If you’ve been thinking about opening an online store, you need an eCommerce solution with all the right tools. You’ll need website-building features, security, marketing (like email marketing), and sales tools to help you get the most sales for your products.
The good news? Sellfy can help. Sellfy is a cloud-based, software-as-a-service eCommerce platform for creators who want an easy way to sell merchandise or digital products.
Established in 2011, this platform has since grown to become one of the most popular eCommerce solutions available today. It allows creators to sell print-on-demand products, physical products, subscriptions, and digital products with very little tech knowledge to keep things easy and straightforward.
This is a great platform to consider if you hate complexity but want results. Read the rest of this Sellfy review to understand who Sellfy is good for, its features, its pros and cons, and whether or not it’s worth it for your business.
Running an efficient online store requires a powerful and capable eCommerce platform that beginners may have trouble with. However, Sellfy makes the entire process simple and easy. For starters, this platform comes with built-in marketing tools so you’ll be able to check all the necessary metrics in one place. On top of that, you can sell your products anywhere – including Email, social media, and forums with complete freedom thanks to Sellfy’s versatility.
Built-In Marketing Tools
Limited SEO Features
Yes - Up to 25% Off
Starts at $29/Month
Is Sellfy Worth it?
One of the things this platform prides itself on is its ease of use. You can start easily, create an online store in just a couple of clicks, and be selling your products in just a few minutes.
Customize your store however you like, and scale to any level with the built-in marketing features.
You can reach your audience anywhere, which means you’ll be able to sell directly on social media, on your own website, or anywhere else using a custom storefront.
Other unique features on the platform include built-in print on demand, website embed, and 24/7 support from the platform’s excellent support team.
You can also join a community of thousands of like-minded creators all working to turn their passion into income through their online stores.
All in all, this is a powerful yet easy-to-use platform with all the features you need to create and run a successful and profitable online store.
It will save you tons of money and time that you would otherwise spend trying to get different marketing and sales tools to connect and work together seamlessly.
Who is Sellfy Good For?
If you want your own eCommerce website but lack the technical know-how to create an online store, Sellfy can help.
It’s a great option with a free forever plan that you can use to get started without investing any money upfront. You can sign up and create an online store in as little as five minutes, giving you the opportunity to really get to know the software’s ins and outs risk-free for 14 days.
The platform has a wide range of features perfect for different types of users, including
…and many others.
Listed below are a few use cases to help you understand what Sellfy offers to you.
- Digital Downloads: Sell music, audio, videos, eBooks, and courses from your Sellfy store.
- Merchandise: Print and sell your own merchandise from your Sellfy store, your own website, social media, or email.
- Subscriptions: Create recurring revenue through the sale of subscription packages to your audience.
When you stop to think about it, the possibilities are endless. With Sellfy platform, you can connect your store to your existing website or use your online Sellfy store as the main domain.
Use embed options, such as “Buy Now” buttons to make sales from other platforms, including Facebook and Instagram, to sell digital products, with minimal transaction fees and embed options for email marketing features, sell downloads app, and more.
In this Sellfy Review, we will see that even complete beginners can create profitable online stores because you don’t have to concern yourself too much with technical details, and you don’t have to be a design wizard to build an eCommerce shop that is both functional and visually appealing.
Listed below are some of the platform’s more prominent features, including products, customization, marketing, integrations, and payment security.
1. Ease-Of-Use including Sellfy Store
Getting started with Sellfy is easy. No credit card is required, and you can sign up for a 14-day free trial to see if the platform is the right fit for you. Cancel anytime or upgrade to one of the paid plans to continue using the software.
Here’s a step-by-step look at how easy it is to get started on Sellfy in this Sellfy review:
Your first step is to sign up for Sellfy.
Click “Start 14-day free trial” and complete the quick sign-up on the website and follow the prompts to create your online store.
You’ll be asked to enter your name, email, and password for your online store registration.
Next, answer a few more questions so the platform can customize your experience.
Once you’re done, click “Start Trial”, and you’ll be taken to your Sellfy dashboard which looks like this:
From there, you have access to everything you need to build and run your online store.
Choose a store design you like from the many options available, customize it to your liking, and enter all the relevant store settings.
You can now add products to it by choosing the appropriate tab from the following options:
- Digital Product
- Print on Demand
- Physical Products
If, for example, you choose to create a print-on-demand product, such as a custom printed t-shirt, your next step will be to choose a category (men, women, kids, etc.).
Upload your design and set the price for each of your items so you can start populating your store.
You can preview your store to see how it looks before it goes live.
Now it’s time to let your audience and potential customers know about your merchandise store.
Post links to your online merch store on your Instagram, YouTube, blog, email, and any other place where you can reach your target audience.
You can now sit back and relax. The platform handles all the shipping for you.
2. Sell Products and Subscriptions with Marketing tools
Sellfy platform provides you with all the sales tools you need to build a profitable online business in one convenient place, this Sellfy review would not be complete without helping you with selling digital products for your online business and with Sellfy features, store customization, and marketing on social media platforms.
Sellfy offers no product limits, which means you can sell as many items as you want in your online store without incurring additional costs with priority customer support and the platform’s Sellfy analytics dashboard
Sell Physical Products
The platform lets you sell physical products and tangible items from your storefront. You get all the features you need in one easy-to-use tool with easy setup and zero transaction fees.
The platform makes it easy to sell merchandise from your personal store without inventory. Create and sell print-on-demand products, such as custom clothing, home decor items, accessories, etc.
Easily create digital subscription products for your customers and charge on a weekly, monthly, or annual basis. This is a great way for you to earn recurring revenue for your business by selling digital subscription products such as:
- Video tutorials
- Services and retainers
- Your content library
- Email newsletters
- Community memberships
- Weekly challenges
- Bundled products
- Exclusive content
Get things done with features such as the Custom Billing Schedule, which allows you to choose the frequency that works best for you.
You can also assign Subscriber Self Manage so users can easily access their own pages to view their files and manage their subscriptions. You can also manually drip content and notify your subscribers whenever you roll out an update or add new content.
Built-In Print On Demand
The platform lets you launch a print-on-demand store for your merchandise within minutes. This means you can design, create, and sell your products from one convenient storefront.
Sell hoodies, t-shirts, hats, mugs, and any other type of merch with the platform’s built-in print-on-demand feature. All your incoming orders will be automatically printed and sent to your customers.
Sell Digital Goods
Now you can sell all types of digital products without any of the technical headaches normally associated with the process. Everything is included in your Sellfy plan, including hosting and delivering all your digital files, from eBooks and videos to music, audio files, and other digital files like AI, PSD, etc.
Here are some examples of digital content you can sell with Sellfy:
- Ebooks and PDFs
- Online Events and Promotion
- Digital Art
- Online Memberships
- Videos And Films
- Graphic/Web Design Assets
- Videos And Photo Effects
- Music and Audiobooks
…and any other digital file imaginable.
Video Streaming: With Sellfy, you can offer your videos on demand, eliminate download issues, and reduce the risk of piracy.
Unlimited Products and Bandwidth: Sellfy allows you to add as many digital products as you want and you can have unlimited traffic to your online store without incurring any additional costs.
Large File Support: Use the platform to host and distribute large digital files of up to 10 GB per product.
High-Security Levels: The platform uses cutting-edge security measures to eliminate product piracy. You also get additional features for digital product sellers, such as PDF stamping, which allow you to automatically add customers’ email addresses to each page of your PDF product file so that each of your buyers gets a uniquely marked and personalized file.
Furthermore, you can limit downloads as a way to prevent buyers from sharing your digital files online. Simply issue customers with unique download links that come with limited download attempts.
3. Robust Customization for Online store and more
With Sellfy, you’ll have a beautiful storefront in just minutes. The platform is built to make it as easy as possible for anyone to effortlessly create a professional storefront that stands out from all the rest.
Even with no prior experience or technical knowledge, the intuitive platform will guide you in building a store that represents your business in a unique way and customizing your site to match your brand.
In addition to changing the logo, colors, style, and layout, here are some other ways you can customize your online shop:
- Shopping Cart: Use an online shopping cart to allow customers to purchase multiple items at once so you can earn more from your store.
