Without this document on your site, you run the risk of breaching the law, in which case you may incur fines or even be taken to court.
The platform gives you peace of mind by regularly monitoring regulations across the world in order to prepare legal compliance guidelines for your business. From CCPA and GDPR to CalOPPA and many others, you’ll get regular updates, and revisions are automatically applied to all policies created using TermsFeed.
You’ll get notifications whenever a major update is required for any of your policies, which is one less thing for you to worry about.
You can host all your privacy policies with TermsFeed for free, which makes it easy to integrate them anywhere, including WordPress, Squarespace, Wix, and various other places.
- Diverse Range of Templates: On the site, you’ll find privacy policies for all types of businesses, including privacy policies for eCommerce stores, third-party apps, etc.
Best for Generating Privacy Policies Simply and Quickly (Starts from FREE)
All policies are written for humans and reviewed by lawyers which means they are easy to read and understand while ensuring that they meet all common privacy laws in the EU, US, UK, Australia, and various other countries around the world.
- One-Time Payment: No account is required, you simply pay once and you own the document forever.
Website Policies provides you with attorney-drafted legal policies to take all the guesswork out of getting your legal documents right. At the click of a button, you’ll be able to create essential legal policies, all of which can be personalized to fit your online business without the need for expensive attorneys.
So far, over 100,000 customers have used this site to create hundreds of thousands of policies. Over 100 countries are supported, which means you never have to worry about legal stuff again regardless of where you are in the world.
There’s no need to use generic templates, simply answer a few questions about the nature of your website, business, or mobile app, as well as the way you manage and operate them, and your legal policy will be generated around that information to provide you with the best and most relevant results.
- Assorted Legal Templates: On this website, you get a wide range of attorney-drafted legal policies to choose from.
- Automatic Updates: Staying up-to-date with the latest legal requirements can be a daunting task when you consider how many different and ever-changing laws there are, but the platform makes that easy with automatic updates of all your documents.
- Global Coverage: WebsitePolicies makes an effort to cover laws and regulations from every country so you are covered wherever you operate from.
On WebsitePolicies, you only pay a one-time fee for what you need. There is a free Basic policy and premium bundles that start at $59.95.
You’ll be able to comply with all major privacy laws, including CCPA, CalOPPA, GDPR, PIPEDA, and more.
Considered by many to be the best private policy generator, Termly will help you keep up with the ever-changing privacy laws from different countries around the world. You’ll be able to not only protect your business, but also your customers’ data as well.
If you collect any information on your website, the site can help you stay compliant and reduce the risk of losses associated with the collection, storage, and use of customer information.
Whether you collect simple information, such as phone numbers, names, emails, or more complex data such as IP addresses, cookies, browsing history, etc., this trusted industry leader will guide you in staying on the right side of the ever-changing laws regarding customer information.
The intuitive, easy-to-use generator will guide you through the entire process by asking simple questions about your business. It then helps you meet your compliance obligations based on your location and the services provided by your business.
- Wide Range of Templates: You can generate all types of privacy policies, including one for your website, blog, mobile app, eCommerce store, SaaS apps, third-party tools, Facebook Pages and Ads, or online business.
- Customization Tools: The platform has easy-to-use customization tools that allow you to create a policy page that is aligned with your brand.
You can use Termly for free as a default template. If you want one that automatically updates as time goes on to make sure you remain in compliance, it’s $10/month.
Or read my in-depth Termly Review here
The platform has been updated to include all requirements from the GDPR, giving you the peace of mind of knowing that your company and its customers are protected.
You’ll also receive suggestions for customizing different sections, depending on how your storefront is configured.
This platform offers a wide range of legal forms, documents, and contracts for free. Simply use the search feature to find the right type of document you need for your business and you’ll be able to edit and download it in minutes.
The document creator asks you a few questions and turns your answers into a customized legal document perfectly suited to your needs. All legal templates on the site are crafted and regularly updated by experienced attorneys, which saves you a lot of money and time.
With regard to privacy policies, you’ll be prompted to enter your company information, including name, email, phone number, etc. You’ll also be asked to enter additional details, such as where the website is hosted and basic information for users.
- Free Trial Available: The platform offers a free 7-day trial, after which you can upgrade to the premium plan.
- Unlimited Access: Once you sign up, you get unlimited access to all legal forms required for your business.
- Unlimited Downloads: You can download your files as many times as you want in either MS Word or PDF format.
LegalTemplates offers a free trial plan for 7 days, after which you can pay for single documents for $19.95/document or opt for the annual plan which costs $7.99/month billed annually to get access to all the legal forms you need for your business.
