According to recent statistics, 94% of negative website feedback is design-related. This means if you want to build a website that creates a positive first impression, you need the right website builder with essential design tools. Moreover, you want a platform that is easy to use and offers high-level customization so you can build an attractive and full-featured website even with no coding knowledge.
One such site builder is Webnode.
Continue reading this Webnode review to find out what the platform offers regarding functionality, design options, marketing tools, customer support, pricing, and more.
Webnode is an excellent website builder for those who want to create their first site. The primary reasons for this are ease of use and a powerful free plan that is ideal for beginners. Those who want something more from Webnode can get it by purchasing fairly affordable Premium plans. As for the builder itself, some of its features that I’ve loved include multi-device use support (edit your website using any device), a powerful form builder, and 24 supported languages!
Supports Multi-Device Use
Starts at $4.90/Month
Is Webnode Worth it?
Webnode is a popular website-building tool that lets you create websites with zero coding required. The platform, which is based out of Switzerland and serves over 40 million users, has a powerful drag-and-drop-style editor designed for ease of use.
Webnode allows you to build any type of website you want using the platform’s intuitive drag-and-drop editor. Whether you want to create a content-based site or sell goods online, the software covers just about everything.
Even if you’ve never built a website before, Webnode makes it easy for you to create and host a website for free.
The platform also supports multilingual websites and backup and restore options are available. There are multiple premium options to choose from, and with each paid plan, you get free email addresses.
In short, this software has some of the best tools, design options, and customer support you’ll find in a site builder, making it a great option for most users looking for a cost-effective way to build a complete site.
Who is Webnode Good For?
Webnode is perfect for anyone who wants to build a website without coding. It works for all types of creators, whether you want to build a website for personal reasons, to sell goods online, or to promote a business or brand.
Here’s a quick look at the types of creators who stand to benefit from this software:
- Beginners: This is a great option for beginners who want to create a website quickly and easily, with no HTML, coding, or expert knowledge.
- Students: If you’re strapped for cash, Webnode offers a free plan to get your website on the internet. You can have your site created and hosted on the platform for free within minutes.
- Freelancers: Webnode has budget-friendly plans to help you create and promote a successful freelance business.
- Small Businesses: This website builder comes with a range of premium plans to suit businesses of all sizes. You get all the essential tools even on the basic plan.
This section of the Webnode review will focus on the platform’s functionality and tools.
1. Ease of Use
One of the best things about using Webnode is that it provides the easiest and most intuitive way to build beautiful websites with the help of templates. The main goal of the software is to lower the entry barrier for building websites so that even absolute beginners can have a site published in minutes.
Everything is designed for simplicity and ease from the signup process to creating brand-aligned eCommerce stores and checkouts.
Getting started is easy:
Step #1: Sign up with your email. It only takes a moment and no credit card is required. You’ll be prompted to enter the name of your website but you can change this later.
Step #2: Choose the design you like. Pick a template you love and customize it for your new website.
Step #3: Add images, texts, and other content. You have the option of using the platform’s content if you don’t have time to create your own. Each template comes with prepared content that you can customize to meet your specific needs.
Step #4: Publish your website with one click. Once you’re happy with how your site looks, hit “Publish” and your website will be online instantly.
Making your site with Webnode is like playing with building blocks. You can add any type of content in just minutes, including text, images, videos, and more. Move content around, change it up, and tweak the different elements until you’re happy with how your website looks.
If you want a user-friendly website-building experience, then this is a great platform to consider. No developers are needed.
Not only does the platform offer a free plan and easy-to-use tools, but it also comes with loads of extra features that you won’t find on other builders, such as the ability to edit your website from any device, built-in form builders, membership registration, and more.
2. Templates and Design
Now that you know how easy it is to use Webnode, let’s begin our exploration of what this website builder can do. We’ll start with a look at its templates.
Webnode has a great variety of templates that cover virtually every conceivable category, including:
- Online Store
- Restaurants & Food
- Festive Templates
…and many more.
Each category has dozens of options in it, allowing you to choose the best layout to meet your unique needs.