- Optimized for Mobile Devices: You can create a mobile-optimized online shop that delivers a flawless checkout experience for mobile and desktop that you can even use for your business website and eCommerce platforms.
- Custom Domain: You have the ability to use your existing domain and connect it to your Sellfy store in order to help strengthen your brand and build trust with your visitors.
- Store Language: Provide your customers with an automatically translated version of your online store’s interface according to the visitor’s location.
4. Built-In Marketing Features
The platform comes with all the tools you need to improve your marketing campaigns so you can outpace the competition and grow your online store with ease.
Here are some of the marketing features that stand out:
- Discount Codes: You can use codes to engage with customers, increase conversions, and boost your sales.
- Upselling: Offer powerful upsells to any of your users who go through checkout as a way to increase your store’s average order value.
- Pay What You Want Pricing: As a way to remove the barrier to entry, you can allow your customers to choose how much they would like to pay for any of your products with Sellfy pricing. Set minimum pricing and remove the upper limits so your buyers can pay what they think is fair.
- Email Marketing: With the built-in email marketing tools, you’ll be able to collect newsletter subscribers on your website and send product updates to your customers without the need to integrate any third-party tools with great customer support for business and premium plans.
- Tracking Pixels: The platform makes it easy for you to create ads for your online store and track their performance by adding Twitter and Facebook ad pixels.
5. Website Embed
Copy and paste a snippet of code to add a “Buy Now” button, shopping cart, and other tools to help you make more sales from your site, social media, email, or anywhere else where you can reach your target audience.
- Buy Now Buttons: Embed a prominent “buy now” button to any website to turn any of your existing pages into an instant online store.
- Product Cards: Add product cards to your site and monetize any of your content with items from your online store.
- Product Links: Use links to sell just about anywhere. These work great for social media, direct communication, and messaging.
- YouTube End Screens and Cards: Sellfy allows you to increase traffic to your online shop through the use of end screens and cards on your YouTube videos.
- Store Embed: Transform any website into a gorgeous online store by embedding your entire eCommerce shop with all your physical or digital products.
6. Secure Payments
Sellfy offers reliable payments and top security measures like SSL that allow you to accept payments from anywhere in the world while keeping your customers and store safe.
The platform is PCI-DSS-ready, which means your buyers’ payment data is handled by reliable payment processors like PayPal and Stripe.
You can use PayPal and Stripe to offer secure credit card payment options and accept payments from customers in over 200 countries.
Sellfy Pros and Cons
There’s no denying that Sellfy is a great software that simplifies online selling for all types of creators. However, like all other pieces of software, it comes with its own set of pros and cons.
Here is a quick look at some of the more prominent ones.
- Free Forever Plan: As the name suggests, this plan is free forever. You’ll never be charged for anything unless you grow your business and upgrade to one of the paid plans.
- Built-In Marketing Tools: One of the best features of Sellfy is its built-in marketing tools that allow you to send emails, use discount codes, upsell products, and use tracking pixels and analytics tools.
- Recurring Subscription Billing: This feature allows you to sell subscription products like memberships, workshops, software subscriptions, and courses to create a source of recurring revenue for your business.
- Print On Demand Features: You’ll find built-in print-on-demand tools that allow you to start selling merch on your site in just minutes.
- Sell Anywhere: With the platform’s embed feature, you are no longer confined to just selling on your website. Instead, you can now sell your products anywhere, including email, social media, forums, and anywhere else.
- Limited SEO Capability: On Sellfy, you only get basic SEO (search engine optimization) features, which means you have to integrate other tools if this is a major concern for you.
- Poor Google PageSpeed Scores: The platform’s speed is slightly slower when compared to other similar platforms like Shopify, Wix, and WooCommerce.
- Limited Integrations: Unlike other eCommerce platforms, Sellfy doesn’t have an app store and therefore is limited in its integrations with third-party tools and apps.
There’s no clear-cut answer as to which type of eCommerce platform you should go for when building your own online store.
However, by looking at the features on offer, you should be able to determine which option is best for you according to your needs.
So, if Sellfy doesn’t meet your needs, here are three of its top competitors to consider.
Sellfy vs. Wix
Wix offers print-on-demand features and is best for small stores, boutiques, and brick-and-mortar businesses looking for a simple way to sell products online.
However, unlike Sellfy, Wix does not offer a free plan. Pricing on the platform is based on support, storage, and the number of features.
Having said that, Wix does offer significantly more payment gateways compared to Sellfy. Also, the platform is large and well-established, which makes it ideal for bigger eCommerce websites.
Sellfy vs. Shopify
Shopify offers features like dropshipping and print on demand, and like its competitor, it’s ideal for small stores, boutiques, and brick-and-mortar businesses.
With over 100 payment gateways and affordable, growth-focused plans, Shopify is a great Sellfy alternative for anyone who wants an affordable plan that grows as their business grows and helps them sell online with an eCommerce store and email marketing and payment options.
Sellfy vs. WooCommerce
WooCommerce is a large platform that is great for private-label B2C businesses with larger inventories.
It’s very different from Sellfy, which is a SaaS platform where users don’t have to concern themselves with a lot of technical details in order to build a functional and aesthetically pleasing eCommerce store.
WooCommerce is an open-source platform that might be a better option for users with more advanced technical knowledge because it provides you with more control over how your online store looks and feels overall.
With Sellfy pricing, you get a beautiful store that comes with tons of features and no transaction fees. Sellfy cost varies from the Starter plan to the premium plan. You can start a 14-day free trial by signing up on the site.
Plans are as follows:
- Starter Plan: $22/month: Up to $10k sales/year, Unlimited products for online businesses, Digital products, Subscription products, Own Custom domain, Email Marketing.
- Business Plan: $59/month: Everything in the Starter plan, $50k/year in sales, Remove Sellfy branding, Cart abandonment and Product upselling
- Premium Plan: $119/month: Everything in the Business plan, $200k in sales/year, Product migration, Priority support
Sellfy offers 24/7 support so you always have a helping hand when you need it. The platform has an excellent customer service team that is made up of knowledgeable and friendly individuals.
You can get support through a variety of channels, including:
- Live Chat
- Knowledge Base
You also get a mobile app that allows you to access order information on the go so you can easily provide support to your customers whenever they need it.
With this Sellfy review, we will also explore integrations with the platform. You can integrate Sellfy with a number of apps, including the following:
- Google Analytics: Add Google Analytics to track your store and be informed about important metrics, including all your eCommerce data, with no subscription fee or payment processing fees
- Facebook Pixel: Use Facebook pixel to track your store visitors, see their actions, and run successful Facebook ads campaigns.
- Twitter Ads: Get more likes and amplify your message on Twitter so you can boost brand awareness and get more people talking about your online store.
- Zapier: Use Zapier to connect to over 1,000 apps and tools to streamline your marketing, sales, and customer management processes.
- Facebook Live Chat: The Facebook chat integration allows you to offer a convenient and effective communication channel on your online store using Facebook Messenger.
- Patreon: Connect your Patreon page to your online store and offer free or discounted products to your Patreon supporters and other platforms with the payment processor.
Is Sellfy Legit?
Sellfy is an increasingly popular eCommerce platform with simple yet powerful tools for selling physical and digital products on your website, social media, email, or any other platform.
This all-in-one service is perfect for all types of creators, particularly beginners with no prior experience. It’s best for more minor operations but works no matter what business you’re running or what type of product or service you’re selling.
We can see in this Sellfy review that the basic free plan is enough to get the job done for most, but depending on your business needs, you may need to invest in a higher-priced plan.
Either way, it will be well worth it because the platform handles everything running a successful online shop, including hosting your products and processing your payments, delivering your products, and automatically sending download emails.
You can sign up for free and sell up to 10 products on the free forever plan. You’ll never be billed for anything unless your business grows to a point where you need to upgrade to one of the premium plans. You don’t even need a website to get started!
Sellfy lets you get started selling your product in seconds with just a link. No need to worry about digital product storage or delivery or payments, which means you can focus your full attention on creating great stuff for your website.
Check out what these users had to say about the platform:
Are you ready to stop sitting on your ideas and sell them instead? If so, sign up for a 14-day free trial on Sellfy with no credit card required.