When looking for a therapist, one of the first things people do is go to Google. If they discover your practice on Yelp or Google My Business, they’ll likely want to learn more and find an easy way to schedule an appointment. By using one of these best website builders for therapists, you can set yourself apart from other therapists in your area, make scheduling appointments a breeze, highlight all of your specialties, and even create a blog with mental health resources.
A few weeks ago, a good friend said he would start going to therapy and asked if I knew of any good therapists in the area.
Unfortunately, I didn’t, so I told him to Google search for it. Within a few minutes, he landed on a therapist’s website and scheduled his first appointment.
As I watched how quickly and easily he did this, I couldn’t help but wonder how therapists can compete in today’s world without a professional website.
The simple fact is when people need to find something, they usually look online. The days of scouring through the Yellow Pages are long gone.
Considering that the need for behavioral therapy has grown an average of 2.3% per year between 2016-2021, you will need an online presence that’s easy to find.
If you’re a therapist and haven’t put together a website yet, don’t worry, it’s not hard as it might seem.
What Are the Best Website Builders for Therapists?
Best Overall Website Builder for Therapists ($14/month)
Wix is a popular website builder for therapists. It is the most accessible platform, making it perfect for beginners.
It’s also feature-rich, ideal for small businesses who want an affordable website builder.
With Wix, you can create stunning websites in minutes using the simple drag-and-drop page builder.
You can connect your business websites and domain to Wix.com and choose a theme for your website. After that, you must add your information to your therapist website, click publish, and officially have an online presence.
- Easy Integrations: As the best website builder, the platform syncs with Google my Business to make it easy for you to be found online.
- Built-in Scheduler: This feature makes booking appointments easy for potential clients on your website.
- Custom Forms: Add contact forms, quizzes, surveys, polls, etc., to collect valuable visitor information on your website.
Pros of Wix:
- Create and send invoices from one convenient place
- Email marketing tools to build your subscriber list for your professional site
- Connect to Google Search Console to automatically index your website
- Includes built-in tools for managing and developing your web presence
- Add apps from the app market and website features to grow your website as your business grows
- Easy website building
You can get started with Wix for free. There are hundreds of customizable website templates to choose from, and you can get rid of Wix branding on your website by upgrading to one of the paid plans, which start at $14/month, unlike other website builders.
Best for Those Looking to DIY Website Design ($2.61/month With Special 10% Off Offer)
Zyro is a no-code website builder that lets you quickly create a professional-looking therapist site, even if you have no experience in building websites previously.
The platform prides itself on the fact that 90% of its users publish their websites in under an hour, which is great for beginners
You can try it for free. No credit card is required. If you like it, you can upgrade to one of the affordable premium plans to start growing your business with an attractive, fast-loading website that ranks high on search engines and helps you convert more of your website traffic into actual customers.
- 24/7 Support: All premium Zyro plans come with live chat support from a dedicated and knowledgeable team available at any time.
- Functionality for eCommerce Website: You can set up an online store and start selling online in minutes, and there are no hidden fees. This can be very helpful if you have any additional therapist materials to offer your clients.
- SEO Features: The platform comes with integrated search features to rank your content faster and higher on Google.
Zyro offers a 30-day money-back guarantee with all plans.
- Website Plan: $2.90/month: Free domain for 1 year, free email for 3 months, 24/7 support, and marketing integrations.
- Business Plan: $4.90/month: Website plan features plus the ability to sell 100 products, and 20+ payment methods.
- Online Store: $8.90/month: Business plan features plus 70+ payment methods.
- Advanced Store: $15.90/month: Online stores features plus selling in multiple languages, abandoned cart recovery functionality, product filters, and integration to sell on Amazon and eBay.
Best Website Builder with Pre-Built Templates for Therapists ($12/month)
Squarespace is a platform that allows you to create a website for any type of business. It’s an all-in-one solution with all the website features you need to make your therapist business website stand out.
Thanks to its ease of use, you can launch a website in just minutes – and for free, using the simple drag-and-drop editor.
No credit card is required to get started. Instead, you can instantly bring your business to life using one of the many professional website design templates fully customizable to match your brand.
- Therapist Website Templates: Squarespace is one of the few website builders with therapist-focused and professionally designed templates for your therapy practice and business.