Best for Creating Privacy Policies in Multiple Languages ($29/year)
Privacy guidelines are constantly changing and can be extremely complicated with specific requirements. Also, if your legal documents are not written properly, they may be invalid.
Even displaying outdated documents on your website might put you in violation which could ultimately cost you hefty fines and sanctions. That’s why you need a platform like Iubenda to help you be compliant at all times.
This platform helps you with all your legal requirements so you can focus on more important things in your business. It offers a 360-degree solution for everyone, including single website owners, eCommerce store owners, agencies, enterprise companies, and various other types of businesses.
You’ll get attorney-level solutions to maintain compliance in your websites and apps across multiple legislations both nationally and internationally.
The platform is used by over 90,000 clients in 100 countries across the world, including sites like HuffPost, Martini, Honda, Siemens, and The Spectator.
All solutions are built with the strictest guidelines in mind, including the GDPR, CCPA, and Australia’s AAPs. All policies are crafted and monitored by the platform’s international legal team, and are available in eight languages. They are easy to use, fully customizable, and self-updating.
- Automatic Updates: Privacy policies from Iubenda automatically update whenever the law changes so you stay compliant at all times.
Once you’re done, download the document to your PC to upload to your site, and that’s it! You are now in full compliance with the law.
This is an awesome legal document library with every template you can imagine. Here, you’ll find everything from personal legal forms to small business legal forms and everything in between.
The cloud-based service offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, which means you can get your money back if you’re not happy with the platform’s simple and quick way of customizing and downloading legal, business, or personal forms.
- No Sign-Up Required: You can get started on the site without having to sign up or submit your email.
The platform offers a 7-day trial for $1.95 and you can pay $39.95/month or $89/year to download all the documents you need for your business.
Best for Managing Multiple Privacy Policies (Starts from FREE)
Not only will you get a policy created in minutes, but you’ll be able to stay compliant and keep your business safe with an expertly crafted legal document that contains no jargon and no nonsense.
In addition to creating privacy policies, the site also lets you generate various other legal documents, including terms and conditions, disclaimers, EULA, cookie policies, return policies, and much more.
The platform’s privacy policies have global coverage which means you are safe regardless of where you operate from or where your visitors come from. All legal documents are drawn up with a focus on each country’s stringent privacy laws so you can customize your document and adapt it to your needs with just a few clicks.
- Wide Range of Templates: The platform offers privacy policies for websites, eCommerce stores, mobile apps, SaaS, and much more.
If you need to add extra clauses, you can do so by upgrading to the premium plan which costs a $14 one-time fee for each document.
- 3D Cart: Best for online retailers starting a new business.
Also called a privacy notice, this document is required by law in certain countries, and it should explicitly describe what happens to the data collected, including whether the website owner keeps user data confidential, or if the data is sold to or shared with third parties.
Simply input some of your information, including the following:
- Collected information
- Method of collection
- Use of information
- Marketing opt-out
- Retention of information
- Security of information
- Age restriction / Policy for children
- User rights
- Changes in policy
- Contact information
In just minutes, the policy generator will create a policy for your website or app.
Privacy policies need to include a plethora of elements in order to be fully compliant with local and international laws. While these elements are relatively easy to understand, the problem is that they are often changing and need to be updated whenever things are adjusted.
1. What Information Do You Collect?
2. How Do You Obtain This Information?
Of the above information that you do collect, in what ways do you get it from the users? Is it automatically tracked? Does it only happen when they submit payment information? etc.
3. Why Are You Collecting This Information?
You have to clearly explain why you are collecting the information and the business case for why it makes sense.
4. How Do You Protect And Store This Information?
This one is where most people get tripped up. Even if you aren’t collecting the information yourself, if you use tools like Google Analytics or a third-party email platform, how are they protecting and storing the information?
5. Who Has Access to Visitor Information?
This is where you spell out what other services you use, how they can access/collect your information, and how you’ve integrated with them. This includes things like email marketing platforms, online course platforms, webinar software, analytics, and other third-party tools used on your site.
To help you find the best tool for your needs, below we look at some of the factors to consider before making your choice.
- Legal Compliance: Choose a platform that focuses on keeping you compliant with all the important regulations, including GDPR, COPPA, CalOPPA, and CCPA. It must meet international legislation requirements so you’re covered no matter where your visitors come from.
- Additional Services: If you require additional services, such as cookie scanners or templates for terms of service, terms and conditions, etc., then choose a platform that has these services included so you don’t have to pay for a different tool.