Over the years there have been new streaming services that have come about, but nothing quite beats YouTube, right?
If you are anything like me, then you love the convenience of being able to listen to any song you like at any time, and from any device.
MP3 files are undeniably the most popular file type worldwide because they have small file sizes and are great for sharing across devices.
So what is the best YouTube to Mp3 converter to use? We have to be aware that YouTube has Terms of Service that explicitly mention the rules regarding downloading protected or copyrighted content and the consequences of this.
With that said, let’s have a look below at some of the top-rated YouTube to MP3 converters to consider.
What is the Best YouTube to MP3 Converters?
Best for M4A Formats (Free)
This downloader is easy-to-use and allows you to seamlessly download entire playlists, YouTube videos, and channels in an MP3 format. Converting videos from a range of sites or private YouTube content and keeping the original quality has never been faster or easier
4K Video Downloader is fuss-free, highly customizable, and handles all your video downloads efficiently without needing any additional bundled software or any interruptive ads popping up.
- Subtitles: Now you can download subtitles and annotations with your videos. You have a choice of 50 subtitle languages for YouTube videos and playlists.
- 360° Video Download: Download your 360° videos and enjoy them whenever you want. Reproduce the sensational experience of VR anytime.
- File Formats: Once you have downloaded your YouTube videos or playlists, you have the option to save them in MP3, MP4, M4A, FLV, MKV, or 3G format.
- Platforms: Free to download from a variety of other platforms such as Facebook, Vimeo, and TikTok.
- Smart Mode: Activate Smart Mode so that automatic settings are in place to increase the download and conversion speed according to your internet quality.
There are three packages to choose from, starting free, up to $45 once-off, all with amazing features but if you’re not satisfied, they offer a money-back guarantee after 14 days of purchase.
The plans are as follows:
1. Starter – free
- Up to 30 single video downloads per day
- 10 videos per playlist
2. Personal – $15
- Three simultaneous video downloads
3. Pro – $45
- Permitted for commercial use
- YouTube Premium HQ Audio
Best for HD and HQ Videos (Free).
Over 10 million worldwide users trust YTD Video Downloader for their premium service. It is pretty straightforward to use and has a minimalistic user interface. Pause and resume your downloads as you feel, in fact, the tool automatically resumes downloads when your internet connection is interrupted.
- Updates: The extensive functions and features are often updated to keep up-to-date with technological advancements.
- Built-in Tools: No more waiting to watch your downloaded videos, watch them right away with the built-in video player.
- Advanced Panel: Keep track of your download activity while simultaneously downloading and converting your videos.
- Ultra-Fast Speed: Get the fastest download speed with YTD. Conversion speeds are ultra-fast too.
- Download Variety: Now you can download 2K, 4K, and 8K videos, as well as HD 1080P videos, and watch them on your mobile device or computer.
Try YTD for free for 30 days. You can cancel your subscription anytime but with amazing features like downloading multiple files at once, you may decide to stick with them.
1. 1-month plan – $9.99 monthly
- Billed monthly
2. 2-year plan – $2.99 monthly (or $71.76 billed every 2 years)
- Save 70% when billed every 2 years
3. 2-year bundle plan – $5.99 per month
- Includes VuzeVPN
Best for Conversion Speed (Free).
This tool provides services beyond just a YouTube to MP3 converter. If you use it on Windows, it allows you to create and edit DVD files with ease. Some of the other optimized video tools include a file compressor, screen capture, file converter, and GIF maker.
- Conversion Speed: You get a considerably faster speed, in fact, it’s about 90x faster compared to its competitors.
- Multiple Videos: Media files can be downloaded in batches, concurrently, so you can enjoy your videos in no time.
- Video Merger: Never worry about losing quality when you merge multiple videos and video clips.
- Scheduler: This handy tool allows you to schedule your conversions and system activities. Talk about convenience.
- User Interface: If you are not tech-savvy, not to worry, their user interface is simple and easy to use.
WonderShare UniConverter offers a free trial version with limited features but a guaranteed 30-day refund if you are not satisfied with their tools. They also offer three pricing plans, as described below.
1. Quarterly Plan – $29.99 per quarter
- A month’s access to add-on features
2. Annual Plan – $39.99 per year
- Free technical support
3. Perpetual Plan – $55.99 once-off
- No watermark
Best for Concurrent Conversions. (Free)
Tired of waiting for what seems like forever for your videos to convert and download? Converto is the solution with their lightning conversion speed, with no ads to disrupt you. They go the extra mile by automatically adding a cover to all your MP3 files. Another great tool is the ability to edit videos and cut out any parts you do not want.
- No Additional Software: There’s no need to install any special software to use it, it works online.
- File Names: Simply clicking through the “Settings” you can trim the video as you please, as well as change the file name and ID3 tags before you download the file.
- Album Art: Album art is automatically added to your collections when you download them, making it look pretty cool.
- Video Quality: Video quality is very important when you are downloading and converting files, Converto allows you to change the video quality to suit your preference.
- Multi-Language: This tool supports their international clients and offers multi-language compatibility.
With every package, you get features like ad-free pages and unlimited conversion minutes each day.
1. Light – $9.99 per month
- 500MB maximum file size
- 25 Concurrent conversions
- 500MB maximum file size
- 25 Concurrent conversion
- Unlimited file size
- Unlimited concurrent conversions
Best for High Resolution. ($7.99/Month)
If you have a macOS or a Windows PC then this is the best video downloader for you. It supports a wide range of websites in comparison to its competitors. It takes just a few clicks to download entire playlists and channels from YouTube and if you are unsure about something, their customer support is available round-the-clock. New features are added regularly to keep up with trends.
- 8K Resolution: Various resolutions are supported, from 4K, 8K, HD1080P, and QHD to give you the best quality downloads.
- Supported Websites: SnapDowloader supports over 900 websites including popular platforms like Facebook, Vimeo, Reddit, and Twitter.
- VR Videos: Relive the VR experience at any time after having downloaded your 360° videos off YouTube.
- Scheduled Downloads: If you have limited internet bandwidth then SnapDownloader’s scheduler is perfect for you. Give it a specific date and time to start or resume your downloads.
- Proxy Setup: Bypass geo-restrictions with the in-app proxy and download videos from websites that are blocked in your area.
Take advantage of their 48-day free trial once you have downloaded SnapDownloader. You also have free lifetime upgrades with all plans. Need help? Their customer care is available 24/7.
1. Monthly – $7.99 per month
- 24-hour money-back guarantee
2. Month – $16.99 per 3 months
- Free lifetime upgrades
3. Annual – $29.99 per year
- In-built video cutter
Best for macOS Users. (Free)
ClipGrab is a tool that is optimized for Windows 10, 8, and 7. It also brings the best experience for macOS. A highlighted feature of ClipGrab is that they have an Integrated Search feature that allows users to find their favorite videos without having to switch browsers, saving you time. Clipboard Monitoring is another convenient tool that downloads videos that are saved to your clipboard.
- Transferring Videos: Easily transfer your downloaded videos from your PC to your mobile device.
- Compatibility: This tool is compatible with all Macs that have a macOS 10.12 processor, as well as Macs with M1 processors.
- Open Source: ClipGrab is an open-source project, GPLv3 to be more specific.
- Help and Support: Should you happen to encounter an issue, there are several ways to get help and support including sending an email, visiting their forum, or going through their ‘how-to’ videos.
- File Formats: You can convert downloaded videos to formats like WMV, MPEG4, and OGG.
ClipGrab is a free tool for anyone to download and use, however, they do have an opportunity for people to donate, this is how they keep above the water. Common donation denominations are 10, 20, and 50 pounds, or you can choose your amount to donate.
Best for Quality Downloads. ($15.00)
This is undoubtedly the best YouTube to MP3 converter with over 5 million users worldwide who subscribe to them. It allows you to extract audio from major platforms like SoundCloud, OGG, and Vimeo. And it appeals to international users with over 15 languages being endorsed.
- Private Content: Get private content with access to the original quality file.
- Supported Sites: You are spoilt for choice with the option to download from Instagram, Bilibili, Twitch, DailyMotion, and Flickr.