There’s an exciting range of modern templates made with current design trends in mind. The layouts are designed with a clear structure to help visitors navigate your website easily and make it simple for them to find the information they’re searching for.
You’ll be able to find designs that are tailored to your field of work. Each template is prepared for different business types, with content, layouts, and designs that fulfill the needs of your ideal market.
Each template can be easily modified to suit your needs. Webnode also provides you with free professional images. There’s an extensive image gallery that allows you to add visual interest to your new website using icons and royalty-free images – all of which are ready for use on your site.
With such a selection of templates available to you, you’ll be able to create a website design that stands out from the rest so you can more easily attract your target customers.
Here are some additional features:
- Mobile-Ready Themes: Your site will automatically adjust to any screen size to ensure that it looks great on any device.
- Video Background: Attract the attention of your target audience with video backgrounds on your pages. Add your own or choose pre-designed options.
- Parallax Scrolling Effect: This feature allows you to add depth to your background images using parallax scrolling and various other visual effects.
- Add Logo and Favicon: Branding is crucial if you want your website to stand out online, and Webnode makes it easy for you to add a unique logo and favicon to your website.
- Widget Integration: Easily embed HTML codes and add extra functions and/or design changes to your site with this intuitive function.
3. User-Friendly Website Builder
Webnode allows you to add different types of content with a single click. Thanks to the platform’s intuitive block editor, you can add various types of content to any section of the page. Just click on the “+” sign and select the content you want.
You can save time with pre-designed pages. If your site needs additional pages, you can choose the ones you like from a range of pre-formatted templates and add the desired page to your website.
With Webnode, you get fast and simple editing that can be done directly in your browser. There’s no need to download or install any software on your device. When building your website, you’ll be able to see all the changes as you make them. You’ll also have full control over your website’s content and look.
4. eCommerce Features
Start selling online instantly with Webnode’s built-in eCommerce tools. You can open a brand new online shop using one of the many eCommerce store templates or add a store to your existing website in a few clicks.
The platform boasts a range of features designed to offer a smooth shopping experience for your customers.
Key features include:
- Payment and Shipping: Webnode offers a wide range of local payment methods. You can offer your customers a variety of payment options, including PayPal, Stripe, wire transfer, credit card payment, and even payment upon pickup.
- Shipping Methods: Your store products can be delivered through FedEx or DHL. You can also set in-store pickup and various other delivery methods. There’s a built-in feature that allows your customers to track the delivery of their orders.
- Discounts and Free Shipping: You have the option of creating discounts to promote sales. Offer free shipping to boost conversions in your store. If you want to limit the use of discounts, you can do so by creating promo codes. Discounts will be applied only when users enter the code in the order review section.
- Responsive Store Templates: Webnode has responsive store templates designed to help you sell. There are dozens of beautiful online store templates with layouts to showcase your products in the most effective way. The platform also makes it easy for users to shop on their smartphones and tablets by automatically adjusting your store to fit any device size.
As you can see, Webnode makes it extremely easy for you to run an online store without having to get technical help from developers.
Setup is easy and fast, you can add new products in minutes. Describe each product, upload product images, set prices for each item, and hit publish.
Just like that, you’re ready to sell.
In addition to the easy setup process, you also get intuitive store management. You get notifications about every order that comes in. You can change the status, notify users about dispatched orders, archive fulfilled orders, and more. All of this takes place on your order management dashboard.
5. Blogging and SEO
Having an attractive website means nothing if it can’t be found online. Webnode makes it easy for you to be seen online thanks to built-in SEO tools designed to boost your visibility on the internet.
Customers will have no trouble finding you thanks to features such as:
- Unique Titles and Descriptions: Entice your visitors to click through to your product pages by adding unique titles and descriptions that are noticeable in the search results.
- Customized URLs: Simplify website navigation with custom URLs. These are generated automatically from page names, but you also have the ability to change them.
- Easy Blog Management: As you well know, Google loves content. Webnode comes with powerful blogging features, with unique blog designs and layouts to make your blog stand out.
You can manage your blog as any other page on your site. Add images, videos, maps, and various other elements to spice up your posts. You can add recent blog posts on any page of your website. You even have the ability to add multiple blog pages so you can create different categories for your posts.