- Marketing Tools: The platform has all the tools you need to discover your target market online.
- Email Integration: With the Squarespace website, you get on-brand email campaigns to help you stand out in your subscribers’ inboxes and social feeds.
Pros of Squarespace:
- Easily customizable templates to suit all professional needs
- It comes with features for accepting payments globally
- Built-in marketing, email, and automation tools
- Free custom domain with the annual website plan
- Free online tools for creating your website logo
- Great podcasting features and ability to integrate with leading podcast platforms
You can get started with Squarespace for free – no credit card is required for the free plan.
You must sign up for a free plan trial, choose a template, and start building your therapist website.
To unlock more features than the free plan, you’ll have to get a paid plan. Paid plans start at $16/month.
Most Affordable Website Builder for Therapists (Starts for FREE)
Weebly is a fast-growing website builder preferred by many users who lack technical expertise in creating web pages.
The platform has many excellent features, including a drag-and-drop builder that allows you to easily add text, images, and other content to your pages.
It also comes with a mobile app for tracking your site’s performance in real-time.
Furthermore, Weebly offers email marketing tools so you can collect emails and send targeted messages to the people on your email list.
And the best part is that you can do all of this from one convenient dashboard.
- Free Plan: Weebly offers a plan that you can use for free forever. All you have to do is sign up, and you can build and publish your website in minutes. However, keep in mind that you’ll need the paid plan for advanced capabilities.
- Growth Tools: The platform comes with tools designed to help you grow your business anytime.
- Robust Customer Support: There is a team to help you whether you experience a considerable tech hurdle or need help with small tasks along the way.
Pros of Weebly:
- Extend the functionality of your site with Weebly’s assortment of apps from the app market
- The platform is built for simplicity and ease-of-use
- Includes a ton of easily customizable, mobile responsive themes
- Option to connect to a custom domain on paid plans
- Online payments and other eCommerce features included
Weebly has a plan that you can use for free, but it comes with branding from Square (Weebly’s parent company).
If you want to remove the branding, get more storage and bandwidth, and many other features, you need to upgrade to one of the paid plans, starting at just $6/month.
Best Website Builder for Practices With up to 5 Therapists ($8/month)
Strikingly is a surprisingly easy way to build your brand as a therapist. The platform requires no coding or design skills, and you can have your website up and running in just minutes.
Trusted by millions of creators and entrepreneurs, this platform is committed to making it as easy as possible for you to build a high-quality website, even with no technical expertise.
You also get powerful tools that will help you cultivate your audience and turn your site visitors into avid fans of your private practice.
These include sign-up forms, live chat, newsletters, membership registrations, etc.
- Drag-And-Drop Editor: Quickly and easily change text, images, and other elements on any page to create a unique website.
- ECommerce Built-In: Simply add a store and connect to your PayPal or Stripe to start getting paid online immediately.
- Robust Analytics: The website you create on Strikingly comes with analytics built-in and provides easy-to-read charts.
Pros of Strikingly:
- Includes signup and contact forms on any page
- With social media integration, you can show your own social media feed directly on your website
- All websites come with built-in HTTPS for enhanced security
- A blog is included so you can keep your audience updated
- Additional features include galleries, media sliders, video backgrounds, etc.
Best Advanced Features of any Website Builder ($4/month)
WordPress was released in 2003 and has since become the most popular CMS globally, hosting over a third of the websites on the internet.
With WordPress.com, you’ll be able to create a stunning, unique therapy website in just minutes.
While WordPress is the cheapest of the options listed here and has no limitations as to what it can grow into, you’ll need a theme to begin, and I recommend Thrive Themes.
If you’re interested in knowing more about this, I recommend reading my Thrive Themes review to understand better what the platform offers.
- Ease-of-Use: This platform makes it easy for total beginners to build and maintain therapist websites.
- Professionally Designed Themes: The WordPress website builder comes with tons of professionally created themes.
- Accept Payments: You can easily showcase your therapist services and accept one-time and even recurring payments on your site.
Pros of WordPress:
- Built-in SEO tools to help you find your clients online
- Google Analytics integrations for easy reporting
- Mobile apps so you can keep tabs on your site in real-time
- Stellar support from a knowledgeable customer service team
- Growth-focused plans for serious business owners
You can start building your WordPress website for free. To remove WordPress.com ads, you can sign up for the paid plans, which start at $4/month for the Personal plan and a few additional fees for the Premium and Business plan.
