Pay-per-click, or PPC, advertising is used across many different digital platforms including Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and more. PPC ads are well-known for increasing brand awareness, generating new leads, and ultimately creating converts. However, if PPC ads are not properly managed, your costs could quickly exceed revenue. That’s why my team and I created this list of the best PPC management software.
What’s the best pay-per-click (PPC) management software? Simple. It’s one that can run itself and provide you with good revenue on a daily basis without the need for you to constantly monitor the process.
Your PPC software should help you extract maximum value from your ad spend in order to justify the initial investment of time and effort you put into setting everything up.
With that in mind, here are some of the top PPC management tools that offer a hands-free experience by automating tedious tasks while delivering exceptional results to keep you ahead of the competition.
What is the Best PPC Management Software?
Best Overall PPC Management Software (Starts from FREE, then $85/month)
Adzooma is an all-in-one platform that offers a system to simplify every aspect of your online marketing so you can say goodbye to complex, time-consuming marketing campaigns.
Designed for all levels of marketing experience, this pay-per-click software comes with simple step-by-step instructions for quick setup and easy optimization and management of your digital marketing campaigns.
You’ll be up and running in just minutes regardless of your skill level or experience. If you are already advertising, you’ll be able to easily connect all your accounts so you can manage, automate, and optimize your campaigns from one convenient place. This means you’ll be able to scale to new levels without adding to your workload.
- Easy Setup: When you sign up on Adzooma, you get a personalized step-by-step checklist to help you hit the ground running.
- Cost-Effective Digital Marketing: The platform allows you to set up advertising campaigns on Facebook, Google, and Microsoft under one roof.
- Vast Resources Offered: Adzooma offers a wide range of resources to help you improve your digital marketing campaign so you can grow your business faster.
Adzooma has a free Essentials plan that lets you set up, track, and manage your PPC advertising campaigns. But, if you want to get advanced features, automation, and optimizations, you have to upgrade to the Adzooma Plus plan which costs about $85/month.
Best PPC Management Services for Managing Both PPC and SEO (Starts from FREE, then $99.95/month)
If you’re ready to get measurable results from your online marketing campaigns, then SEMRush is a great platform for you to consider.
It comes with a wide range of tools that allow you to do everything from PPC and social media marketing to SEO, content marketing, and competitor research – all from one platform.
Get started for free by entering your domain, keyword, or URL on the website homepage and you’ll immediately get actionable insights on how to improve your marketing campaigns.
- Optimize Ads Spend: SEMRush comes with tools to find the best keywords for your PPC campaign so you can reach more prospects while spending less.
- Advertising Toolkit: This feature allows you to monitor your competitors’ landing pages and ad copy and analyzes Google shopping ad campaigns.
- All-In-One Platform: There’s no need to integrate other tools to complement your other digital marketing strategies, such as SEO, content marketing, social media, etc.
SEMRush allows you to get started for free, and you can get full access to all the platform’s tools for digital marketing campaign management for $99.95/month.
Best PPC Management Software for Reports (Free Trial, then $208/month)
Optmyzr is perfect for single brands whose ad spend is less than $10k. The pay-per-click software makes it easy for you to extract maximum value from your ad spend by providing you with all the necessary tools to stay in control, simplify PPC management, and handle more accounts in less time.
You’ll be able to start optimizing your ads in just five minutes with no integrations, no code, and no invasive changes to any of your existing setups.
The process is simple. First, the platform helps you create search and shopping campaigns exactly the way you want. Next, the software’s algorithms will test and monitor your ad campaigns to provide you with actionable insights and alerts.
Finally, review opportunities according to industry best practices and apply suggested changes in a single click to optimize your campaigns.
- Customizable Reports: Optmyzr allows you to create and customize reports that showcase your campaign results with unique visualizations.
- Free 14-Day Trial: Sign up for a 14-day free trial to get full access to the platform’s features.