6. Speed and Security
Speed is crucial for a website because slow-loading pages can drive users away. Similarly, sites that are not secure don’t elicit trust from visitors. Therefore, if you want to protect your business, brand, and reputation, you need a website builder that focuses on providing high performance and security.
These are areas where Webnode truly shines. The platform offers the following features:
- Reliable Hosting: All websites created on Webnode are hosted on safe and secure servers.
- HTTPS for Safe Browsing: Webnode websites come with free SSL certificates and use HTTPS for safe browsing.
- Backup and Restore: The platform keeps your content safe and creates regular backups so you can restore previous versions of your website at any time.
- Fast, Smooth Loading: Webnode ensures your pages load quickly to keep visitors on your site for longer and reduce bounce rates.
7. Custom Domain
A custom domain name can make all the difference to your business. Boost your position with the perfect domain from Webnode. Once you sign up for a premium subscription, you can choose a domain name (aka your internet address) to give your website a more professional look.
You get a free domain for one year with each plan.
The platform has a wide selection of local and special domains to choose from. If you need help finding the perfect domain name for your brand, get in touch with the support team and they’ll be happy to assist.
Alternatively, you can connect your own existing domain if you already have one. The entire process is easy and stress-free.
If a custom domain isn’t in your budget yet, never fear. Webnode lets you create a website for free and host it on a subdomain. This means that your website address will be “YourWebsite.webnode.com”.
8. Professional Email Accounts
A mailbox created on your own domain can help build and unify your brand. It signals to your customers that you’re running a trustworthy enterprise.
Each Webnode plan has professional email accounts that let you communicate with your customers like a pro. You can create up to 100 mailboxes for different roles in your business. Each one comes with 1 GB of space. Connect your mailbox to Gmail, Outlook, or other email clients so you can receive and send emails the way you’re used to.
9. Robust Analytics
Connect your website with Google Analytics and get detailed insights into the activity of your visitors. This is a great way to get to know your visitors and what they want so you can find ways to enhance their overall experience on your site.
There are a lot of website statistics to see. The traffic overview, for instance, gives you a clear overview of the traffic on your website. You’ll be able to see how many one-time and repeat visits there are, as well as which pages are the most popular, and more.
The referral sources metric will help you find out where your visitors come from, who shared a link to your site, and so on. You’ll also be able to see which visitors typed your address directly and which ones found you through organic search.
Membership registration allows you to restrict access to selected pages of your site. You can lock specific pages with the membership registration feature, allowing visitors to fill in login forms in order to access certain content.
Manage registrations with ease on your dashboard. You’ll be able to see the user details after signup, allowing you to easily approve or decline page access with just one click.
Webnode Pros and Cons
Before you can decide if Webnode is the best website builder to create the site of your dreams, you need to be aware of the software’s best and worst qualities.
And in this part of the Webnode review, we’ll be taking a look at Webnode’s pros and cons.
- Free Plan Available: Webnode offers a free plan that allows users to create and host a website for free. This gives it a huge advantage over other website builders.
- Easy to Use: Building a website with Webnode requires zero coding, HTML, or expert knowledge.
- Multi-Device Use: You can edit your website using any device you want, from smartphones to desktops and everything in between.
- Membership Registration: There are features for creating membership sites to limit access to certain pages on your website.
- Form Builder: With Webnode, you don’t have to integrate a third-party tool for creating contact forms and signup forms for newsletters and registrations.
- Create in 24 Languages: The system has 24 language versions, meaning you can create your site in any language you feel comfortable with.
- Slow Customer Support: The area of support could be improved as the platform’s support team is only available during business hours from Monday to Friday.
- Blog Limitations: The blogging feature doesn’t allow multiple contributors.
The features outlined above are a clear indication that Webnode is a truly comprehensive application that provides you with robust website-building tools and full control over your site.
However, although the software is efficient in its site building and hosting service, it may not be the perfect fit for everyone. If it’s lacking some of the features you need, then you may be better served by one of these three alternatives.
