According to a recent report, 34% of organizations outsource their compliance functionality. This is likely because most website or app owners don’t feel that they are up to the challenge of crafting legal documents on their own.
But for those without the budget to hire expensive lawyers, it seems their only choice is to risk compliance violations rather than attempt to navigate complex data privacy and security regulations. The good news is that there are online tools that make it possible to create compliance documents and other legal policies quickly.
One such tool is Termlym which is a compliance software solution designed to help businesses create and update privacy compliance simply and effectively. Read the rest of this Termly review to find out more about its functionality, pros and cons, pricing, product support, and more.
Even experienced business owners can get caught by surprise due to the large number of industry compliance regulations set forth by governments and industry organizations. However, you won’t have to worry about any of that if you choose Termly as your compliance and legal policy tool. One great feature that defines this tool is the ability to effectively manage your website’s cookies in any way you want. Additionally, Termly’s customer support team is always there to help out if you encounter any issues.
Cookie Consent Manager
Free Plan Provides No Automatic Updates
Yes - Up to 29% Off
Starts at $14/Website/Month
Is Termly Worth it?
Termly is an all-in-one compliance solution for small businesses. It’s perfect for anyone who needs a compliance solution but doesn’t want to spend thousands of dollars on legal fees.
You’ll be able to stay up to date and compliant with all current privacy laws, including GDPR, CCPA, PIPEDA, and ePR (ePrivacy Regulation) – all for free.
The platform is designed to comply with GDPR, CCPA, PIPEDA, ePR, and various other privacy laws – and all for free.
The cloud-based software works with all websites and mobile apps and allows you to use a single policy that you can link to every one of your platforms.
It’s a simple, straightforward, and effective policy and consent solution that can be tailored to your particular niche.
To get started building compliance, simply click the button on the website to try the platform for free.
You’ll be able to choose from a list of options that include the following solutions:
- Cookie Consent Manager
- Terms and Conditions Generator
- Return Policy Generator
- Disclaimer Generator
- Shipping Policy Generator
As you can see, the platform is trusted by over 300k businesses with tens of millions of consents collected each month. The fact that it’s FREE means that there’s no risk on your part to sign up for this tool, but you’ll stand to benefit so much from its use.
Who is Termly Good For?
Termly is used by all kinds of businesses and individuals, including some popular brands like Signal Wire, FIS, Speed Boostr, NBCC, Heckler Design, and Victoria Beckham.
Listed below are some use cases to help you understand what you can achieve with this platform.
- Agencies: Termly offers a compliance solution for your clients. Use the platform to protect your clients from liability and add more value to the services you offer.
- Compliance Professionals: Running a website’s compliance strategy is hard work when the privacy landscape is consistently changing. With Termly, you’ll be able to implement comprehensive solutions in a simple and straightforward way.
- Marketing Professionals: Those in the marketing industry know the importance of complying with regulations like CAN-SPAM, CCPA, GDPR, and more, and Termly will help you tailor a custom privacy suite to protect your marketing and outreach activities.
- Tech Professionals: Termly is an all-in-one compliance suite for tech professionals. The platform lets you protect yourself so you can avoid compliance violations while saving the cost of hiring expensive lawyers for the tech niche.
- Website Owners: If you own a website or app with user accounts, make sure you also have terms and conditions to reduce your legal liabilities.
1. Ease of Use
Termly provides you with comprehensive legal policies that are created by the platform’s state-of-the-art software. Each of the documents is tailor-made to fit the unique needs of your particular business.
The platform offers US and EU Privacy Law Coverage, which means compliance with international laws is fast and easy.
You also get easy consent management with Termly’s cookie consent manager, a tool designed to help you comply with complex and ever-changing consent laws like the ePrivacy Regulation and GDPR.
The best part? Getting started with Termly is extremely easy.
Simply go to the website, and under the “Products” menu item, click the appropriate tab for the document you want, and you’ll be taken to a page where you can enter your website URL and the platform will guide you through the process of creating the appropriate form.
Simply enter your website URL to get started and the platform will scan your website for cookies in order to help you create a cookie consent solution that is compliant with both GDPR and Cookie Law.
2. All-in-One Solution
Termly comes with features that make compliance a breeze. Now you can have the peace of mind of knowing that you comply with all the necessary laws, rules, and guidelines from service providers for online business.
Remove the risk of trying to stay compliant with all of these different regulations on your own. Now, you can get it all done with just a few clicks of the mouse for your own business.
Compliance Solutions Include:
- Cookie Consent Manager: This feature allows you to create a managed cookie consent solution that will help you protect your app, website, or blog against legal liability.
- Terms and Conditions Generator: Use this tool to craft a custom Terms and Conditions agreement that will protect your digital assets against legal liability using a general data protection regulation with all the necessary clauses and GDPR compliance software.
- Return Policy Generator: The refund and return policy generator lets you craft free custom pages to communicate the way your online shop handles refunds and returns.
- Disclaimer Generator: Termly’s disclaimer generator lets you create a free legal disclaimer so you can stay on the right side of the law in this Termly review.
- Shipping Policy Generator: If you own an eCommerce site, online store, or SaaS (software as a service) company, then a shipping policy generator is exactly what you need to create the necessary documents to protect your business better than Termly alternatives
3. Unique Features
Termly has a wide range of unique features that make it even harder to believe that this software is offered for free.
Some of the features you’ll have access to after signing up include:
- Multi-User Management: Invite multiple users to collaborate with you on any of your projects using Termly.
- GTM Consent Mode: Communicate each website visitor’s consent preferences using the Google Tag Manager Consent Mode template.
- Multiple Business Platforms: For anyone who runs a blog, eCommerce site, or app, the platform’s compliance suite has every aspect of your business covered.
- Always Up to Date: Termly will automatically update all your policies to meet the ever-evolving requirements or any new laws.
- Easy Installation: Once you’ve created a policy, simply copy and paste a link or a snippet of code onto your site and the platform will take care of the rest.
- Save Thousands on Legal Fees: There’s no need to spend a fortune on an attorney when you can use Termly’s lawyers to create all your required legal policies for free.
4. Free to Use
Termly offers all-in-one compliance for website owners at no cost. As you well know, operating a successful website requires privacy, which is a critical, yet often overlooked ingredient.
With Termly, you’ll be able to bake user-centric privacy features, as well as compliance standards directly into the basic foundation of your website or app.
Customize a suite of attorney-created compliance features that are aligned with your website’s unique audience and brand – and all without paying a single cent.
The easy-to-use software is streamlined with tools to make consent and data privacy seamless, making it perfect for website and app owners on a budget.
5. AccessiBe Integration
With shared goals and values in mind, Termly has partnered with AccessiBe, one of the market leaders in AI-powered web accessibility services, in order to promote an internet that is more transparent and accessible.
You can use both Termly and AccessiBe services in combination to ensure you provide the absolute best user experience possible by making your website inclusive and accessible while maintaining respect for user data.
This partnership brings awareness to the need for data privacy compliance from an ethical point of view but also shines a spotlight on web accessibility through the use of AccessWidget, the Automated Web Accessibility tool for ADA and WCAG compliance.
You can use the platform’s handy tool to scan your site to see if it’s accessible. All you have to do is enter your URL and click “Scan Your Site Now”.
The AccessWidget works in a very simple way:
- Step #1: Install AccessWidget on your website.
- Step #2: It scans, analyzes, and makes your site accessible.
- Step #3: It auto-scans every 24 hours for new and revised content.
And that’s it. You’re done!
6. Agency Partner Program
Designed for all types of agencies, the platform’s Agency Partner program offers you all of the features and tools you need to provide your customers with data privacy and consent compliance in a simple, user-friendly, and profitable way.
This is undoubtedly the best compliance solution you can offer your clients – while making mony for yourself..
You can join the platform’s team of resellers who are currently helping over 300,000 customers across the world with their general compliance needs, including GDPR, CPPA, etc.
All you have to do to get started is apply on the website by filling out a form with your information.
Whether you are looking to protect your customers from liability, add more value to your service offerings, or generate a new revenue stream, Termly has you covered.
The platform’s suite of compliance solutions you can help your clients put the final touches on their sites by providing:
- Privacy Policies
- Terms and Conditions
- Cookie Banners
- Consent Management
- GDPR Cookie Compliance Scanner
- Return and Refund Policies
…and much more.
The site’s easy-to-use software makes reselling consent and data privacy easy and effortless, which is why it’s perfect for marketing agencies.
If you join as a reselling partner, you’ll get to enjoy additional benefits including those outlined in the image below:
Termly Pros and Cons
Every piece of software on the market has benefits and drawbacks. The same goes for Termly, and below, we take a look at some of its prominent pros and cons.
- Cookie Consent Manager: Obtain consent and manage cookie preferences quickly and easily on your website.
- Cookie Scanner Feature: Use this handy feature to scan and classify your website cookies.
- Free Version: You can test out Termly’s features for free before committing to a paid subscription.
- Exceptional Service: The platform prides itself on its world-class customer support team.