- Award-winning platform: This PPC management software has consistently won the Global Search Awards in the UK, US, and Canada.
Pricing for Optmyzr starts at $208/month for brands with a monthly ad spend of $10k or less. Sign up for a free trial or schedule a demo to see how you can benefit from this software.
Best PPC Management Software for PPC Ad Rank Tracker ($33/month)
SpyFu’s marketing revenue engine helps you boost your profits thanks to an impressive range of tools that includes a PPC analyzer, SEO marketing suite, competitive analysis, custom reporting, and backlink outreach.
There’s no need to integrate any third-party tools or apps, and you can take care of all your marketing and advertising needs from one convenient place.
Some of the main features of the platform include PPC competitor research, negative match recommendations, Google Ads keyword spy tool, and many others. With all the actionable insights you’ll get from this platform, you’ll be able to turn data into customers easily.
- PPC Ad Rank Tracker: SpyFu comes with a tool to track the impression share and ranking progress of your main keyword groups.
- Google Ads Advisor: Get the best Google Ads keyword research tool on the market to analyze your competitors’ bidding history.
- Ad Test History: Browse the complete Google Ads campaign history of your competitors to see which keywords didn’t work out for them so you know what to avoid.
You can try SpyFu risk-free thanks to the platform’s 30-day money-back guarantee. Paid plans start at $33/month to get unlimited access to all the data you need for successful PPC campaign management.
Best Software for Managing Google PPC Ads (Free)
Google Ads Editor is an effective PPC tool for businesses that use the Google Ads advertising platform. It has a straightforward, easy-to-use interface that makes it easy to manage your PPC campaigns.
Other features include the ability to work on your accounts offline by downloading your campaigns. You also get bulk editing tools that you can leverage to make instant changes to all your accounts at once.
The ads editor makes it easy to search and replace text, undo and redo changes, and move items across multiple campaigns. You can review your changes before you execute them across your campaigns.
You also have the ability to import and export files so other team members can review them and propose changes.
- Work Offline: Download your campaigns so you can work on them even when you are offline.
- Bulk Editing Tools: Save tons of time by making changes to all your ad accounts all at once.
- View Performance Statistics: Easily keep track of all your important campaign metrics, such as click-through rate (CTR) cost, position, conversion, and other information.
Google Ads Editor is free to download and use.
Best PPC Management Software for Microsoft Brands (Free)
Microsoft Advertising Editor is a great option for brands that advertise on Microsoft and its many affiliate networks, including Bing, Yahoo, etc.
With this platform, you’ll be able to create all your ads with just a few clicks. You’ll also get some helpful features designed to improve your ad’s performance. Access the entire lifetime of your campaign data for deeper analysis and advanced optimization of your PPC ad campaigns.
All in all, Microsoft Advertising Editor is a powerful pay-per-click campaign management tool that will allow you to streamline all your PPC management efforts for optimal results.
- One Tool To Do It All: With this single platform, you can import your Google Account data and easily manage all your campaigns from one place.
- Multiple Account Management: You can download many accounts and copy/paste from one to the other, as well as perform multiple imports from Google simultaneously.
- Leverage Bulk Edits: Directly create campaigns and make edits to your ads. Easily manage millions of keywords and URLs, ad copy, bids, budgets, targeting, ad extensions, etc.
Like Google’s Ad management platform, Microsoft Advertising Editor is free to download and use.
Best PPC Management Services for Targeting Segmented Audiences (Free Trial, then $49/month)
Adespresso offers tools for split testing and optimization in order to help you find your ideal clients on Google Ads, Facebook, and Instagram.
The platform makes it easy for you to create your ad campaigns across different channels in minutes. Manage all your campaigns in one place and analyze each campaign to get deeper insights on how to optimize your results.
You’ll also get tools to collaborate effectively with your clients and teams, as well as resources designed to help you grow your ads effectively.