Best Therapy-Focused Website Builder for Marketing & Branding ($59/month)
Brighter Vision is a great option to consider if you are looking for a therapist-focused website builder.
The platform is a custom website and marketing solution designed specifically for therapists.
With it, you can build high-quality websites with industry templates.
You also get support along the way from Brighter Vision’s team if you need help creating a strong online presence.
The Social Genie feature makes branding and marketing easy thanks to an automatic posting on your blog and social media.
In addition to that, you have access to a library filled with thousands of therapist-focused posts that you can share on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook in minutes to help you build an audience for your counseling business.
- Therapist-Focused Website: The therapy website builder is designed specifically for therapist practices, which gives it an edge over generic website builders.
- HIPAA-Compliant: This platform has partnered with Hushmail to ensure that your electronic communications are HIPAA-compliant.
- Easy Online Payments: Your website comes with a built-in online payment portal for accepting global payments directly on your website.
Pros of Brighter Vision:
- The “Insights” feature helps you rank high on Google
- Easily monitor data and analytics on your dashboard
- Free tools, blog, and resources for therapists
- Wide range of templates specifically designed for counselors
- Ongoing professional SEO features from a dedicated support team for your therapist websites
Unlike the other website builders and options on this list, Brighter Vision is designed for therapists. Brighter Vision offers a ton of prewritten therapist content and a home page content generator.
Plans start from $59/month, and you get a professional design team to build your website for you.
A More Cost-Effective Alternative to Squarespace (Starts from FREE)
Site 123 has an impressive collection of templates, including the Regional Clinic template, which works particularly well for therapy practice.
With this template, most of the work is done for you, and you can use the easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor to swap out text, images, and other elements on the page to create a truly unique website that is more aligned with your brand.
There are tons of other templates from the template gallery for homepages and other pages you need for your counseling website, including the about page, contact forms and page, professional services, etc.
Each of them is mobile responsive, and you can fully customize them by changing the colors, fonts, etc., so that the pages match your style.
- Beautiful Templates: Although there aren’t as many templates specifically made for therapy sites, there are many options for local businesses and professionals for your custom domain.
- Fantastic Features: Site123 offers a website editor, mobile responsive design, free hosting, custom domains (you can also get a free domain), and SEO (search engine optimization) tools.
- Sell Online: With this platform, you can easily collect payments on a global scale directly from your therapy practice website.
Pros of Site123:
- Intuitive, easy-to-use website builder
- Enjoy a mobile responsive web design
- Get safe and secure web hosting for free
- Build a perfectly optimized website with built-in SEO tools
- Establish your brand with a free domain registration
You can build a website and publish it for free. However, if you want to remove the Site123 floating tag and get additional storage and bandwidth, you need to upgrade to the Premium plan, which costs $12.80/month.
A therapist-Focused Website Builder With Great Bonus Features ($59/month)
Therapy Sites is one of the all-in-one website-building platforms with everything you require to build a complete web presence.
This all-inclusive package is available for $59/month and has no contracts or hidden fees.
You also get six months of a free listing in the Psychology Today Therapy Directory when you sign up.
This website builder has the edge over conventional alternatives because it also comes with a team that offers marketing expertise solely focused on therapy practices.
If you want a more comprehensive solution to building and managing your practice website, this could be your ideal option.
- Professional Website: Therapy Sites provides you with your own professional and effective therapy website with zero setup fees.
- Quick Google Search Results Indexing: As soon as your website goes live, it will be indexed and show up on Google within minutes.
- Payments Processing: You can process credit cards like PayPal and start collecting payments at no additional cost.
Pros of TherapySites:
- HIPAA-Compliant technology
- Tons of mental health resources and prewritten therapist websites and content
- Ready-to-use client forms and client management tools
- Online appointment requests from one convenient dashboard
- SEO (search engine optimization), email marketing, and automation and blogging tools included
Therapy Sites doesn’t offer a free plan, but you can sign up for a free trial before committing to the monthly subscription of $59/month.
No credit card is required for the free plan/trial, simply enter your first and last name and your email, and you will be able to start building your website immediately.