- Free plan provides no updates: Termly allows for a free plan, but the plan won’t update as requirements change.
Termly is an all-in-one data compliance solution, but it could still prove to be lacking in some areas, which is why someone might look to alternatives to determine which tool is best for them.
Here are three of Termly’s top competitors for a quick comparison on which platform would better serve your needs.
Termly vs TermsFeed
If you are searching for an alternative to Termly, then TermsFeed is a great option to consider.
With this platform, you’ll remain compliant with all current privacy laws, including GDPR, CCPA, CalOPPA, and many others.
You’ll also be able to create a wide range of other legal agreements for a variety of uses, including web, mobile iOS and Android, desktop apps, eCommerce, SaaS, Facebook apps, and much more as we see in this Termly review.
Termly vs GetTerms.io
This is a great platform for comprehensive tailored legal documents to protect your business in today’s environment of ever-changing privacy laws.
It covers all common privacy laws in the US, UK, EU, and Australia. The platform takes care of all the paperwork so you can focus on more important aspects of your business.
You can get all the policies you need for just $49 with the peace of mind of knowing that all legal documents are crafted for humans and reviewed by lawyers.
Termly vs Website Policies
This is a great legal policy creator for anyone on a budget. It starts from free and you’ll get maximum value for money on any of the platform’s paid subscriptions.
You can download attorney-drafted legal policies in just minutes to protect your website or app without the expense of hiring lawyers and legal teams.
You’ll also be able to take all the guesswork out of crafting effective legal documents. With a pre-designed, fully customizable template, you’ll be able to create essential legal documents to protect every aspect of your business with just a few clicks.
This includes privacy policies, refund policies, cookie policies, acceptable use, disclaimers, and terms and conditions documents.
The best thing about Termly is that it allows you to get started for free. This means that you’ll be able to create a legal policy for your website without any monetary investment on your part.
Termly’s pricing plans are as follows:
- Basic Plan: $0/month
- Ideal for startups still in the development phase
- 1 legal policy
- 4 policy revisions
- HTML embeddable policies
- Privacy Regulation monitoring
- Consent Manager
- 10k/month banner visitors
- Script Auto-blocker
- Starter Plan: $10/website/month
- Everything in the “Basic” plan +
- 2 legal policies
- 10 revisions
- 100k/month banner visitors
- Pay per license for additional websites
- Pro Plan: $15/website/month
- Everything in the “Starter” plan +
- All legal policies
- Unlimited revisions
- Termly-hosted policies
- Regional consent rules
- Remove Termly logo
- Multi-language support
One of the best things about Termly’s plans is that they all allow you to have unlimited users, which means you can invite others on your team to contribute and manage your website’s compliance needs.
If you need any help or answers to questions, the Termly customer support team is always on hand to assist you.
Simply get in touch with them by emailing [email protected] or call them at +1 (855) 234-5020 Mon-Fri, 2 PM – 10 PM GMT.
On the website, you’ll also find tons of helpful resources, including:
- Legal policy templates
- How-to guides
- Informational articles on privacy law compliance and best practices
- Up-to-date privacy news
- FAQs about data privacy and regulations
- Troubleshooting documentation
- A legal dictionary with legal terms defined in simple English
There’s even a compliance quiz where you answer a few questions to determine whether or not your business is compliant.
All in all, Termly provides you with all the information and advice you need to achieve and maintain compliance for your business.
The Pro plan lets you host all your privacy policies with Termly for free. This makes it easy for you to integrate them anywhere, such as on WordPress, Wix, Squarespace, and various other places as we explore in this Termly review.
Is Termly Legit?
Regardless of the industry you’re in, these days, you are required to navigate complex data security and privacy laws. Fortunately, you don’t need to have the knowledge and experience to do so on your own.
With a tool like Termly, you can get it done in just a few clicks.
Termly is an intelligent platform with features to help every type of business stay up-to-date with all current compliance laws, including GDPR, ePR, CCPA, PIPEDA, and many others – and you get all of this for free.
From small and enterprise businesses to law firms, tech professionals, and agencies, this is an awesome platform that will help users save thousands of dollars in legal fees while giving them the peace of mind of knowing that they can remain compliant even when the complex consent laws change (or new regulations are introduced).
Bottom line – this tool has everything you need to create policies, collect user consent, and avoid the penalties that come with noncompliance for your website, app, blog, software, or eCommerce shop.
That about does it for this Termly review. Are you ready to protect your business by implementing transparency in how you use your customers’ data?
If so, sign up below to try Termly for free and start generating attorney-crafted documents and legal policies for your business.