The eLearning industry continues to expand at a breathtaking pace, and if you have plans of jumping on this bandwagon, you need a reliable platform that will help you deliver engaging educational programs. One such platform is iSpring Suite.
iSpring Suite Max is a pro solution that has all the tools you need to create stunning online courses in record time. It’s a robust powerpoint-based set of tools that allow you to create online courses and quizzes, as well as interactive role-plays and video lessons, among many other things.
There’s also a well-curated content library with thousands of eLearning assets, characters, and templates designed to help you build outstanding courses faster and easier.
If you do purchase iSpring Suite, I’d be grateful if you supported me by clicking on this link to purchase.
Is iSpring Suite Worth it?
If you want a powerful and affordable tool that will help you deliver high-quality presentations, quizzes, videos, and various other materials under a single authoring suite, then iSpring Suite is a great option to consider.
It’s certainly worth it in terms of ROI because it will save you tons of additional time, labor, and costs by providing you with all the tools you need to create engaging courses in one convenient place, and for a single affordable price.
With the iSpring Suite Max Edition, you get:
- Video and Audio editing
- Webcam Recording
- Screen Recording
- Quiz Making
- Dialogue Simulation
- PowerPoint File Converter
- iSpring Converter Pro: This tool makes your courses viewable on any device with a browser.
- iSpring Flip: Convert your PowerPoint, PDF, or Word files into a flipbook to publish your content to an LMS or website in HTML5 format.
- iSpring Space: This provides you with cloud access and up to 20 GB of storage space, as well as an online authoring tool.
As you can see, this is so much more than just a PowerPoint tool (although that does play a huge role in how you create your courses).
All these different elements are brought together seamlessly to help you create exciting and interactive educational content.
You can add iSpring Learn to your course creation and publishing arsenal if you’d like. This is a learning management system that integrates seamlessly with iSpring Suite so you can manage your learners easily.
Who is iSpring Suite Good For?
iSpring Suite is ideal for anyone who wants to create and share educational content.
It’s a fully-fledged eLearning authoring tool that is ideal for individuals, businesses, schools, and workplaces of all sizes.
With the iSpring Suite software, educators can create everything from basic slides to media-rich courses which they can then upload to an LMS to administer and track.
In short, this software is great for absolutely anyone who needs an effective tool to create:
- Video tutorials
- Video lectures
- Dialogue simulations
- eBooks with page-flipping effects
…and much more.
iSpring Suite Functionality
After downloading a trial from this page, you will login to iSpring Space using login details that were sent via email. From there, you’ll see your team’s workspace where you’ll be able to start creating online micro-courses and learning programs.
Creating a new course on iSpring’s dashboard is easy.
Simply click the blue “Create” button and the online authoring tool will be launched allowing you to create new pages and quizzes.
The iSpring Suite toolkit lets you create powerful courses and other learning resources. To install it, just click the round button located at the top right-hand side of the page:
Select “Download Suite App”.
Follow the prompts to install the app, launch it, and then log in with your iSpring Space details, and that’s it.
Now you’re ready to work and you can choose what you want to create from the different tabs on your dashboard, which include:
- Quizzes or Surveys
You can create an entire slide course in PowerPoint that includes any of the options outlined above.
You can start from scratch with a new course or open one of your recent projects by clicking “Open”.
You’ll be taken to the PowerPoint interface where you’ll see a new tab, iSpring Suite.
Beneath that, you’ll see everything you need to add learning content to slides.
You can run a preview to see what your course is going to look like once it’s published. Your course will work great on all devices, including desktops, tablets, and phones.
With iSprings Suite, you can easily record audio and video by choosing these buttons:
You can also add quizzes, interactions, or dialogue simulations that you’ve already created by selecting them on the left-hand side and choosing the one you want to add.
Alternatively, you can record your screen, and you also have access to the content library which contains thousands of assets, including:
- Complete slides templates
- Icons, etc.
Here’s an image of some of the characters you’ll find in the vast content library:
Once you’re ready to publish your course on the web, you can do so in a number of ways:
- Publish directly to your computer in HTML 5 format.
- Publish to iSpring Space which is an online space for collaboration and teamwork on courses.
- Publish to iSpring LMS (or another LMS) using one of the many different supported standards, such as SCORM or XAPI.
