use for as long as possible. But, as your email list grows, you can upgrade to the paid plans to unlock more features and functionality.
With over 600,000 customers from across the globe, MailerLite has proved to be a flexible, reliable email marketing platform.
One of its growing popularity is its highly intuitive interface and 24/7 email support, and the live chat, which has an impressive 5-minute average response time.
MailerLite also has responsive email designs for every possible use. If you have fewer than 1,000 email subscribers, you can use their free email marketing software plan forever and send up to 12,000 emails every month.
The platform also has tools to help you track your email marketing results, such as tracking opens using location reports or a click map to measure content engagement.
Other features include eCommerce integrations with many of the top platforms for marketing automation.
You can also conduct email surveys to gain helpful insights from your subscribers.
There’s also a template gallery where you can simply pick and use professionally designed templates for any type of email you want to create.
In addition to all that, MailerLite also has an impressive email deliverability rate, so you have the peace of mind of knowing your emails will reach your subscribers’ inboxes.
- Powerful Drag-and-Drop Editor: Although MailerLite’s editor is simple and easy to use, it provides powerful customization features.
- Newsletter Templates: There are dozens of templates to choose from, so you don’t have to create your own email newsletters from scratch.
- Subscriber Management: Intuitive subscriber management interface allows you to add easily, filter, and organize subscribers.
- Personalization Features: Easily personalize your message to increase email engagement and boost conversions.
- A/B Testing: Split testing features allow you to optimize emails before sending them to your subscribers.
Pros of MailerLite
- Live 24/7 customer support through email and chat
- eCommerce integrations with many of the top platforms
- Great email deliverability rates
- High-quality, expertly designed email templates
- Simple yet powerful landing page builder
You can use the free plan for as long as you want to. Premium plans start at $10 per month (with a 30-day free email marketing software trial). You get access to all the features you need to implement a strong email marketing strategy with one of the best email marketing services on the market.
This email marketing service includes the landing page builder, pop-ups, embedded forms, etc. Pricing is based on your number of subscribers and will increase as your list grows.
Reliable email marketing platform for all types of marketers ($45/month)
Hubspot is well known for its marketing-focused products and services. It is arguably the most integrated marketing package you’ll find.
If you are looking for an easy way to design and optimize fantastic-looking emails, this platform could be ideal.
With Hubspot, you get a ton of custom features to suit your business, and as your enterprise grows, you can upgrade your plan to unlock advanced functionality.
The platform is designed to be user-friendly, which makes it ideal for use by beginners.
There are tons of pre-made email templates, each optimized to achieve high levels of engagement from your subscribers.
The platform has a simple drag-and-drop editor that makes it easy to customize the templates to match your style.
You can easily add images, text, dividers, buttons, and various other elements to create any layout you want.
Furthermore, you can preview your email designs quickly based on various devices, recipients, or email clients, such as Office 365, Apple Mail, and Gmail.
This tool also boasts powerful personalization features that allow you to personalize your email content based on many common merge tags, such as the recipient’s first name, and some unique ones, such as the user’s device, geographic location, and list segment.
- A/B Testing: Hubspot allows you to A/B test content and email subject lines to maximize open and clicks rates.
- Smart Send Functionality: You can adjust your send time to maximize engagement with this feature.
- In-Depth Metrics: The platform’s analytics dashboard shows you data on open rates, click rates, time spent viewing email, etc.
- User-Friendly Reporting: The reporting tool lets you gauge how your emails performed, including whether recipients read, skimmed, or merely glanced at the email.
- High Deliverability Rate: Hubspot email marketing software has a healthy email deliverability rate of 99%, among the best email marketing services in the industry.
Pros of Hubspot
- Hubspot, email marketing software, has a full-featured CRM software
- The platform also offers mobile optimization
- You get a personal calendar for scheduling appointments
- Features include automated sequences to improve workflow
- Includes timely phone and email support
Hubspot email marketing software pricing starts at $45 per month for businesses with 1,000 marketing contacts.
You can save 10% by paying annually, and you will have all the tools you need to attract audience attention, understand your leads, and engage them through email marketing.
Best email marketing platform for multi-brand management by agencies. (FREE Trial then $1-$2/1000 contacts)
BigMailer offers support for all email campaign types at a single price point.
The email platform has a brand management dashboard and allows user access management with permission levels.
The platform has several optimized workflows for agencies, franchises, and anyone working with multiple brands.
It supports template sharing between brands, free stock photo search, and unlimited asset storage at no extra cost.
The platform offers a variety of template management options:
- Classic HTML editor for managing existing templates.
- A drag-n-drop editor that allows building mobile-optimized templates quickly.
- Pre-built templates library.
BigMailer supports integrations with Zapier, Integromat, Zoho, and Pabbly, with access to hundreds of apps to integrate with.
Automation campaigns can set up confirmation emails, welcome sequences, or onboarding drip campaigns.
RSS to email option can send automated email updates for new blog posts, with various scheduling options.
- Support for all email campaign types and marketing automation – newsletters, automation, and transactional email campaigns
- Built-in brand and user access management
- Optimized asset management workflows
- Advanced Segmentation: Ability to the segment on custom and built-in fields – campaign engagement, email domain, DateAdded, and location.
- Geo-Targeting Option: Location data points are automatically captured on BigMailer signup forms.
- Access to unlimited free stock photos inside the drag-and-drop builder and template editor
- Option to get a dedicated IP address
Pros of BigMailer
- Free plan for up to 1000 contacts
- Affordable pricing without large tier jumps
- Unlimited brands at no extra cost.
- Live chat and email support seven days a week
- White label option on Agency plan
The customer journey start on a full-featured free Startup plan without a time limit.
There are no setup fees, and plans range from the “Business Basic” plan, which starts at $10 per month, to the “Agency” plan, which starts at $6000 per month and offers a white label option.
Best email marketing software with eCommerce CRM features ($19/month)
Launched in 2013, this email marketing platform has become one of the most popular services thanks to its intuitive automation and eCommerce CRM features.
The platform’s automation workflow editor is simple and easy to use. In addition, it’s designed with non-specialists in mind to provide a flexible user experience.
There’s a range of automation triggers you can choose from, such as:
- Links clicked
- Tags assigned
- Pages viewed
- Online store purchases, etc.
Yet another great feature of this platform is that it allows you to automatically tag users when they carry out specific actions as one of the best email marketing services on the market, such as visiting a particular product page.
Although Drip has many great features, there are a few areas where it could improve – particularly in the number of email templates on offer.
There are only six to choose from, but you can create or upload your own templates if you wish to.
This relatively new email platform and email marketing service is a great all-in-one email marketing solution for small to medium-sized eCommerce businesses that want an affordable automation system with CRM features to help them save time and organize leads more efficiently.
- Automation and Segmentation: The platform offers a variety of powerful email marketing tools for eCommerce merchants
- Cart Optimization: Drip allows you to send emails to help boost sales by targeting visitors who abandoned their cards.
- Robust Tracking: You can track valuable metrics related to your customers’ purchase behavior and intent.
- CRM Software: Drip’s CRM allows you to reach customers across various touch-points online, and the email marketing tools integrate with the CRM Software.
- Personalization Capabilities: Detailed analytics allow you to personalize your marketing messages.
Pros of Drip
- Offers a free 14-day trial to test out the software
- Affordable, growth-focused plans
- 24/7 live chat and email support
- The platform comes with in-built CRM software
- Powerful automation features are ideal for eCommerce businesses
There is no free plan, but you can test the software with a 14-day free trial.
Each of the paid plans offers complete access to all the features. Pricing depends on how many contacts you have on your list, with the lowest plan costing $19/month for a list of up to 500 contacts.
After your list hits 140,000 subscribers, pricing becomes custom.
Reliable email marketing software ideal for bloggers (Free – $29/month)
ConvertKit has features to help bloggers connect with their audience and send personalized emails with designs that look like they’re coming right from Gmail.
There are many attractive forms to choose from, each proven to increase conversion rates, and it’s easy to segment subscribers and set up automated emails to boost engagement levels.
The platform offers advanced email sequences that you can send to your contacts based on their behavior on your website and their actions within your emails.
With advanced triggers, you can segment your list based on these actions and send more targeted messages to boost conversions.
Furthermore, the platform is excellent for lead funnels, with professionally designed email templates proven to increase conversions and help you close sales.
In short, this platform will help bloggers build high-converting sales funnels through simple yet effective and professional-looking email designs that lack excessive branding, fancy design features, and other elements that tend to bring down conversions.
- Email Designer: Create simple, beautiful, and effective emails that increase your conversion rates.