Here’s a quick look at what each of the top Webnode competitors offers so you can more easily weigh up the options to make the right choice for you.
Webnode vs Wix
Wix offers content management solutions to everyone. Whether you are a freelancer, a photographer, a musician, or a restaurant owner, Wix offers a number of features to help you create and manage your website efficiently.
With Wix ADI, the platform’s Artificial Design Intelligence, you can build a professional website in minutes. The Wix Editor allows you to design your own template or you can choose from over 500 designer-made themes – all of which are fully customizable.
Wix comes with a simple yet powerful drag-and-drop editor, unlimited pages, 500 MB storage, secure hosting, and a mobile site, all for free. If you want additional features, you can upgrade to other paid plans.
Webnode vs Squarespace
Squarespace helps all types of creators turn their ideas into reality. You can choose from hundreds of designer website templates, fonts, and color palettes to suit your professional and personal needs.
There are templates for every industry and you can generate a website of your own in just a few steps. All you need to do is choose a template, get a custom domain name, and add images and text. You can then customize your new site by adding personalized colors and fonts.
Other notable features on Squarespace include powerful eCommerce tools, email campaigns, an online scheduling mechanism, and various third-party integrations.
Webnode vs Weebly
Weebly helps create professional-looking websites, including blogs and virtual stores. The platform comes with integrated marketing tools, including SEO, email, and social media marketing features.
There are hundreds of professional templates to choose from and you can extend the functionality of your website using apps and tools from third-party vendors. All in all, the platform offers a smooth website-building process with zero technical skills required, making it a great alternative for Webnode.
Some other Webnode alternatives include:
- Free Plan: $0/month: Webnode has a free option that lets you create and host a website for zero dollars, provided you use the .webnode subdomain and are happy to display Webnode branding somewhere on the page.
- Limited Plan: $4.90/month: This is the basic plan that enables you to attach your own domain. It comes with 200 MB storage, 1 GB bandwidth, and a form builder that creates up to five fields. You also get the last 30 days of website statistics.
- Mini Plan: $8.90/month: This plan has all you need to run your stunning, simple website. It comes with everything in the “Limited” plan + a free domain for one year, 1 GB storage, 3 GB bandwidth, and one email account.
- Standard Plan: $14.90/month: The standard plan includes everything in the “Mini” plan +3 GB storage and 10 GB bandwidth. You get 20 email accounts, website statistics, and the removal of Webnode branding.
- Profi Plan: $24.90/month
- This plan allows you to build a fully equipped website for professionals.
- It comes with everything in the “Standard” plan +
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Form builder
- Advanced website analytics
- Unlimited membership registration
- 100 email accounts.
Webnode provides friendly and knowledgeable support through various channels, including:
- Email: Get a reply within 24 hours
- Phone: Priority phone support is available for Premium customers
- Extensive Knowledgebase: Get step-by-step guides to every Webnode feature
You can also get the latest news on the Webnode blog and social networks.
Webnode provides easy widget integration. You can embed HTML codes and implement any additional functions or design changes that you might need.
Other integrations include:
- Social Proofy: Cloud-based customer engagement platform.
- SpeiseplanApp: A free Gastro App.
- ElfSight: Increase visitor engagement, boost conversions, and generate leads.
- AIO Store Locator: The simplest way to maximize your website reach with a store locator or zip code finder.
- Common Ninja: A powerful platform that offers customizable apps for all e-commerce and website builders.
- Reservio: Efficiently organize small or large amounts of online booking.
- Lime Talk: Website chat feature for your online shop.
Is Webnode Legit?
So, what’s the verdict of this Webnode review?
Webnode is without a doubt one of the easiest ways to get your website online. No need to learn to code or hire expensive developers. With this site builder, you get a quick setup, free try-out, and attractive design.
You’ll have your own website up and running in minutes just by dragging and dropping different elements on a page. The platform also comes with a range of built-in features to help you gain visibility online.
If you want a design that makes you stand out, then this is a great platform to choose.
Check out what this user had to say about Webnode’s website builder:
If you’re ready to create a professional website without breaking the bank, then sign up for a free Webnode account right now.