What Features to Look For in a Website Builder for Therapists
1. The Best Website Builder is Easy to Use
The most important feature of your chosen website builder is the ease of use. The last thing you want is to spend hours figuring out how to create the pages on your site.
So, make sure you choose a website building platform with drag-and-drop functionality, which will allow you to quickly move elements such as text, images, etc., on the page with the click of a mouse.
2. Customizable Templates
Templates offer a design and structure to provide an easy foundation for building your website, so you don’t have to do it from scratch, while also giving you creative freedom for your websites.
Most website builders make it easy to change the templates to represent your brand better, even Mac friendly ones. Look for lots of customizable, mobile-friendly templates, as well as a drag-and-drop builder
3. Appointment Setting
The website builder for therapists you choose should have customization options that will allow you to transform templates designed specifically for each unique page.
Ideally, you want a website builder with appointment settings for your private practice and professional services since this is one of the essential features of a therapist’s business.
4. SEO Features
As a therapist, you need features and SEO tools to help your therapist websites and get found by your target market.
Consider a website builder for therapists with search engine optimization features to get a head start on optimizing your website pages to gain visibility in the search engines like Bing and Google search engines.
Affordability is one of the most important factors to consider when building a website and selecting the best website builder compared to so many website builders in the market today.
The good news is technology has advanced to a point where you never have to spend a ton of money to create high-quality, professional-looking websites.
Choose a website builder with a good business plan for beginners and options for growth as your therapist business grows.
6. Customer Support for your Private Practice Website
Having excellent and responsive customer support is crucial if you are new to building websites.
Whether you face issues during your website creation or later on, you need to get help quickly and effectively.
So, choose a reliable, well-established website builder with 24/7 support (with unlimited tech support) for your peace of mind.
7. Ability to Use Your Domain Name
Many free website builders put their company’s name in the free domain name. However, if you have your own website, you want to make sure you also use your custom domain name.
This makes the website appear more professional and gives you greater ownership over the site.
Whether you’re creating a website for your private practice or an as part of a more extensive network of therapists, you need to make sure your name stands out in the domain, not the name of the website building company.
8. Tutorials and How-To Guides
To ensure that you’re using all of the blogging features offered by the best website builder effectively, you may want to look for a website builder with tutorials and how-to guides.
These are especially helpful for beginners who have never built a website before.
How Can a Website Builder Help a Therapist?
The best website builders make it extremely easy for therapists to create beautiful, functional websites without spending money.
The software is designed to be easy to use, which takes away the considerable learning curve that comes with learning how to code websites yourself.
In short, all the builders listed here are the quickest path and lower learning curve to creating an excellent counseling website that will help you stand out and attract lots of new clients.
Some, such as Wix, have therapy-specific templates and others offer tons of additional functionality through integrations with third-party apps from the app market.
Website Builders for Therapists FAQ
A website is essential for a therapist because it’s a way for potential clients to find you when they search for you or your business online.
Prospective clients typically search for information about therapists before signing up for the first appointment. A website is a great way to establish your online presence and keep clients informed and updated about your services.
A website is an excellent place for a therapist (private, professional, and family therapist) to sell courses, books, and other types of digital information products.
The significant part about selling digital products directly from your website is not relying on other retailers. In addition, you get to keep 100% of your profits (after processing fees).
The must-have pages for every good therapist website include the homepage, “About” page, and blog. In addition, it would help to have a page for your counseling services and each service in your therapy practice.
Hiring someone to build your therapist site or private practice website is an option.
However, it’s important to note that this can be expensive, and thanks to website builders like the ones outlined above, it will still be much cheaper to invest a little time and create your high-quality therapist website.
Website Builders for Therapists — Summary and Top Picks
A website is a must for therapists. Not only is it a great marketing tool, but it also allows current and future clients to learn more about you and your practice quickly, understands what you have to offer and why you’re different from other therapists, and easily schedule an appointment with just a few clicks of a button.
When selecting a website builder as a therapist, there are a few things to consider. First, simplicity is a must.
Look for a site with a drag-and-drop feature that requires little to no coding to get your site up quickly and with no hassle.
Also, make sure that you can easily create sign-up forms, host a blog that you can use to discuss your practice and expand your reach, and integrate marketing channels like email to send appointment reminders.
Here Are My Top Picks of the Best Website Builders for Therapists: