Podcasting is growing steadily, and research shows that more than 100 million adults in America listen to at least one podcast per month and that 55% of Americans listened to a podcast in 2020.
I’m willing to bet your audience is in there somewhere.
That’s why this is an excellent time to start a podcast as a way to connect with and engage your audience so you can get your message across in an effective way.
The most crucial step to take when you want to start a podcast is to choose the best podcast hosting service.
This is a service offered by companies that will host your podcast episodes on their servers so your audience can easily download them.
But today’s different podcast hosts do a lot more than that (as you will discover below).
What Are the Best Podcast Hosting Platforms?
There are many great paid and free plan podcast hosting platforms to choose from.
But with so many options available to you, how exactly do you know which one is the best podcast hosting site for you? Finding the right podcast platform is like Cinderella finding the glass slipper that was the perfect fit.
To help you answer the question and find your “glass slipper,” here is our list of best podcast hosting platforms this year. This list includes podcast hosts with both paid and free options.
Well-established, all-in-one podcasting hosting solution (Starts FREE then $9/month)
PodBean is an all-in-one podcasting hosting solution that allows beginners and professionals to create high-quality podcast files or host video podcasts in just minutes. It tops our list of the best podcast hosting for a good reason.
With this podcast hosting site, you don’t need any prior programming knowledge or much technical knowledge at all.
It’s straightforward to use and understand right out of the box and comes with a free podcast website. The ease of use is one of the main reasons it’s listed so high on my list.
It has an intuitive dashboard and a robust support system. Moreover, everything is mobile-ready from the start, so you can be up and running in no time.
- Unlimited Podcasting: The platform offers unlimited bandwidth, unlimited uploads, and storage space.
- Reliable Media Hosting: PodBean offers fast audio and video hosting and a smoother experience for your fans.
- Comprehensive Stats: Gather helpful insights with regard to the performance of your podcast.
- Customizable Branding: You can personalize colors, fonts, and layouts to match your brand or your own website.
Pros of PodBean
- Easy platform to use for those just getting started
- PodBean provides a free plan podcast website and website hosting with each new account
- Comes with several professional themes for customizing your look
- Includes an app on iOS and Android to publish episodes directly from your phone
- Allows for easy integration with social media
- Integrates easily with Patreon to accept membership payments from listeners.
PodBean has two pricing plans. The “Unlimited Audio” for $9 per month, and the “Unlimited Plus” plan for $29 per month.
This is nice because they don’t limit you on the number of hours of audio storage like some platforms do.
Podbean offers a free 30-day trial, so you can try out the software before committing to a paid plan.
What Are People Saying:
“I’ve been with Podbean since my very first episode and wouldn’t go anywhere else.
I researched all the hosting platforms three years ago, and I can honestly say I made the right choice.
The value for money is excellent, as is their customer service.” Neil – Science Adventure Stories for Kids.
The simplest way to host, promote, and track your podcasts (Starts from FREE).
BuzzSprout is a popular podcast host that allows you to submit your audio files to all the top directories where people are searching for them.
When you sign up on this dedicated podcast hosting service, you can potentially reach millions of listeners automatically as Buzzsprout feeds are compatible with directories like Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and more.
- Podcast Directory Submissions: You can get your podcast and podcast episodes listed in all the top directories.
- Advanced Statistics: BuzzSprout offers advanced podcast audience statistics that allow you to easily track your progress.
- Automatic Episode Optimization: No need to worry about file types, ID3 tags, or bitrates. Simply upload your file and BuzzSprout will optimize the episodes automatically.
- Dynamic Content: This tool allows you to remove pre-roll and post-roll segments from episodes and send messages to all listeners at the same time (regardless of which episode they are listening to at the time).
- Chapter Markers: Buzzsprout has a cool feature that allows podcasters to include chapter markers in their podcasts, which is great for longer audio.
Pros of BuzzSprout
- Free plan with unlimited bandwidth
- Robust affiliate marketplace.
- Wide range of podcast directories
- Includes episode embedding and transcription
- Award-winning customer care
BuzzSprout has four pricing plans, starting with the free plan, where you get two hours of upload time for free each month for up to 90 days. This is the perfect way to learn the ropes before committing to a paid plan.
The highest plan offers up to 12 hours of content each month for $24 per month.
Buzzsprout has a nice little perk as well for new podcasters. They’ll give you a $20 Amazon gift card if you sign-up for one of their paid plans for two months when you use this link, not a bad touch if you ask me.
What Are People Saying:
“Buzzsprout is great! Their customer service is fantastic, and it’s a great product. You should check them out.” Pat Flynn – Host, Ask Pat.
The most reliable and affordable WordPress podcast hosting solution ($19/month).
Castos is a full-featured podcast plugin for WordPress, unlike other podcast hosting companies. It’s designed for use by people who already have a WordPress website.
To get started, all you have to do is sign up for the free plan trial, install the WordPress plugin on your site, and then add your new episodes into the podcast section within your WordPress dashboard.
You can upload your audio files, insert the description, and your podcast will be live on your website with a customizable media podcast player.
- Podcast Analytics: You can easily track your performance and optimize for better results.
- Customizable Podcast Webpage: You can customize the page to match your WordPress site colors and fonts.
- Automated Transcripts: You get automated transcripts that help to boost your SEO reach and improve your podcast accessibility.
- Manage Your Podcast from WordPress: You can do everything right within your WordPress dashboard.
Pros of Castos
- Easily republish your podcast to YouTube
- Unlimited storage and bandwidth
- Easy, free migrations with one click
- Unique RSS feed for each episode
- Customized media player
The “Starter” plan costs $19 per month, and it comes with unlimited storage, bandwidth, and episodes.
The “Growth” plan costs $49 per month and allows you to include up to 250 private subscribers and republish your videos to YouTube so you can have a video podcast function as well.
The “Pro” plan is $99 per month, and it’s ideal for broadcasters who want to access more analytics.
You can sign up for a 14-day free trial to test out the platform.
What Are People Saying:
“Seriously Simple Podcasting makes it ridiculously easy to become more than a hobbyist podcaster.
And yet, they still work to meet the needs of a power user looking for new hosting options.
With their excellent customer service, you will not find a better value in hosting services.” Brian Jennings – Raresonance Media
An affordable podcast hosting platform perfect for growing your audience ($19/month).
This is one of the most straightforward podcasting interfaces you will find.
It’s great for beginners, and it has growth features to allow you to expand your podcast, with private podcasting, a podcast player, and unlimited team members option.
You can embed the podcast easily on your existing website, or you can create your podcast website within minutes using the free plan site builder on the platform.
The templates are compatible with any device, and they come with an email capture form which is excellent to add people to your email list.
- Easy to Use: The platform has a strict “no jargon” rule which makes it easy for new podcasters to get their shows up and running.
- Customizable Website: Includes a website builder so you can easily create your own podcast brand. However, if you’re interested in a builder, I’d recommend a website builder listed here.
- Audience Tracking Tools: Accurately measure important metrics, such as where your podcast listeners drop off from listening.
- Built-in Calls to Action: Generate new leads and grow your audience with built-in CTAs, listener donation support, etc.
Pros of Captivate
- Embeddable podcast player with the latest episode
- Works with WordPress, Wix, or SquareSpace themes
- Embeds directly on Twitter for instant playback
- Includes deep-dive episode analysis for clearer insights
- 7-day risk-free trial with full use of features
- Unlimited team members on your account
Captivate’s plans range from $17 per month for 12,000 monthly downloads to $90 per month for 150,000 monthly downloads.
Each plan comes with many great podcasting features, and you can upgrade as your podcast grows.
What Are People Saying:
“As a new podcaster, Captivate took away the overwhelm, the fear of technology, and made it clear what to do and when.
