As a content creator, you know how costly and time-consuming it can be to find the right images, video clips, and sound effects online. An effective solution to this problem is to sign up for a stock footage subscription so you can get all the content you need in one convenient place.
You need a platform like Motion Array, a popular video company that is making waves in the industry.
Continue reading this Motion Array review to learn everything you need to know about this platform, including its features, pricing, support, pros and cons, and more.
Motion Array Summary
Video editing software comes in all shapes and sizes but all of them can be enhanced with the use of various assets from digital content platforms. Motion Array is one such platform, and on it, you’ll find thousands of beautiful and useful digital assets ranging from images and videos to VFX and SFX. Although free alternatives such as FreeVisuals exist, Motion Array has a wider range of assets, which are also higher in quality. Also, once you purchase a plan, you’ll gain unlimited access to their entire collection, which is a sweet deal considering it’s not all that expensive either. All in all, if you’re a video editor looking for some fresh assets to use in your projects – Motion Array is the best place to find them.
Massive Collection of Digital Assets
Limited Plugin Options
Yes - 44% Off
Starts at $29.99/Month
Is Motion Array Worth it?
Founded in 2013 by motion designers Eri Levin and Tyler Williams, this digital asset platform is perfect for anyone who wants unlimited access to royalty-free videos, images, and music. You get all of this and more for a single low price.
When you consider just how much time and effort you spend searching online for the perfect video clips or images for your content (not to mention worrying about copyright issues), it’s easy to see why a Motion Array subscription is a worthwhile investment.
For one single subscription, you get access to everything you can ever need to create your videos and graphics. Download as many assets as you want and use them for life. It’s a lot cheaper than paying for individual stock footage and you’ll save tons of time, effort, and money.
So is Motion Array worth it? The platform itself is pretty good (as you’ll see throughout this Motion Array review) but it’s always going to come down to personal preference and your overall needs. But yes, overall, it’s a worthwhile investment.
Who is Motion Array Good For?
Trusted by a lot of popular brands like Netflix, Discovery, and Sony, this digital asset company has something for everyone and is perfect for all types of creators, including:
- YouTubers: Get tons of motion graphics and music clips to create and spice up your YouTube videos – all in one place.
- Bloggers: Finding photos and illustrations for your blog is a breeze with the easy search filters on the platform.
- Social Media Marketers: This is a great choice for social media marketers as it provides you with endless options for your social media graphics.
- Videographers, Filmmakers, and Animators: Whatever type of creator you are, if you work with stock footage, then you stand to benefit from having a Motion Array subscription.
- Freelancers: As a freelancer, you’ll be able to simplify your work process with the thousands of photos, presets, and after effects templates.
- Agencies: Most of the Motion Array digital assets can be used for commercial purposes which means you can handle every aspect of your clients’ projects from concept to completion.
Motion Array Functionality
1. Ease of Use
Motion Array’s asset library is one of the easiest to navigate and use. You’ll be able to download files superfast and you can install plugins and extensions for Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, and After Effects directly from your dashboard.
The library is divided into 6 categories, which you’ll see at the top menu bar of the homepage. They include:
- Templates: You get templates for Adobe After Effects, Motion Graphics, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Premiere Rush, Final Cut Pro, and Davinci Resolve.
- Presets: Use presets for Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, and DaVinci Resolve Macros.
- Audio: Get unlimited royalty-free music and sound effects to use in any and all projects.
- Videos: Choose from hundreds of thousands of video footage and motion graphics options.
- Images: The platform has over 100K stock photos
- Plugins: There’s a variety of Adobe app plugins to streamline your work and improve your productivity and flow.
As you can see, you get unlimited creative assets, and the best part is that getting started is easy. All you have to do is sign up on the website.
Click the “Start Free Now” button on the Motion Array homepage.
Enter your email, Facebook, or Google account info to register an account. No credit card is required.
You’ll now have access to hundreds of free downloads, plugins, and a one-month trial of the portfolio website builder and video review tool.
You can search, preview, and download any of the assets in the digital library. Just keep in mind that if you’re on the free account, your options will be limited.