- Speed Control: You own the right to increase the download performance using their amazing in-app intensity regulator, and adjust the speed according to your internet connection.
- Audiobooks: Feel free to download audiobooks and podcasts and play them on your iPod, Android device, Samsung phone, or even through your car stereo.
- Smart File Organization: This simply means that your saved playlists are automatically filtered into subcategories with audio tags for your listening convenience.
You can start with a free trial version to get a feel of the converter, although it has limited features. The Personal plan is suited for both beginners and professionals, while the Pro plan is perfect for commercial use.
1. Starter – Free
- Maximum 15 downloads per day
2. Personal – $15
- Up to 3 simultaneous downloads
3. Pro – $45
- YouTube Premium HQ Audio
Best for Downloading Large Videos in 4K (Free)
Over 180 million users worldwide have trusted Freemake since 2010. Their specialty is downloading large videos in HD, 4K, and HD resolution. And one of their main focuses is on the quality of stored videos. Imagine having a 2-hour full film completely downloaded in just 4 minutes, sounds too good to be true, right?
- Batch Editing: This powerful feature allows you to convert up to 500 clips simultaneously.
- Unblocking Ability: Now you have the power to unblock and transcode content that has been restricted by streaming services. You can also put parental control on adult content.
- Supported formats and Sites: WIth over 500 formats, and over 10,000 sites to choose from, you are spoilt for choice.
- Holistic Editing: Edit, crop, rotate, change, or merge your clips with their program and extract specific sections of videos.
- Other Formats: Along with MP3 formats, you can save your videos in 3GP, MKV, WMV, and AVI formats.
As the name suggests, it is free to use. There is no need to register or sign up, there are no time limitations to using the tool, and no hidden costs for downloading content. All this sounds amazing, right?
Best for Speed and Compatibility. ($49.95)
This would be a great choice for a YouTube to MP3 converter because it converts at 30x faster speeds across all major file formats. They have eighteen years of experience in the industry, that’s enough for me to put my trust in them! It also allows you to record anything that is playing on your screen, unlike many of the traditional converters. The screen recording tool includes a recording of media player’s windows, desktop activities, rectangular or freehand regions, and much more.
- Fully Compatible: AVC is fully compatible with more than 200 video formats such as DVD ISO, H265, 4K UHD, DVD Disc, H264, and much more.
- Support: If you have advanced tools such as AMD AMF, NVIDIA NVENC, AND Intel QSV hardware acceleration then AVC supports these as well as optimizing output profiles for other mainstream devices.
- Recording Performance: By utilizing a hardware-accelerated H.264 encoder and HEVC encoder, AVC can optimize your recording performance at fast speeds with high-quality outputs.
- Video Customization: Now you have the power to merge multiple files, trim videos to create several clips, cut off the borders that you no longer want, customize brightness and saturation, add subtitles, and personalize your resolution.
- Batch Converts: When you download your videos from over 100 sites, you can convert them into over 200 formats, to accommodate your device compatibility.
When you purchase AVC tools, you get free technical support, free upgrades anytime, free email support, and a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied. Their tools are 100% secure and are clean and easy to use.
1. Any Video Converter Freeware – free
- Free video editor, free DVD burner, and free video converter
- Get 100% lossless quality, over 160 outputs, and over 100 inputs
2. Any Video Converter Ultimate – $49.95
- Convert your videos to over 200 formats
- Cut, crop, and add special effects to your video clips
Best for Beginners. (Free)
You probably won’t find another tool with an easy-to-use user-friendly interface like that of Y2Mate’s. Its ability to protect users from virus attacks and harmful malware places it above its competitors. With no pop-ups, you are guaranteed to work safely and smoothly, in any of its several supported languages.
- Cloud Platforms: Now you can safely save your downloads to your dropbox and Google Drive, and enjoy them without restrictions.
- Supported Qualities: Y2Mate supports multiple qualities like 160kbps, 128kbps, and 64kpbs.
- Speed: Convert and download heaps of files at the same time with Y2Mate’s fast speeds and never have to wait hours for your downloads again.
- Browser Compatibility: Y2Mate supports different browsers such as Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, and Chrome, so you will always have free reign to use it.