Thankfully Captivate is so user-friendly that I managed to get my podcast launched much quicker than I expected – something I was never able to do with other hosts!” Ally – The Hingham Cast
Excellent content management system with robust monetization (Starts from FREE).
Speakers make podcast hosting easy for everyone.
It’s an all-in-one solution for podcasters, whether they’re newbies who are just getting started or professionals publishing tons of content every week.
The platform is designed to make it as easy as possible for you to upload and share your podcast with millions of listeners, as well as connect with other podcast creators and advertisers on the platform’s web and mobile apps.
- Team Management Features: Spreaker makes it easy for you to work with your team and add collaborators.
- Easy Management and Scheduling: You can manage and schedule more than one podcast in the same account.
- Content Management System: Automatically distribute new episodes to all major listening platforms.
- Strategic Monetization: Dynamic ad insertion for strategically monetizing episodes and shows.
Pros of Spreaker
- Comes with a “live podcasting” option so you can interact with listeners
- Desktop app for Windows and Mac and mobile app for iPhone and Android
- Has a dynamic ad insertion, that enables a quick monetization program
- The platform offers enterprise capabilities for large teams
- Streamlined podcast distribution at the click of a button
- Spreaker Studio allows you to record podcasts on the go
You can use Spreaker for free or start with the $6 per month plan ranging up to a $45 per month plan.
Each plan has multiple podcast hosting, programmatic monetization, and customizable RSS feeds.
The higher-priced plans include complete statistics, limited-access podcasts, and customizable player colors.
What Are People Saying:
“Thank you so much for making podcasting a viable career for me. I was struggling before Spreaker came into my life. And now I can do this full-time, without worrying about money.” Josh Hallmark.
A simple and affordable all-in-one podcast hosting platform (Starts from FREE).
This is a free podcast host that offers unlimited podcasts, unlimited bandwidth, and storage.
It also has an extensive directory of shows and features built for professional podcasters, essential in any of the best podcast hosting sites.
The dashboard is intuitive and designed to make it easy for anyone to upload, share, and track an episode, regardless of their skill level or technical training.
- Easy Podcast Sharing: This platform makes it easier for listeners to find your podcasts thanks to embeddable audio players and your own website.
- Social Media Integrations: You can easily share your podcast on Facebook and Twitter.
- Podcast Statistics: The platform provides behind-the-scenes analytics so you can learn how your listeners consume your content.
- Affordable All-in-One Solution: Podcasts.com is a simple and affordable platform with all the features podcasters need to manage their shows on one platform.
Pros of Podcasts.com
- Free to sign up and host podcasts
- Provides an easy solution that doesn’t require programming knowledge
- Has a large database of listeners which makes it easy to build an audience
- Offers a robust customer support system for new users.
- Unlimited storage and bandwidth
- Makes it easy to promote and share your podcast across social networks
It’s all FREE! Free podcast hosting plan, unlimited everything, and no fees are included.
Do you need free but the best podcast hosting services?
All you have to do to get started is register for an account on the site, and that’s it.
An industry-leading platform that powers top podcast brands ($15/month).
Simplecast is a reliable podcast hosting and one of the best podcast hosting platforms in the market today and an analytics platform used by a lot of popular brands, including Facebook, Nike, and Harvard University.
The platform is designed for podcasters of all levels, from the biggest to the smallest shows.
With one click, you can publish and distribute your episode to millions of listeners, making this platform ideal for beginners trying to build an audience.
- Team Collaboration: You can easily collaborate with many different team members in a single account.
- Advanced Analytics Tools: Get in-depth audience insights and easily compare analytics across two or more episodes.
- Fully Functioning Website: When you sign up for an account, you also receive a fully functioning podcast website.
- One-Click Publishing: With a single click of the mouse, your podcast can be in front of millions of listeners.
Pros of Simplecast
- Multiple podcast players and web players
- Unlimited storage and uploads
- Customizable show website with a custom domain
- Embeddable episode web player
- Comes with email support
Simplecast offers a free 14-day trial. After that, the “Basic” plan starts at $15 per month, and this includes everything you need to launch a podcast.
The “Essential” plan costs $35 per month and has the most basic features.
If you want collaboration tools and even deeper insights, you could opt for the “Growth” plan at $85 per month.
What Are People Saying:
“We’ve used Simplecast for quite a few years to host multiple podcasts. Not a single complaint, and the whole team is one of the best in the industry.” Josh Pigford – JoshPigford.com
An all-in-one podcast hosting platform for WordPress website builders ($77/month).
If you are new to podcasting, this podcast host is an excellent option for you to consider.
It features a simple workflow that lets podcasters access fully responsive podcast hosting and security. It also includes daily backups, 24/7 support, and built-in statistics.
The platform boasts a robust community of experienced podcasters to help beginners promote their podcasts and provide podcasting advice on ads, monetization methods, and other strategies.
- All-in-One Platform: Create, grow, and monetize your podcast – all in one convenient place.
- 24/7 Support: The platform offers round-the-clock personal support from experienced podcasters.
- In-Depth Knowledge Base: You’ll also find a lot of video tutorials and media to answer all your basic questions.
- Drag-And-Drop Website Builder: Create and customize your podcast website quickly and easily using mobile-friendly themes that are unique to podcasters.
Pros of Podcast Websites
- Intuitive user interface makes it easy for beginners
- Simple podcasting workflow
- Complete daily backups included
- Includes robust website security
- Download statistics and podcast media hosting
Podcast Websites plans start from $77 per month and provide you with everything you need to launch your podcast, brand, and website successfully.
The platform offers a no-hustle 7-day money-back guarantee.
What Are People Saying:
“The personal support is unbelievable!
It’s so great knowing that I can be at a conference and have a team of people who understand my needs & the podcasting industry supporting my podcast website.
It’s like having my design & development team!” Richard Kligman.
Affordable podcast publishing platform with built-in analytics ($19/month).
Transistor is a well-known professional hosting service that powers a lot of popular podcasts and has quality hosting plans.
The platform is one of the podcast hosting sites that offer a robust suite of analytics tools and everything else you need to grow your podcast audience and also has an option of private podcasting.
Simply record your audio, upload it to Transistor, and they will automatically distribute it to the major podcast directories, including Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and Spotify.
- Unlimited Shows: Transistor allows you to host an unlimited number of shows on your account.
- Multiple Users: You can add multiple team members to a single account.
- Easy Distribution: Instantly distribute your podcast to all major networks at the click of a button.
- Create Branded Website: You can build a branded website using your own domain name.
Pros of Transistor
- The platform offers advanced analytics and reporting
- Simple migration tools to import from other hosting plans
- Affordable, growth-focused pricing plans that are easy to scale
- Free 14-day trial with full access to features
- Allows you to host as many different shows as you want
Transistor offers a free 14-day trial. After that, plans start at $19 per month for the “Starter” plan, allowing 15,000 downloads per month, unlimited shows and episodes, private podcasts, and analytics.
The “Business” plan costs $99 per month and allows for 200,000 downloads per month. You also get unlimited shows and episodes, analytics and collaborators, and enhanced private podcasts.
What Are People Saying:
“After using Transistor for just a few minutes, I decided to leave Libsyn.
I can say without a doubt, Transistor is the easiest to use podcast host on the market.
On Libsyn you have to go through pages of confusing options to publish a single episode; Transistor is truly a breath of fresh air.” Andy Baldacci – Pod Avenue
The best platform for beginners to start a podcast and more ($19/month).
This platform prides itself on getting your podcast on all major podcast networks, making it perfect for reaching broad audiences whether you are brand-new or have years of experience, unlike most podcast hosting sites.
It has an intuitive user interface that makes it easy to get started creating, uploading, and sharing your podcast.
- Unlimited Storage: The platform offers unlimited storage and unlimited podcasts for each account.
- Free Podcast Promotion: This podcast host helps to promote your new podcasts to its massive base of listeners.
- Podcast Submission: Your podcast is automatically submitted to all the major platforms for instant listening.
- Detailed Analytics: You get in-depth analytics and reporting on your podcast audience.
Pros of PodServe.fm
- Easy to use platform ideal for beginners
- Free promotion to help you get listeners
- One-on-one customer support
- Full-service hosting and submission to directions
- 14-day free trial – no credit card required
Podserve.fm only has one plan priced at $19 per month.
It includes unlimited storage, unlimited podcast, and free podcast promotion.
You also get your podcast submitted to all major platforms, and you will receive detailed download analytics and one-on-one customer support every month.
What Are People Saying:
“As CEO of The Pilot Radio, I find myself constantly coordinating a variety of services with different companies to improve our day-to-day operation further.
Tyler at PodServe.fm has by far provided not only the best customer service but has set the example in exceptional customer support as well.
I only wish we could have found PodServe.fm sooner to host my podcast, as it would have saved us much trouble and headache with other companies.” Alex – The Pilot Radio
All-in-one platform to handle your podcasting needs ($49/month).
Unlike other podcast hosting services, PodcastGIANT builds the website for you.
There’s no need to learn how to set up hosting, themes, podcast feeds, etc.
Simply pick one of the custom themes, send your content in, and sit back as the PodcastGIANT team launches your entire website.
This is an excellent platform for beginners with no technical experience building websites or hosting podcasts.
- Fast, Unlimited Hosting: You get everything you need to build a successful and optimized podcast website.
- Nightly Backups: You can sleep easy knowing that the website provides complete website backups every night.
- Unlimited Podcasts: There is no limit to your podcast or bandwidth. You can upload as much content as you want.
- SEO-Optimized: Your website is optimized for search engines so your listeners can find your content easily.
Pros of PodcastGIANT
- The platform offers scalable, growth-focused plans
- They offer free setup for new users
- Done-for-you podcast website with each account
- Affordable monthly pricing for unlimited uploads
- Beautiful, optimized, and easily customizable themes
PodcastGIANT only has one plan for $49 per month.
They offer free setup for new users and provide you with a fully optimized website created using one of their many beautiful themes.
What Are People Saying:
“Why do I send every podcaster I know to PodcastGiant for all their website needs?
Fast, Simple, Affordable, & High-Quality website builds, that’s why! You will not find a better option for your podcast website than PodcastGiant.” Jacob Bozarth.
A podcast hosting platform designed to help you reach your audience faster ($25/month).
Resonate will help you save time by hosting your podcast in the same place where you do your post-production.
You can efficiently distribute your podcast to all significant directories at the click of a button.
The platform also comes with a robust insights dashboard to review detailed stats and track your growth.
You also get a podcast microsite automatically created as soon as you sign up.
- One-Click Publishing: With Resonate, you can publish your episodes to all podcast directories at the push of a button.
- Insights Dashboard: This allows you to track your growth and provides you with valuable data so you can optimize your marketing strategies.
- Free Migration: It’s free and easy to switch to another podcast hosting platform.
- Private Hosting: You can start an internal podcast at work or create a membership podcast.
Pros of Resonate
- The platform offers professional editing and production services
- Live chat support from a responsive team
- Full set of built-in private podcast tools
- You can easily post everywhere with one click
- Detailed analytics to measure audience engagement
Resonate has a price for any size audience.
They offer a 14-day free trial, and their plans start at $25 per month for the “Basic,” which includes unlimited downloads, episodes, and show users.
You also get an embed player, detailed embed player analytics, and live chat support.
The “Premium” plan costs $49 per month and includes everything in the “Basic” plan and a podcast microsite.
What Are People Saying:
“We’ve had a great experience with Resonate—it’s allowed us to create a podcast that we can restrict to a known list of people while still allowing them to listen in the same way as they do with all their other podcasts.
This has been a massive boon to adoption, and Resonate made it possible.” Ian Varley – Principal Architect, Salesforce.
Free platform for creating and managing podcasts (FREE).
It’s a free podcast hosting platform known for its website and eCommerce features. Squarespace free plan allows you to create and manage your podcasts.
You can use your built-in RSS feeds to publish to Apple Podcasts and a lot of other subscription services.
Your Squarespace website will help businesses find archived episodes and show notes, as well as other information about the podcasts.
All you have to do is set up a podcast blog page, add a blog post with your episode using an audio blog, and then submit your RSS feed for syndication.
- Free to Use: If you’re already using Squarespace for your website, then you can add a podcast for free.
- Podcast Publishing: A built-in RSS feed allows you to publish on all major podcast subscription services.
- High-Quality Website: SquareSpace offers high-quality, customizable podcast website templates.
- In-Depth Knowledge Base: There are a lot of videos and articles to help you get started podcasting with Squarespace
Pros of Squarespace
- You can use it for free if you already pay for a website through Squarespace
- The platform is extremely easy to use
- Squarespace is a reliable and well-established podcast host
- It’s easy to submit your podcast to all directories
- You can track your listeners with analytics
Squarespace podcasting services are free to use for existing users.
Reliable podcast hosting for marketers by marketers (Starts at $15/month).
If you are looking to grow social engagement, traffic, and revenue with your podcast, then this could be the perfect platform for you.
Trusted by many well-known brands, including One Up, Hey Digital, and Summatti, this podcast host offers a ton of helpful features, including audio inserts, auto opt-in, transcription, and one-click submission.
- Audio Inserts: You can insert compelling audio CTAs (calls to action) in each episode with just a few clicks.
- Auto Opt-in: Allow your listeners to subscribe to your email newsletter or download premium content by sending a blank email to a custom email address.
- Transcription: Auto transcription allows you to easily convert your audio content into text so you can optimize for Google search.
- One-Click Submission: With a single click, you can distribute your podcast to all the major directories and networks.
Pros of bCast
- Custom domains to build traffic and SEO on your own web property
- Easily notify guests as soon as your podcast is live
- Each account gets an automatically generated podcast website
- Podcast automatically published to YouTube
- Integrated affiliate program for recurring commissions
bCast offers a 14-day free trial. After that, plans start at $15/month, with the “Starter” which offers one podcast, complete episodes, and unlimited storage.
You get 10,000 downloads per month, two hours of transcription, and audio inserts.
You can sign up for the “Growth” account at $35 per month or the “Legendary” plan at $75 per month if you want additional transcription hours, downloads, and sub-accounts.
What Are People Saying:
“The bCast team got us set up with hosting and growing our podcast: The SaaS Marketing Show in a couple of days. I highly recommend it if you are a business and you’re looking to podcast: use bCast!” Dylan Hey – CEO of Hey Digital.
More Podcast Host Platforms
Blubrry is a quality podcast hosting service that’s been around since the early days and was one of the first to be given an IAB certification.
They have a track record that’s unmatched by many, and although they aren’t as popular as they once were, they’re still a perfect and reputable solution with unlimited bandwidth.
Even more popular than Blubrry is their WordPress plugin called the “Powerpress plugin.” This plugin was one of the first to allow anyone with a website to run a podcast directly on it. You can learn how to do this here.
They’ve had so much success because their free WordPress website, including internal private podcasting, integrates seamlessly with their hosting and as that plugin grows, so does their business.
Backtracks podcast hosting site and develops tools such as podcast analytics to help publishers succeed in podcasting. It does this success by combining your storytelling skills with our measurement and monetization expertise.
A simple but effective method for podcasting.
Megaphone podcast hosting company provides you with the most intelligent tools for publishing, monetizing, and measuring your podcast business.
You can monetize more of your content using dynamic insertion, like WordPress integration.
Obtain the necessary insights to enable strategic decision-making Scale consistently without outages or downtime
Acast is one of the best podcast hosting sites available today. It helps creators and advertisers of all sizes reach listeners in the world’s most immersive environment.
Discover and expand your audience on every podcast listening app available, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, and hundreds more.
Without losing subscribers, Fireside podcast hosting site can import your existing podcast from any existing podcast platform or custom RSS feed with a single click.
Even though Fireside can import from any valid podcast RSS feed, we have custom importers for all platforms, making it stand out among other podcast hosting platforms.
The all-in-one platform for podcast hosting, management, distribution, promotion, commercialization, and measurement.
It saves you time and money by using a single solution for capturing, editing, distributing, monetizing, and measuring broadcast to a podcast.
Distribute and track podcasts securely for internal communications, employee onboarding, sales enablement, HR, and training.
Are you the radio station owner, a broadcaster, or a publisher?
Reach out to loyal listeners and deliver your brand message with dynamic ad insertions and endorsements from top podcasting talent.
We collaborate with thousands of the most talented podcasters and audio producers.
You can create, distribute, and monetize your podcast for free.
Integrated uploading, recording, and editing tools simplify creating and publishing episodes.
With a single tap, you can distribute your podcast to the most popular listening apps, including Spotify, and host unlimited content for free, forever.
Unlock sponsorships or create a subscription to start earning money as your audience grows.
They have advanced analytics and insights to assist you in understanding and expanding your audience.
Wherever your audience congregates online, your podcast can join them as part of an online course—located within a membership community. It’s on your website. You can now grow your podcast like never before with Fusebox.
Traditional podcast players are not designed with audience expansion in mind. Fusebox is a device.
What Features Should You Look For in a Podcast Hosting Platform?
As you’ve seen, there are dozens of podcast hosting platforms to choose from. But what exactly should you look for when making your decision?
On the surface, it may appear that many of the podcast hosting services are the same, but that isn’t true.
Each of them has its own unique set of features to offer. It’s only by understanding what to look for that you will pick the best one for you and your team members’ needs.
Listed below are the factors to consider so you can choose the best podcast websites to suit your needs.
- Storage Capabilities: Whether you are just starting out or if you want to move to a better platform, you need one with audio storage capabilities, and unlimited bandwidth to cover your requirements.
The last thing you want is to run out of space to store your audio files, so choose a platform with unlimited storage and episode uploads, so you never run out of space.
- Website Integrations: A podcast website is a central place where listeners can come to discover hours of audio on everything they need to know about your show, from finding out more about your brand to subscribing to the podcast and tuning in to your latest episode.
So make sure you choose a podcast host with the capabilities to integrate with your website and web hosting. For instance, if you are using a WordPress site, make sure there is a dedicated podcasting WordPress plugin.
- Audience Analytics: For you to grow your podcast engagement, you must understand your audience. You need to know where they’re listening, how long they’re listening for, which platforms they are using, and so on.
Choose a podcast host with the right audience analytics tools and a simple podcasting WordPress plugin so you can discover all these insights and more.
- Monetization Support: Eventually, you will want to monetize your podcast. This means your podcast host should offer monetization support.
There are a lot of advancements being made in the industry about monetizing podcasts.
Just make sure you choose a host that offers support and technology for the types of monetization strategies you intend to use.
- Content Repurposing Services: Most podcast hosts make it possible for you to easily add your podcast to all directories, but not all of them help you reach your audience on YouTube – which is where a lot of them are.
Listening to podcasts on YouTube is becoming more and more popular, and you must choose a hosting platform that allows you to republish to YouTube easily. It’s even better if they offer audio files transcription services.
Podcast Distribution – Where to Share
Once you’ve created your audio files on a podcasting platform, it’s time to share them on podcast directories so you can get more listeners.
Podcast directories like the ones listed below distribute your podcast to the listeners and help expand your reach to attract new audiences.
They also act as search engines to find the relevant podcasts by the title and description.
It’s a good idea to submit your podcast files to all the directories.
Many people subscribe to these websites, which means that you should be on them if you want listeners to subscribe to your podcast.
1. Apple Podcasts/iTunes: One of the biggest and most popular sites for distributing your podcast. You can sign up through Podcasts Connect to add your podcast.
2. Google Podcasts: When you register on Google Podcasts, your show is playable in the search results. This makes it a lot easier for your audience to find your podcasts.
3. Spotify: This is one of the top podcast directories right now. To get listed on Spotify, you must fill out a simple form on your podcast hosting website, and they will do the rest for you.
4. TuneIn: This is yet another popular podcast app and directory available on virtually all platforms and devices. To submit your podcast, all you have to do is fill out the contact form on their site.
5. Stitcher: This is one of the largest podcast directories with millions of registered users. It’s a great place to get your podcast listed to grow your listener base.
6. Blubrry: This is a well-known podcast hosting provider with a podcast directory where you can submit your show to reach broad new audiences.
7. Google Play Music: This podcast directory is the predecessor to Google Podcasts. However, it still has a massive subscriber base, and it’s an excellent place to submit your podcast.
8. Spreaker: This is a podcast directory that also offers a few other services, including podcast hosting, a podcast app, and desktop software. You can sign up for free to list your podcast.
9. Digital Podcast: To submit your podcast in this directory, all you need to do is create an account and then paste the URL of your feed. Choose a category, and you’re done.
10. iPodder: To submit your podcast, all you need to do is fill in a form with your email address, RSS feed URL, and category. Your podcast will be reviewed and then added to the site.
11. SoundCloud: SoundCloud is yet another popular podcast directory. You can upload your MP3 files to SoundCloud using a free account.
You can also share your podcast on YouTube, Facebook
YouTube: Uploading your podcast to YouTube can help you expand your reach. Some larger shows tend to record their audio and then show the video recording.
However, you can simply use a static image (or an Audiogram) showing your podcast cover art in your video podcasts.
Facebook: If your audience hangs out on Facebook, then it’s an excellent place for you to share your podcast player. You can share the entire show, or just sections of it, complete episodes, or even teasers.
Podcast Monetization – How to Make Money
If this is your first time creating a podcast, you may be wondering exactly how podcasts make money.
Below, we look at a few different ways to monetize your podcast.
Each of them has been time-tested and proven to bring in a steady stream of income effectively.
1. Start a Complimentary Blog
One of the best ways to monetize your podcast is to start a blog where visitors can come to find out more about your podcast, brand, products, and services.
Granted, you’ll need a podcast transcription service to help make it so that your videos are available in text, but you can create a lot of written content this way.
You can then use various website monetization strategies to turn that traffic into dollars.
2. Referral Sponsorships
Audible.com, Website Magazine, Airbnb, and other companies offer commissions for any new customers you refer to them.
You can find companies in your niche that you can work with.
The great thing about this strategy is that since your links are “live” and active for a long time, the potential for earning per month and even years into the future.
3. Sell Your Own Products or Services
A great way to monetize your podcast is to sell your products and services to your listeners.
This can be anything from coaching and consultation services to digital information products like e-books and courses and even physical products like branded merchandise.
4. Charge Guests
This is a controversial strategy for podcast monetization.
Some podcast hosts charge guests per episode, with some asking as little as $500 while others and up to $3500.
John Lee Thomas is an example of someone who can command that amount of money from his guests’ thanks to the loyal audience he has built over the years:
Podcast Hosting Platforms Q&A
Is a Podcast Hosting Service Necessary?
The short answer to “Do I Need a Podcast Host?” is YES!
Unless you know how to create your feed, which most of us don’t, you’ll need a podcast host to ensure that every episode makes it from your computer to people’s ears.
Wrapping Things Up
Need a podcast hosting service? The information in this article to help you choose the best podcast hosting platform for your business.
Some of the best free podcast hosting platforms on the list are Buzzsprout, Podbean, etc. But don’t be fooled; they are among the best podcast hosting companies in the market right now.
While there is a lot to understand and many different choices to choose from, this article should better inform you about the other podcast hosting companies available.