- Native Integrations: ConvertKit allows you to connect to all the marketing and sales tools you use for your business.
- Commerce Features: You can start selling digital products in minutes on your website, thanks to ConvertKit’s eCommerce features.
- Easy Automation: The platform lets you create customized tags to send well-timed, targeted messages to your subscribers.
- Landing Pages: You can create high-quality, professional-looking landing pages in just minutes – even with no prior experience.
Pros of ConvertKit
- One of the most straightforward email marketing platforms that’s easy to use
- Provides a fantastic user experience and advanced features such as drip campaigns
- Best email marketing service with high deliverability rates for email campaigns
- Robust customer support and documentation
- Powerful features at an affordable price
You can use ConvertKit for free for up to 1,000 subscribers.
You get unlimited landing pages and forms on the free plan and the ability to send email broadcasts, sell digital products, and offer subscriptions.
Premium plans start at $29 per month and come with additional features, such as free migration from another tool, automated funnels, sequences, Facebook custom audiences, etc.
Omnichannel Customer data platform covering the needs of businesses of all types and sizes (Free – $5/month)
eSputnik is a customer data platform that has evolved from an email service provider over the past few years.
It now provides all the tools necessary to send campaigns via email, SMS, web or mobile push, and messengers within one system.
As for email marketing, the platform users have immediate access to all the newest technologies in the industry: AMP-powered emails, Advanced Segmentation, Geotargeting, Multilanguage, AI, and more.
eSputnik designs numerous solutions for every stage of the marketing funnel.
For customer acquisition, it offers built-in lead generation tools. Without code changing, you can add a subscription form to your site in a few clicks.
eSputnik’s drag-and-drop editor enables users to create the engaging email content.
It has more than 800 responsive email templates, 300+ ready-to-use content blocks, a product card generator. Thus, marketers can save hours on routine and focus on a big marketing game.
To retain customers and drive repeat sales, as the best email marketing service, CDP opportunities are the best. eSputnik collects data from all channels and unifies it into customer profiles.
Personal info, purchase history, on-site behavior, response to campaigns, data from third-party systems — all these sources can be used for further segmentation and personalization of your email marketing strategy.
You can set behavioral triggers and instantly react to user actions. Moreover, it allows you to add dynamic content and product recommendations that might be of the biggest interest to your customers.
The platform also has several A/B testing tools and complex real-time reports to steer your marketing efforts on track.
- CDP Functionality: Know exactly who you are talking to, what to offer them, and when to send messages.
- Omnichannel Communication: Complete email with other channels. Combining channels within one workflow will help you generate a better response and optimize your marketing budget.
- Product Recommendations: Send relevant product recommendations based on AI algorithms to increase the average check.
- AMP Support: Let your customers buy products, leave reviews, book meetings, and so on like direct mail.
- Complete Analytics: RFM and cohort analysis, contact list overview, email campaign reports including revenue from the email marketing campaign, and click the map.
Pros of eSputnik
- Fast integrations of the email marketing service with rich API opportunities
- Convenient builders for email templates, workflows, forms, and product carts
- Dynamic customer segmentation by multiple conditions
- Effective management of multilingual campaigns
- Free customer support is available 24/7 and is easy-to-reach
All new users receive 2,500 emails for free. eSputnik offers several flexible pricing plans to meet the specific needs of every business. The cost depends on the contact base size. The lowest plans:
- “Freedom” – $1,99 per 1,000 emails – No subscription fee, unlimited contacts.
- “Optimal.Unlimited messages” – $5 per month – Up to 1,000 contacts, unlimited messages.
- “Optimal.Unlimited contacts” – $11 per month – Up to 10,000 messages, store unlimited contacts.
Pricing on CDP features starts at $99 per month for up to 50,000 contacts and 250,000 website visitors.
All-in-one marketing automation platform ideal for all businesses (Starts from FREE)
This automation tool is designed to help you accomplish all your email marketing tasks from one platform – from building your list to connecting with your audience, and much more.
You can segment your contacts, personalize your emails, and automate many tasks, giving you time to focus more on customer relationships.
Moosend’s campaign builder comes with an intuitive drag-and-drop editor that allows you to customize templates exactly how you want them to look, even if you have no prior technical experience.
You can easily add text blocks, images, social icons, and other elements to your emails.
There is a huge library of email templates to choose from, each of which is professionally designed and optimized for high engagement and conversions.
Furthermore, all the templates are responsive, making them look great on all devices.
The platform also provides pre-built automation templates that allow you to automate messages using upsells, customer engagement, and customer loyalty emails.
To achieve this, simply consider the main components of each automation, which are the trigger, control steps, and actions.
Combining these three allows you to filter segments of your email list and send messages when your subscribers have taken specific actions.
- Custom Opt-in Forms: Moosend allows you to design and create your own opt-in forms for visitors to subscribe to your list.
- Landing Page Builder: You can build custom web pages with embedded email sign-up forms to increase conversions.
- List Segmentation: The platform has tools for segmenting your list of subscribers based on engagement metrics, email activity, abandoned carts, and much more.
- Stellar Support: Moosend has excellent customer support, including email, phone, live chat, and a vast knowledge base.
- Automation Workflows: With these templates, you can personalize your emails and easily nurture customer relationships.
Pros of Moosend
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop email editor
- A/B split-testing features for optimization
- Robust data analytics and reporting features
- List segmentation for highly personalized messaging
- Product recommendation feature for higher conversions
Moosend has a plan that is a free email marketing service for you to use forever. It doesn’t require a credit card and comes with unlimited emails, sign-up, and subscription forms. You also get reporting and analytics.
However, if you require features such as landing page creation, transactional emails, phone support, and adding team members to your account, you can upgrade to the paid plans, starting at just $8/month.
Popular email marketing platform ideal for small businesses (Free – $9.99/month)
Mailchimp is a popular email marketing platform that serves millions of customers worldwide.
It has a free email marketing service plan with a user-friendly interface that you can use to send up to 12,000 emails to 2,000 subscribers every month.
You can also send transactional emails, create autoresponders, get detailed analytics, and integrate third-party apps and tools.
If you own a small business, Mailchimp’s free plan offers more than enough features to get started building and growing your list.
As your subscriber base grows, you can upgrade to one of Mailchimp’s premium plans, each charged based on your email list size.
Mailchimp is famous mainly because it offers free email marketing services, but if you want to create more customized emails, the free version may not be the best email marketing services option for you.
Overall, Mailchimp is a reliable email marketing tool that helps small businesses achieve big goals.
Recently named one of the best global software companies of 2021, Mailchimp prides itself on providing support and guidance each step of the way through guides and tutorials, case studies, and marketing tips on its website.
- Email Marketing: The platform provides free email marketing services with many helpful tools to engage and delight your audience with beautiful, branded emails.
- Landing Pages: Easy drag-and-drop editor for designing landing pages to grow your audience.
- Audience Management: Mailchimp has a marketing CRM that will help you get to know and manage your audience.
- Marketing Automation: You can design personalized journeys using conditional logic, branching points, and more.
- Insights and Analytics: Mailchimp offers A/B testing, reports, surveys, and smart recommendations to give you deeper insights for better decision-making.
Pros of Mailchimp
- Mailchimp has all the products you need to get your business online
- You can market your business with email, digital ads, and social media
- The platform offers behavioral targeting and segmentation features
- You can sync and store your data by integrating it with other tools
- Create better email content with dynamic content features
- Understand how your emails are performing with detailed reports that include unsubscribe, open, and click-through rates
You can use Mailchimp for free for as long as you want. You get access to all the multichannel tools you require to build and grow your online business and audience.
Once your list exceeds 2,000 contacts, or if you require additional features, such as comparative reporting, multivariate testing, and phone support, then you can upgrade to the paid plans, which start at just $9.99/month.
Affordable platform with automated sales funnels and landing page builder ($15/month)
GetResponse is a popular all-in-one email marketing platform that is perfect for small businesses focused on growth.
You can create effective email marketing campaigns and build high-converting landing pages with this platform.
GetResponse also offers webinar software to help you streamline your marketing efforts.
This means you don’t have to go looking for third-party software to help you host webinars. Instead, you can do it all from one convenient place with email marketing services.
This email marketing service platform also has a special feature, Autofunnel, which is a tool that comes with over 30 pre-designed email templates, landing pages, and sequences to help you start generating sales immediately.
You get to choose your end goals, but whether you want to increase webinar sign-ups, drive leads, or sell products, Autofunnel will help you achieve your most important objectives when choosing an email marketing service for your small business.
It is optimized to nurture the subscribers on your list and maximize your entire funnel’s conversion rates.
There are over 500 templates from which to choose (although they could do with some upgrading to make them look more modern).
Another feature that could be improved is the platform’s deliverability rate.
- Email Marketing Service: GetResponse offers professional templates that are easy to customize to suit your needs with a GetResponse email marketing service.
- Webinar Software: You can easily set up and run webinars with the platform’s complete marketing webinar tools.
- Marketing Automation: You will have all the email marketing tools to build automation flows that bring your customer journeys to life.
- Landing Pages: Choose from dozens of pre-made landing pages to convert traffic into leads.
- Robust Analytics: You can easily track the performance of your emails through key metrics, automated reports, etc.
Pros of GetResponse
- List management features for precise targeting
- Transactional emails, such as order confirmations, receipts, etc.
- Easy to use email creator for professional-looking emails
- Autoresponders for welcome, follow-up, and nurturing emails
- Sign-up forms and pop-ups to help you grow your email list
GetResponse offers a 30-day free trial where you can test out all the platform’s features before signing up for a paid plan.
The “Basic” plan costs $15/month for 1,000 subscribers and includes email marketing, autoresponders, and unlimited landing pages, among other features.
The “Plus,” “Professional,” and “Max” plans offer more advanced features, such as sales funnels, webinar funnels, automation builders, content scoring and tagging, and much more.
What are Features Important in Email Marketing Software?
You will find our list of email marketing software useful, whether you’re a startup conducting email marketing for the first time or an established company trying out new strategies.
But, you may not know how to choose the right email marketing platform from the many options presented to you.
Below, I’ve listed several factors you need to consider when picking the best email marketing software that will save you time, convert leads, nature customers, and grow your business.
If you have to spend countless hours trying to figure out how your email marketing platform works, then that kind of defeats the purpose, doesn’t it?
You must choose a platform that is powerful but also easy to use so you can save time creating and managing effective email campaigns.
You might read through user reviews to find out how easy to use the platform’s interface is before making a choice.
Being able to organize and sort your email addresses is an essential feature of any email marketing service provider.
It allows you to laser in and target specific groups of your subscriber list to send them more relevant, personalized content and offers that they are interested in.
This type of personalization has been proven to be highly effective in helping to boost conversions and increase sales and email marketing.
With this type of email personalization, you’ll be able to leverage detailed information about your customers to position your brand messaging in a way that truly resonates with them.
In addition to targeting your customers based on the topics they are interested in, the right email marketing software will allow you to customize your emails using a variety of professionally designed email templates for personalized emails without going to the spam folder.
These allow you complete control over every aspect of the messages you send out for your email campaigns.
Email marketing remains useful for many businesses. With a good marketing campaign, you will be able to create stunning, unique emails and personalize each one to align with your campaign goals and email marketing strategy.
The email marketing platform should be poised to offer you maximum deliverability for your email campaigns.
You’ll find that although your email marketing services and campaign may be CAN-SPAM compliant, many email platforms tend to have poor deliverability rates, which will ultimately impact the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns.
So, you might want to choose a platform with a reliable sender policy framework (SPF) that monitors blacklists and removes inactive users to reduce bounced emails.
5. Responsive Display
Many customers access emails on their mobile devices, and it’s extremely difficult to read some types of emails when using a mobile screen.
So make sure you use an email marketing system with a responsive display to display your emails on smartphones and tablets.
The majority of email tools today can easily integrate with the most popular CRM (customer relationship management) solutions and marketing automation functionality.
For some email marketing platforms, this is important if you want to align sales and marketing activities for a more convenient process that targets the right people with the right messages at the right time.
7. Email Volume
It’s essential to consider the number of emails you need to send every month when choosing email marketing platforms. If you have an extensive mailing list, most email marketing platforms may limit the number of emails you can send to your constant contact lists.
That’s why it’s important to choose a plan that can handle your current workload and allows you to scale up without driving up your costs and reducing your ROI.
If your business deals with sensitive personal data or if you need email marketing platforms with certifications for specific security and privacy compliance, make sure you consider this before making your choice.
That’s why it’s crucial to take the time to choose an email service provider that has the features to take care of all your security and compliance needs, such as:
- ISO 27001 (information security)
- ISO 27018 (cloud privacy)
- ISO 27017 (cloud security)
- GDPR Compliant
- EU-US Privacy Shield s
- CAN-SPAM Compliant
- TLS encryption
- HIPAA Compliant
- Segmented accounts
9. Optimization (Analytics and Reporting)
In today’s competitive world, it’s extremely important for marketers to tell exactly how their campaigns are performing, including which emails generate a positive ROI, and so on.
With the proper optimization tools, you will be able to do more of what works and make improvements wherever necessary.
So, choose an email marketing tool with optimization features, such as send-time optimization, A/B testing, campaign analytics, and in-depth reporting.
Opt for an email marketing platform that readily integrates with all major ESPs.
At the very least, your email marketing software should integrate with various CRM, helpdesk, and various other solutions in your tech stack.
This will allow you to share customer data for marketing, sales, and customer service.
Additionally, your chosen email marketing solutions must allow you to easily import and export standard file formats, such as CSV, txt, etc.
11. Support and Training
The majority of email marketing platforms are surprisingly lacking in this regard.
A few, such as ActiveCampaign, Hubspot, and Drip, stand out for offering robust customer support and training to help their customers get the most out of their respective platforms.
They offer support in the way of intuitive user interfaces, extensive video tutorials, how-to guides, virtual and in-person events, a community on social media, and how to use social media accounts, and create social media posts for email campaigns, webinars, courses, certifications, e-books, etc.
Ensure that the platform you choose offers support in a format that works for you.
Although pricing should never be the main determining factor for which email software and email marketing tools you choose, it’s still essential to ensure that you’re getting real value.
Keep in mind that you get what you pay for with these types of email marketing tools, and you can’t expect the same features from a $20/month tool that you get from a $300/month platform.
Luckily, the list above includes some of the best email marketing software, such as ConstantContact, that offer enormous value at an affordable price
Important Email Marketing Statistics
If you’re still not convinced about how essential email marketing services are to your business, here are some recent stats for you to consider:
- Email marketing services has an impressive return on investment of $38
- By the end of 2021, there will be over 4.1 billion email users in the world
- There are currently over 5.6 billion active email accounts
- Segmented email marketing campaigns result in a 760% boost in revenue
- 319.6 billion emails are sent and received worldwide every day
Email Marketing Software Q&A
What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is sending commercial messages, typically to groups of people, using email.
It’s a vital marketing channel for online businesses. Even small websites can take advantage of it to send promotional emails, request business, or solicit sales from potential and current customers.
Why is Email Marketing Important?
Email marketing is essential because it helps marketers reach and connect with their target market in a timely and cost-effective way.
The email has the highest ROI (return on investment) of any marketing channel because it can be easily personalized, and email marketing software helps increase conversions and sales.
How Does Email Marketing Work?
Businesses use an email service provider, ESP, to send marketing emails to their customers and prospects.
This email marketing software and service have the infrastructure necessary to ensure high email deliverability to help businesses achieve their goals, such as welcoming new subscribers, boosting brand awareness, boosting audience engagement, increasing sales, etc.
How Can You Get Email Subscribers?
Getting people to subscribe to your email list comes down to having an effective strategy with email marketing software. For instance, craft a compelling offer that will entice more sign-ups.
Insert calls to action (CTAs) on-site to get the emails from your website visitors and make it easy for them to enter their email addresses and subscribe in as few clicks as possible.
Best Way to Start Email Marketing
The best way to start email marketing is to collect emails first. Then, after you’ve built a targeted email list, you can then begin creating sequences that are relevant to the people on your list – and aligned with your specific goals for email marketing.
Make sure you deliver value before asking for something.
How Much Does Email Marketing Cost?
Email marketing costs vary depending on whether you are self-managing your campaigns or working with an agency.
The amount you pay also depends on the marketing software you choose and the number of subscribers on your list.
On average, a midsized business might spend between $9 and $300 per month on self-managed campaigns, while a business working with an agency might spend $300 – $2,000+.
What Other Email Marketing Software Would You Recommend?
While I would recommend sticking with one of the email marketing tools I listed above, you can choose from several other great email marketing software services, including Salesforce.
Once you have selected the right email marketing software and services, there are other tools you should consider, like OptInMonster that help optimize your emails for conversions.
Additionally, you can use chatbots to help you generate email subscribers on your site.
Finding the exemplary email marketing software service to support your online business is one of the most important decisions.
It took me countless hours to put together this list to help you understand the different platforms available, and I hope it enables you to choose the right platform for you.