- Mobile-Friendly: The developers understand that most of their users will be using their mobiles so they have made it mobile-friendly, for use on the go.
Y2Mate is a free tool and offers amazing features with no sign-up or registration. You are free to download and convert as many videos to fill your heart’s content. It allows downloads from sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Dailymotion, and YouTube.
Best for Music Lovers. (Free)
This is another very popular tool because it has a built-in search feature that allows you to enter your keywords to search for YouTube videos directly from the YTMP3 website. It doesn’t only support YouTube videos but also Reddit, MySPace, Instagram, Facebook, Vimeo, Apple, Twitter, SoundCloud, LinkedIn, DailyMotion, and Vevo, along with hundreds of other major sites. A cool feature they have is that you can download live festivals, session recordings, and festivals.
TV channels that are supported include AdobeTV, Asiancrush, Disney, RedbullTV, and FranceTV so you have a variety of sites to download your favorite videos. If you want academic audio, YTMP3 is compatible with OpenClassroom and hGTV, among other video lecture websites.
- File-Sharing: You have the privilege of sharing your files with your friends and family because YTMP3 supports multiple file-formats from MP3, MP4, WEBM, and 3GP.
- Platform Diversity: YTMP3 downloads and converts from social media platforms such as Facebook, Vimeo, DailyMotion, and SoundCloud among various supported platforms.
- Chrome Extension: For ease of use and convenience, YTMp3 has a Chrome extension and you can download your videos with one simple click.
- No Interruptions: Now you can download and convert your files without the interruptions of pop-ups, redirects, or notifications.
- Metadata: Album art is automatically added to your album downloads, along with the artist’s name and title metadata.
YTMP3 is completely free to use. Who doesn’t love free tools? You are free to use its lightning-speed downloading and converting capabilities without having to register or open an account. All it takes is 3 simple steps and you have your YouTube to MP3 file downloaded and converted.
Best for Exporting Files. (Free)
Would you like a tool that has both screen recording and video downloading capabilities? ATube Catcher is a good option for you. As if that isn’t good enough, it saves you bandwidth and important computing resources.
You can download and convert videos from TikTok, YouTube, and Facebook, alongside other platforms. This tool is often updated to ensure you get nothing less than smooth video transcoding.
- Exports: Your multimedia files can be exported to your mobile, PC, Android device, IPad, PSP, as well as to GPS devices, iPods, and VCDs.
- Screen Recorder: With a built-in screen recorder you can record webinars, movies, videos, and Live Messenger.
- Batch Downloads: You can download entire playlists with ease as well as download your videos in batches.
- File Formats: A shortened list of supported file formats are: MP2, MP4, MP3, 3GP, AVI, WMA, PSP, XVID, FLAC, and GIF.
- User Interface: aTube Catcher has a sleek interface that is available in different languages.
For over 14 years, aTube Catcher has been serving the community for free. They are available on Microsoft and are handy for beginners and professionals alike. But aTube Catcher would not manage without donations from users so they have a donation option for patrons.
13. DVD VIDEOSOFT
Best for First-Class Experiences. (Free)
Trusted for over 10 years by millions of users worldwide, this tool has been downloaded over 1.4 billion times. It has regular updates so that you have a first-class user experience.
- Formats: There are tons of options and formats available to users.
- MP4 Converter: A free YouTube to MP4 converter has been added to their list of features, along with a subtitle downloader.
- Secure: DVDVideoSoft has been tried and tested and passed all security and reliability checks.
- Copyright: They prohibit the downloading of copyrighted and protected content.
- Compatibility: As with other tools, it is compatible with Mac, PC, and Android devices.
Another free YouTube to MP3 converter which is free to use. Their bundle of tools is versatile and beneficial for all users.
Best for High-Definition Videos. (Free)
When you have a small team of professionals who are driven and fixated on software development, then be sure you will get a good product. They have created the easiest way for you to download, convert, and save your favorite YouTube content.
This Free Video Downloader is super fast and works hand-in-hand with third-party programs to give you the best possible user experience.
- Proficiency: This tool is appropriate for professionals and beginners alike.