Use the filters to find what you are looking for. From illustrations and icons to graphic templates, vector images, and more – there are a ton of high-quality assets that will make your content creation process a lot easier (even on the free account).
Once you find what you’re looking for, just hit “Download” and you’ll be able to use it right away, anywhere.
It’s that easy!
You get up to 1 GB of storage, which allows you to download hundreds of free assets. This is a great way to check out the digital asset platform before you commit to a paid membership.
2. Extensive Library of Digital Assets
Motion Array provides you with an extensive library with over 800,000 digital assets, including:
- Video clips
- Audio effects
- After Effects templates
… and more.
The variety of assets is one of the main features that make Motion Array stand out from all its competitors.
Although some rival platforms may have larger video and audio libraries, Motion Array has the largest collection of Premiere Pro templates, as well as an outstanding catalog of high-quality After Effects templates that will take your videos to the next level.
Every asset on the site is high-quality – up to 5K+ quality, in fact. Stock videos start at 2K resolution, and all of them allow for superb editing flexibility. You’re sure to find the right type you need for professional use.
Important Note: Any project you complete while your Motion Array subscription is active will be covered forever. However, if you cancel your membership, you will not be able to use any of your downloaded assets in future projects.
3. Motion Array Review Tool
Each Motion Array membership includes a review video collaboration tool that you can use to upload and share your videos with clients and team members.
The platform allows collaborators to engage in conversation. Users can comment in real-time and download final videos once the project is finished.
This tool is an efficient way to get timely feedback from clients, and it allows you and your team to get on the same page without having to be in the same room.
Here are some additional benefits you’ll enjoy with this feature:
- Invite unlimited collaborators
- Include password protection
- Collaborate in real-time and avoid miscommunications
- Control versions easily
- Make client feedback easier with on-screen notation
- Get approvals quickly
4. Motion Array Portfolio Website Builder
As far as video asset companies go, Motion Array has a lot of unique features to offer. One such feature is the portfolio builder which allows you to create a beautiful portfolio website to show off all your best content creations.
No coding knowledge is required. You can use the drag-and-drop editor to create a fully functional portfolio website in just minutes.
Just select a theme, add the sections you need, adjust colors and fonts to match your preferences, upload your own logo, and you’re done!
You also have the ability to connect to your social media accounts, custom domain, and email address.
5. Additional Features:
Basically, Motion Array is a one-stop solution for all your video post-production needs. It’s beyond the scope of this article to cover all the features, but here are a few more noteworthy features that you get when you sign up for a subscription:
- Hassle-Free Licencing: If you’re a content creator, you know how hard it is to find high-quality visuals that are copyright-free. Motion Array’s universal license allows you to download and use as many assets as you want in as many projects as you like. There’s no need to extend coverage or request special permissions.
- Commercial Use: The Motion Array library has assets that you can use for commercial purposes, including advertising, social media marketing, feature films, YouTube, live events, sports programming, broadcast television, and nonprofit communications.
- Premiere Pro Plugins: Leverage the platform’s built-in drag-and-drop plugins to add unique touches to your video content.
Motion Array Pros and Cons
Like all other stock footage websites, Motion Array has its own pros and cons. I’ve listed some of the most prominent ones in this Motion Array review so you can easily determine whether or not this platform is good for you.
- Wide Range of Digital Assets: Motion Array is an all-in-one video and filmmakers platform with a massive range of videos, photos, music, and sound effects, with more being added every day.
- Affordable Pricing: Starting from just $20.83/Month, this digital asset subscription service is one of the most affordable options you’ll find.
- Unlimited Downloads: When you sign-up for the premium plan, you get unlimited downloads and royalty-free content for life.
- No Single Asset Purchases: With Motion Array, you can’t purchase any of the assets separately. You must sign up for a subscription.
- Limited Plugin Options: The platform only offers Adobe app plugins which can be quite limiting to creators who use different software.
Motion Array Competitors
There are many websites for digital assets. However, some offer better value than others. While Motion Array is a great solution for content creators, they are other contenders worth considering. I’ve listed three of the top Motion Array alternatives below.
Motion Array vs After Effects
When comparing Motion Array and Adobe After Effects, it comes down to what your preferences are. For example, Motion Array focuses on ease of use and an interface that is simple to navigate.
This makes it perfect for beginners and non-tech-savvy users. Adobe After Effects, on the other hand, is more advanced video editing software with a lot of advantages for more experienced users.
After Effects provides you with a range of exciting features, including professional effects, Adobe Creative Cloud integration, and virtual reality editing. If you want a comprehensive video editing tool with an extensive digital asset library, then this is a great tool for you.
However, for those who value ease-of-use and unlimited copyright-free downloads, then Motion Array is the best option to go with.
Motion Array vs Storyblocks
Storyblocks is another popular stock footage site with a huge library of digital assets. You can get access to millions of stock photos, illustrations, video clips, Adobe Premiere templates, motion backgrounds, music tracks, and sound effects for $65/month.
Although this platform has an impressive selection of high-quality stock, its library isn’t that much bigger than Motion Array’s which makes it hard to justify the price which is almost 3 times higher than its competitor.
Also, while the Motion Array library is smaller, it’s more varied and offers more extensive coverage of trending, popular, and sought-after video styles and topics.
Having said that, there’s a built-in video editing tool in Storyblocks, which makes it worth it if this feature is essential to your needs.
Motion Array vs Envato
Envato Elements is yet another great stock site for digital assets. Both Motion Array and Envato have huge digital asset libraries with an impressive range of offerings.
For video creators, Motion Array is the better choice as it comes with unlimited downloads. However, if you are a content creator or designer who wants unlimited access to design assets, then you’ll find Envato Elements to be a better alternative.
It comes with a more diverse selection, including WordPress themes, fonts, 3D, web templates, infographics, and more. A subscription costs $16.50/month and you can sign up for a free 7-day trial to test out the software before you commit to a premium plan.
Motion Array Pricing
The Motion Array pricing structure is simple. Plans are for single users only and assets are licensed to the user with the paid subscription. Plans are as follows:
- Free Plan: $0/Month: While you won’t find a Motion Array free trial anywhere on their site, there is a free plan that gives you limited access to some of the core features.
- Monthly Plan: $29.99/month: This plan allows unlimited downloads for a single user. You get a license to use digital assets anywhere. New assets are added daily, and you also get a video collaboration tool.
- Annual Plan: $20.83/month: If you pay annually, you get huge savings on your subscription. This plan includes all the features in the monthly plan.
- Team Plan: $37.50/month: This plan has the same features as the monthly and annual plans. However, it’s ideal for collaboration as it allows 2 – 20 members.
Motion Array provides support through email. You can fill out the form on the website’s contact page or send an email to [email protected].
You can also connect with the support team and social media. They are active on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
On Motion Array’s website, you’ll find thousands of how-to articles and guides to help you get the most from the software. You can browse through the site and sift through tutorials and resources according to the topics you are interested in.
Motion Array offers a marketplace extension for Adobe. You can download and import all your digital assets right inside your Adobe apps, including:
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Audition (Coming Soon)
- Adobe Premier Rush (coming soon)
With these integrations, you can ditch the browser and search through the platform’s entire library of assets from within your Adobe application. You can sort and filter the results to find the assets you want without leaving the program.
These integrations also allow you to optimize your workflow. With a single click, you can download the exact assets you need right from the panel. Keep browsing and working while new assets download in the background.
Is Motion Array Legit?
There you have it. Everything you need to know about the Motion Array digital asset marketplace in this Motion Array review.
This platform certainly is worth it for any video creatives who want to access a constantly growing catalog of professional quality video assets for an affordable price.
You can start discovering Motion Array for free by simply signing up on the website with your email, Google, or Facebook account. You’ll get access to hundreds of free video templates, free songs, SFX, and dozens of graphic assets. You’ll also get new free assets sent to your email regularly.
When you’re ready to explore more of the catalog, simply upgrade to one of the premium plans to unlock a whole new world of graphics.
Check out what this happy customer had to say about the software:
If you’re ready to produce awesome videos and graphics, sign up for a free Motion Array account and start creating right now.