- Publish your content directly to your YouTube channel.
So, for instance, if you want to publish your course to iSpring Space and share it with your team, you can name your course and choose the project you want to upload it to.
Now you can click “Publish” and in just a few minutes, your upload will be complete.
Note that it might take a little longer if you have a lot of audio and video files in your course.
Once your upload is complete, select “Manage Content” and iSpring Space will open up automatically so you can view your course online.
You can also share your link with stakeholders so they can give you feedback on your content.
If you want to publish your computer, make sure your project is named properly and then select where you would like to save it.
You can then go ahead and hit “Publish” and your project will be saved in HTML5 format directly to the selected folder.
From here, you have four options:
- Open: You can open the file viewer to see where your project has been published.
- Email: You also have the option to email your course
- FTP: Open an FTP manager to transfer your course to a web server
- Zip: Create a zip version of your published files.
- View Course: You can also click the “View Course” button to see what your published course looks like.
And that’s how to make a course with iSpring Suite Max.
Now, let’s take a look at some of this software’s core functionality:
1. Ease of Use
iSpring’s authoring tool integrates seamlessly into PowerPoint with all the different options available under a single dedicated tab.
This makes it easy for you to find what you’re looking for when building your online courses and learning programs.
When you open the iSpring Suite dashboard for the first time, you’ll see a detailed YouTube beginner’s guide with an overview of the entire suite, not just the cloud features.
When you launch the software on Windows, you’re taken to a course template and a quick-start guide opens up in your browser.
You get a live demonstration that shows new users how to turn any PowerPoint presentation into a course (or other types of learning materials) and upload those into your LMS.
The cloud service makes collaboration between multiple stakeholders easy. Now you can create online courses without the hassle of integrating third-party tools in an effort to get different team members to work together on your projects more efficiently.
2. PowerPoint Integration
iSpring Suite has a lot of powerful tools that you can use to build and distribute your eLearning content.
One of these tools is PowerPoint integration.
The software is based on PowerPoint, and you can access all of its features via an additional tab within the Microsoft program, as shown below:
In other words, you have the ability to use PowerPoint as a base while accessing more advanced features through the iSpring ribbon to give your learning material extra appeal.
For instance, this tab has a link to a library containing over 68,000 images, templates, and various other multimedia.
With the latest release of the software, you get a standalone interface that you can use to access the different features and some of the tools even work by themselves, including the Flip, QuizMaker, Audio-Video Editor, and TalkMaster.
This panel in PowerPoint gives you access to the Audio-Video Editor in iSpring. With this tool, you can record high-quality video and audio content from your WebCam or computer microphone.
It’s perfect for narrating slides and there are additional features that let you fade in and out, silence parts of the track, remove noise, and even move parts around.
4. Dialogue Simulator
iSpring’s TalkMaster tool is ideal for creating dialogue simulations between learners and characters.
You have the ability to use custom backgrounds and images that better reflect your brand and style.
All you have to do is choose a character avatar and specify their demeanor. You can then type what they say and this will set the scene for the interaction. The learner can then choose the appropriate reply from multiple response options.
5. Screen Recorder
If you need to demonstrate computer-based tasks, the iSpring screen recorder is a perfect way to capture whatever’s going on on your screen. This too is especially is helpful for tutorials, demos, and video tours.
6. Quiz Maker
The versatile Quiz Maker tool lets you choose from graded-style or survey-style questions depending on whether you need quizzes for data collection, interactive tests, etc.
You’ll also find introduction templates that include forms for capturing user details, as well as slides with quiz creation instructions.
Interactions provide you with an easy way to involve learners and help them retain more information.
There is already a process for triggers and hyperlinks on PowerPoint, but with iSpring Suite, you get an improved version that includes engaging template choices so you don’t have to waste time creating interactions from scratch.
iSpring Suite Pros and Cons
There’s no denying that iSpring Suite comes with a ton of benefits for users. But, like all other software tools, it also has a few drawbacks.
Let’s take a quick look at some of its pros and cons so you can get a better idea of whether or not this software is right for you.
- User-Friendly Interface: iSpring Suite works within the PowerPoint environment which is familiar to many users.
- Free Version: There’s a free version of the software that’s limited to creating quizzes and embedding specific types of web content.
- All-in-One Professional Software: This suite of tools offers you everything you need to quickly and easily build online learning courses.
- SCORM-Compatible: The courses you create in this platform are compatible with SCORM and various other learning management systems.
- Not Ideal for Non-Office Users: While powerful, this software is quite limiting for anyone who doesn’t use Office365.
The pricing for iSpring depends on the features you want.
For instance, you can get the full iSpring Suite or you can opt for specific features to cater to your individual needs.
Here’s a quick look at the different plans offered on the platform:
- iSpring Free ($0/year)
- Scaled-back version of PowerPoint
- Quiz Maker
- Embed YouTube videos and web objects
- iSpring Suite Max: $770 – $970/year
- $820/year/author – 3 authors
- $770/year/author – 5 authors
- iSpring Space for online course authoring and collaboration on any device
- Access to Content Library with over 68,000 eLearning assets
- iSpring Suite Audio-Video Editor
- iSpring Suite Dialogue Simulator (Interaction Editor)
- iSpring Suite eBook Maker
- iSpring QuizMaker
- Live tech support via phone, chat, or email
- Regular Free Updates
- iSpring Suite Only $620 – $770/year
- $770/year/author (no cloud space or content library)
- $650/year/author – 3 authors
- $620/year/author – 5 authors
- iSpring Learn LMS (Should be purchased separately)
- $3.66/month/user (billed annually) 50 Courses, 100 Users, 1 authoring tool
- $3/month/user – Unlimited courses, 300 users, 1 authoring tool
- $2.82/month/user – Unlimited courses, 500 users, 2 authoring tools
In addition to the different features outlined above, you can also purchase some tools individually.
These include the following:
- iSpring Pro Converter – $270/year: PowerPoint to SCORM and HTML5 converter.
- Quiz Maker – $370/year: Ideal if you only want to create quizzes and interactions.
- Presenter – $470/year: You get video tools in addition to all the free features.
- Page – $97/year: Cloud authoring tool.
- Cam Pro – $227/year: This gives you the video tools only.
- Flip – $227/year: Flip-book creator tool.
For people who don’t normally use PowerPoint, this software presents a bit of a learning curve. Fortunately, the platform has a robust support team that is always on hand to assist you every step of the way.
You’ll have no issues getting the answers you need from iSpring Solutions because you can get support in a number of ways, including:
- Email: Get help at any time from the platform’s award-winning customer support team. They are available 24/7 to answer your questions and provide technical aid.
- Chat: You can receive assistance via chat on any page on the platform. There’s always someone on hand to assist you.
- Phone: You can also get instant help by calling support, although this service is only available on the higher-tier plans.
- YouTube Tutorials: iSpring provides a range of detailed walk-throughs to show you how every aspect of the course creation software works.
- Knowledge Base: If you want to dive deeper, there’s a knowledge base filled with how-to guides and helpful posts where you can learn all the tips and tricks to help you get the most from the platform.
- Social Media: Other helpful support options include Twitter and Facebook Messenger. These social groups and community forums are a great way to gather helpful insights from other users.
iSpring is a cloud, Saas (Software as a Service), and web-based tool.
You can also download it for Windows, although there isn’t a version available for Mac.
This platform is a versatile and integrated way of delivering online learning.
It comes perfectly integrated with Microsoft Powerpoint and has all the tools you need to design eCourses with screencasts, videos, interactive assessments, role-plays, quizzes, and much, much more.
Also, the content produced using iSpring’s suite of tools works perfectly with all modern LMSs with no additional integrations required to resolve compatibility issues.
Is iSpring Suite Legit?
iSpring Suite makes it easy for you to create all kinds of educational courses and materials from PowerPoint.
It’s perfect for you if you already have a background in using PowerPoint, but the intuitive software also makes it easy even for total beginners to get started creating and publishing engaging content.
You’ll find tons of helpful videos and how-to guides on the platform, as well as a responsive and knowledgeable customer support team that’s always available 24/7 to provide answers and solutions to anyone in need.
Coupled with iSpring’s Learn LMS, this affordable tool will provide you with absolutely everything required to create, collaborate, and manage your online education program. To begin, click here to download Spring Suite for free.