- Multi-Platform: Now compatible with videos from DailyMotion, Vimeo, and Facebook.
- Regular Updates: Appropriate updates mean that you’re always up-to-date and receiving the best tools.
- Additional Software: No need to install or download any additional software. Simply copy the video URL and paste it into the search bar and that’s about it.
- HD Videos: Get your videos in high definition with 60 frames per second being converted and saved.
For a free tool, you sure get a great deal of valuable stuff. You get tutorials, Attentive customer care, and the ability to download multiple files at once. Why would you choose to pay for these when you get them free here?
Best for Language Diversity Support. (Free)
This is a powerful YouTube to MP3 converter. You are not limited to the number of videos you can download. Downloaded videos can be saved to your mobile phone for offline viewing later on. With just a few clicks, your content is downloaded at super-fast speeds, in the format of your choice.
- Language Support: Whether you speak English, Hindi, French, or Japanese, 9Convert has you covered.
- iCloud Compatibility: Unlike other tools, 9Convert supports video downloads directly to any iCloud account.
- User Interface: Its UI is simple and sleek and easy to use by beginners.
- File Formats: MP4, MP3, and 3GP are just some of the formats that 9Convert supports.
- Ultra Speed: No need to wait long for your videos to download and convert, 9Convert works up to 320kbps for your convenience.
9Convert is free to use and offers other tools such as YouTube to MP4 free too. They have online customer support available as well as via email.
What is a YouTube to MP3 Converter?
The MP3 format was developed in 1991 and has been widely used since then, mainly because it’s supported by modern software and hardware players.
This widely supported audio format is the topmost audio file type because of its MPEG-1 Layer III compression capabilities and compatibility with any MP3 player.
A YouTube to MP3 converter gives you the power to convert and compress a YouTube video into an audio file with no hassle, all while keeping the same quality.
Types of YouTube to MP3 Converters
There are quite a number of converter tools available on the market that have different features like supported platforms and supported formats. Some tools are paid for while others are free to use.
Offline viewing of videos is probably the most common reason why people use YouTube downloaders while using a converter takes up less space on their device.
What Features to Look For in YouTube to MP3 Converters
It’s not easy to select the best converter tool especially because there are so many out there. What makes one better than the other?
Most YouTube to MP3 converters have similar features such as being able to download media from an array of websites, should have no adverts or pop-ups, should be compatible with any browser, and allows you to catalog your playlists.
Now that we know not all converters are made equal, here are some additional features to look out for when you select the converter that best meets your needs:
1. Quality is likely the most important principle when dealing with audio-related software. Software that compresses your file without losing or altering quality is perfect.
2. Fast and Reliable: While quality is essential, you’ll need a converter that downloads at lightning speed so you don’t have to sit around all day waiting for your content to convert. Reliability works hand-in-hand with speed because nothing is more annoying than losing your files.
3. In-Built Trimmer and Editor: How nifty is it that convertors give you the control over which parts you want and trim off the parts you don’t want. You even get to merge multiple clips to form a long video or track.
4. File formats: Suppose you would like to watch a YouTube video as a video and not listen to it as audio? Some converters incorporate this feature as well as allow M4A, WAV, and AAC formats.
5. Batch Downloading: Some converters allow you to grab more than one video at a time. Such a time saver!
YouTube to MP3 Converters Summary & Top Picks
YouTube to MP3 converters are a handy tool to have as they allow you to convert your videos or tracks into audio and store them for later.
Converter tools came into play back in the early 90s and the market is now overflowing with options to choose from. Most tools are pretty easy to use and don’t require you to install additional software to use them.
Many of these amazing tools have a lot of the same features but here are my top picks that stand above the crowd:
- 4K Video Downloader: Best for M4A Formats (Free).
- YTD Video Downloader: Best for HD and HQ Videos (Free).
- Wondershare Uniconverter: Best for Conversion Speed (Free).
If you want to listen to your downloaded videos on your laptop, PC, or phone, you will need a reliable YouTube to MP3 converter. Hopefully, the list above has helped you choose one that best suits your needs and does not violate YouTube’s Terms of Service.