- Easy Ad Management: The platform offers simple and powerful tools that allow you to manage all your online ads in less time.
- Robust Campaign Analysis: View only the metrics you need to track and improve your campaigns so you don’t waste time sifting through hundreds of data columns.
- PDF Reporting: The platform’s automated PDF reporting tool will help you save time when generating Facebook Ads reports.
Adespresso offers a free 14-day trial with access to all the platform’s core features after which you can upgrade to a premium plan for $49/month to remove account limitations.
A Great Alternative to Google Ads Editor (Free Trial, then $99/month)
Opteo is a better way to manage your Google ad campaigns. It offers Smart recommendations to improve the performance of your Google ads. This means you can spend less time getting lost in performance data and more time on meaningful work that actually moves the needle for your campaigns.
When you sign up on the platform, you get a complete toolkit that will provide you with constant monitoring of your Google Ads accounts so you get statistically significant patterns.
Whenever something comes up, you’ll receive a notification with suggestions for improvements that you can push live to your Google Ads accounts within seconds.
- Monitor Performance Issues: The platform monitors and diagnoses performance issues and sends you detailed performance graphs that you can easily view and share.
- Improvement Recommendations: The platform continually gives you recommendations on improvements you can make to boost your conversions.
- In-Depth Google Ads Reports: You can create custom reports with your colors and branding to help show stakeholders the value Google Ads brings to your business.
You can sign up for a free 30-day trial on the platform and premium plans start from $99/month for up to 25 accounts.
9. Kantar Media
Best PPC Management Software for Search Intelligence Database (Custom Pricing)
There are many areas in which Kantar Media can help your business succeed through a deeper understanding of your audience. One of these areas is PPC management.
The platform will help you make informed marketing choices to maximize the effectiveness of your ad campaigns at every stage.
With features such as advertising, intelligence, audience measurement, and campaign ROI optimization, this platform has everything you need to create and manage successful pay-per-click campaigns for your business.
- Large Search Intelligence Database: With over 900,000 PPC advertisers, Kantar Media claims to have the industry’s largest search intelligence database that allows you to analyze competitors and keywords across 14 different search engines.
- PPC Program Optimization Tools: The platform has an impressive range of advertising and paid search intelligence products to help you target specific markets in their keywords.
- Content Detection: This is one of Kantar Media’s advanced technologies that allow you to identify what, when, and where relevant content is used by consumers so you can inform your PPC campaigns accordingly.
You can contact Kantar Media to get a custom code on each of their specific services, including PPC Management.
Best PPC Management Services for Optimizing Ads (Free Trial, then $99/month)
Adalysis offers paid search automation for both Google and Microsoft ads to help you accelerate your PPC growth the smart way. You’ll be able to boost your conversions and returns for less ad spend and in a short time.
Get started with a free trial or request a demo on the website to see how this platform’s tools can help take your PPC automation to a whole new level.
- Robust Analysis Tools: Get in-depth analysis at your fingertips to help you make data-driven decisions.
- Power Tools for Optimization: Make use of 40+ power tools to build profitable PPC strategies at scale.
- Automated Daily Audit Checks: Stay informed about your account and achieve peace of mind with the platform’s 50+ daily audit checks.
Adalysis offers a free trial to test out the PPC management software for 14 days. You can upgrade to the premium plan with unlimited accounts and no contract. Plans start from $99 for brands with an ad spend of up to $50K.
Best PPC Management Software for Discovering Keywords for PPC Ads (Free Trial, then $29.90/month)
This is yet another powerful PPC platform designed to help you achieve keyword success by providing you with tools to research your competitors’ keywords, find lucrative longtail keywords, and get data and actionable insights on how to dominate local search.
The platform also has a range of other tools, including a keyword analyzer to help you find the best phrases used by clients to search for the information they need.
- Easily Find Lucrative Keywords: Whether for PPC or ranking opportunities, this platform has tools to help you find the best keywords.
- Intuitive Platform: Unlike many other tools of this kind, KWFinder is extremely intuitive, which makes it easy to use even for those with no prior experience.
- Search Volumes and Search Trends: Get search volumes with historical data so you can create content based on hot topics and relevant trends.
Pricing for KWFinder starts at $29.90/month and includes up to 100 keyword lookups per 24 hours. Among other features for PPC campaigns and PPC management tools for digital marketing strategy with Google Analytics or paid search campaigns. You can sign up for a free 10-day trial with no credit card required.
Best Free PPC Software and Keyword Tool for SEO and PPC Ads (Free)
Google Keyword Planner allows you to choose the right keywords to get your ads in front of your target customers.
The tool is free to use and lets you discover new keywords and phrases related to your products and services.
You’ll be able to select the most relevant terms for your business and gets deep insight into current trends and how searches have changed over time.
- Free Keyword Research Tools: The platform provides you with the tools to choose the right keywords and terms.
- Get Bid Estimates: Google Keyword Planner provides you with suggested bid estimates for all your keywords so you can determine your ad budget.
- Powerful Integrations: The platform integrates with a range of other tools, including Google Ads Editor, Google Ads Mobile App, and Performance Planner to help you streamline your PPC management efforts.
Like most other tools from Google, the Keyword Planner is free to use. Simply sign up on the site, and you can get started managing your PPC campaigns right away.
Best PPC Management Software for Unified Data Profile Feature (Custome Pricing)
QuanticMind is a fully integrated AI PPC tool that provides quote-only services to a wide range of customers.
The platform is ideal for enterprise users and helps you analyze massive amounts of PPC data to find hidden patterns and opportunities to optimize your campaigns by learning from the buying habits of your customers using PPC management software tools without needing to hire marketing agencies.
You’ll be able to find the intent behind the important keywords in your niche so you can focus only on relevant and profitable keywords in your campaigns.
- Unified Data Profile: Feed marketing, sales, advertising, and customer data into a unified data profile to turn data silos into revenue growth.
- Best-In-Class Enterprise Solution: QuanticMind is trusted by some of the biggest enterprise brands, including MOZ, Windstar Cruises, and Archer Education.
- Centralized PPC Bid Management: The platform provides you with powerful PPC bid management and automation tools to boost acquisition, revenue, and ROI.
Request a consultation on the site to find out more about the platform’s pricing plans.
Best PPC Management Tools for Team Collaboration (Custom Pricing)
Managing paid search, shopping, and display ads on Google or Microsoft platforms isn’t for the faint of heart. The search for customers requires growth strategies designed to help you outpace competitors.
For the most part, you’ve built something great, but your fastest route to sales – PPC – can sometimes be the most wasteful.
JumpFly can help by providing you with tools to gain performance longevity and avoid the time and money pitfall while fast-tracking your sales.
- Strategy: Objectively collaborate on growth objectives and create a powerful strategy playbook.
- Full Management: Build, maintain, analyze, and tweak your ad campaigns on constantly changing search platforms.
- Transparency: Your history with Google Ads or Microsoft Advertising and your account are is a business asset to the platform’s clients.
You can contact the platform’s customer service team to find out more information on pricing by filling out the contact form with your details.
Best PPC Management Software for Marketing Auditing Tools (Custom Pricing)
Your search is over for the perfect PPC digital marketing agency to help you grow to the next level!
With over $1 billion in ad spend experience and thousands of 5-star reviews as one of Google’s Top Companies, this platform can get you results.
The free marketing audits help identify gaps in your digital marketing strategy in order to help you reach more of the right people and get them to take action with your business.
- Free Audit: 46% of total clicks go to the top 3 paid ad positions search pages and the platform works to put your business there so you don’t miss out on any traffic.
- In-Depth Marketing Audit: Explore different ways to reach your business goals using Google Ads.
- Paid Search Management Services: The platform applies cohesive strategies to help you generate and nurture your leads through the entire buying process.
Request pricing on the website’s contact page and the customer support team will get back to you promptly.
What is PPC Management Software?
PPC (pay-per-click) management involves creating or buying digital ad campaigns to advertise your business, product, or services to your audience. Then, with the use of analytics data, you’ll be able to optimize your campaigns and increase ROI (return on investment) on your PPC affiliate programs.
PPC management includes tasks like:
- Keyword research
- Bid management
- Ad copywriting
- Ad optimization
- Competitor analysis
… and many others.
As you can see, PPC management involves quite a lot of different tasks, and for this reason, using a PPC management platform is important if you want to get the best results from your ad campaigns.
PPC management software is a tool that allows you to manage, modify, and track the performance of your campaigns. It lets you build your campaigns with bidding amounts and budgets and allows you to place PPC links on various channels, including Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Bing Ads, etc.
The best PPC tools also provide you with keyword suggestions and other opportunities to implement changes that contribute to your revenue growth.
For instance, a tool like Adzooma lets you track your customer’s entire journey and seamlessly connect revenue to PPC campaigns, keywords, ads, and more.
With such insights, you can develop and build personalized marketing strategies for your business with the highest possible ROI.
Types of PPC Management Tools
There are many different types of PPC management tools you can choose depending on the type of PPC advertising you’re doing.
These include the following:
- Paid Search Marketing: This is the most common type of PPC advertising and it involves showing ads from Google Ads, Bing Ads, and other providers to users searching for specific keywords.
- Display Advertising: Display ads are banner, image, or text ads that appear on different websites, selected to target particular audiences. These types of ads will link to your site and they generally return lower click-through rates than search ads but are extremely useful for creating brand awareness.
- Social Media Advertising: Facebook, Instagram, and other social platforms are great places to connect with high numbers of potential customers. PPC social media advertising can help you target specific demographics and interests in order to achieve a higher click-through rate to your site.
What Features to Look For in PPC Management Tools
The first step in choosing the right PPC management solution is to understand the typical features of such products.
Here are the important features to consider when choosing the best pay-per-click software.
1. Keyword Research and Organization: This is the linchpin of PPC software and you must choose a platform that focuses on providing you with relevant keywords and a way to manage and monitor them easily.
Your PPC software should also offer automated keyword suggestions, as well as analyze and implement thousands of relevant search terms without the need for you to conduct a manual intervention.
2. Campaign Management: Manage the entire process of campaign planning and execution, including keyword selection and grouping, budget management, bidding, and keyword updates.
3. Bid Management: Define, manage, and modify the bidding amounts for keywords across different channels.
4. Budget Planning: Set PPC budgets and ensure that campaign costs do not exceed the designated budget.
5. Reporting: Track campaign performance metrics (such as click-through rate, cost, and conversion rate) and return on investment (ROI) of campaigns.
6. A/B Testing: Experiment with different variations of a PPC campaign by running A/B test campaigns to see which version performs better.
7. Pricing: The price of your pay-per-click software is another important factor to consider before making your choice. You want a platform that offers affordable, growth-focused plans with all the features you need.
Fortunately, most platforms offer a free trial so you can get to know the pros and cons of each package before determining which one is the best fit for you.
Best PPC Management Software — Summary & Top Picks
With the right PPC management platform, you’ll be able to quickly and easily create and manage successful PPC campaigns to generate traffic and leads and boost your business’s ROI. While finding the right software may be difficult, hopefully, this article has helped you find the right tool for your advertising needs.
When selecting PPC management software, there are a few things to consider: how well the software allows you to optimize and edit PPC ads, the availability of keyword research and discovery tools, the ability to manage other marketing and advertising forms including SEO, analytics and reporting tools for PPC ad data, availability of features like bid management and budget planning, A/B testing integrations, and overall costs of the software.
Here Are My Top Picks for the Best PPC Management Software: