Everyone is familiar with the adage, “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail”. This is especially true of marketers who are looking to develop successful marketing campaigns.
Marketers work hard to plan marketing campaigns, organize media, gather data, analyze results, and collaborate effectively with others in marketing, sales, and customer service teams.
But, without the right tools, you risk wasting budget and productivity due to a wide range of inefficiencies in your marketing processes, or in various other areas, such as communication and resource management.
In order to get a good return on your marketing efforts, you need to have the right marketing planning tools at your disposal.
The right marketing planning software will help you align your team, improve communication, and stay on top of everything to ensure that all your goals and deadlines are met.
This guide takes a look at the best marketing planning software currently available in order to provide you with all the information you need to choose the solution that is right for you.
So, if you’re ready to put messy spreadsheets, hand-drawn roadmaps, and awkward presentations behind you, let’s get started finding you the perfect planning tool to meet your marketing needs.
What is the Best Marketing Planning Software?
Best Marketing Planning Software for Paid Campaigns ($9/month for 3 users).
If you like to have the entire sales funnel mapped out at the start of your campaign, then this platform is a great one for you to consider.
It’s an all-in-one marketing tool that has features for planning, executing, projecting, and optimizing your overall market strategy.
You have everything you need in one convenient place so you can stay on top of every stage of your marketing journey.
Features include map campaigns, team collaboration, project management, and many others. There are 10 built-for-marketing mini-apps, including:
- Email Sequences
- Blog Planner
- Ad Set
- Social Plan
- Keyword Planner
- Live Mode
- Map and Plan Campaigns: The platform’s marketing canvas allows you to give your entire marketing campaign a single home for easy management.
- Team Collaboration Features: Keep everyone on the same page, assign tasks, add comments, chat, send files, and get progress notifications.
- Run Dynamic Projections: Never overspend or undersell on your marketing plan again. Project CPC, total ad spend, conversion rates, and calculate ROI before starting your campaign.
MarketPlan’s pricing is simple. There’s a free plan that is ideal for one user. For additional users and unlimited features, you can upgrade to the Starter, Pro, or Agency plans.
Get Started With Marketingplan.io
Best Marketing Planning Software to Maximize Productivity ($8/seat/month).
On Monday.com’s drag-and-drop platform, teams can build customized dashboards that support any workflow.
Collaborate on new ideas in one convenient location and assign tasks to different colleagues in order for everyone on the team to know exactly what to do and how to prioritize. Then schedule content for publication on the calendar for all of your campaigns.
From ideation to execution, Monday.com makes it easy for teams large and small to plan campaigns more efficiently than ever before.
- Maximize Productivity: The platform allows you to streamline your work. You can centralize your tools and files into a single Work OS.
- Drive Business Impact: Bring teams together to collaborate effectively at an organization-wide level.
- High-Level Overview: Get a high-level overview of your organization with customizable dashboards.
Monday offers a free plan with up to 2 seats. This is ideal for individuals looking to keep track of their work. If you require more seats or additional features, you can sign up for the premium plans which start at $8/seat/month.
Best Marketing Planning Software for Real-Time Collaboration (9.80/user/month).
Wrike is a fast-growing online marketing plan software with a diversified, international customer base. It is the perfect tool for teams of over 20 people and comes with enterprise-level security and scalability.
Manage your projects from start to finish with Wrike. Execute a seamless campaign with Wrike’s powerful marketing planning features.
Streamline your intake using custom request forms and collaborate with others in real-time. You can also plan projects and share results, shorten feedback loops using built-in proofing tools, and much more.
- Customized Features: Tailor the platform to your own specific needs. Customize every aspect to suit your organization with team-specific automation.
- Real-Time Collaboration: Work in real-time across your entire organization. Eliminate needless meetings and endless email threads with this one powerful collaboration platform.
- Industry-Leading Security: Take advantage of Wrike’s robust security systems for peace of mind and full control over your data.
You can get started on Wrike for free. If you want to upgrade, you can choose from a range of plans designed for teams of different sizes. Plans start from $9.80/user/month for the Professional plan which is ideal for 5-15 users.
Best Marketing Planning Software for Timeline Viewing ($10.99/user/month).
Asana is a marketing planning tool that helps teams streamline their work, from daily operations to strategic initiatives.
With Asana, you have the ability to connect all your work in a single place and bring marketing teams together, anywhere. From lists and boards to calendars, Gantt charts, and more – organize work your way.
Join more than 114,000 paying organizations across 190 countries that use Asana to get more done.
- List View: Organize and assign tasks easily with lists that let teams see at a glance what they need to do.
- Timeline Viewing: This feature lets you see how the project maps out over time so you can manage any unscheduled, overlapping, or dependent tasks.
- Boards: Use boards to help your team focus on what’s important at that stage of work and for you to see where things get stuck.
You can use Asan for free by signing up on the website. Premium pricing starts at $10.99/user/month, billed annually. The Business plan costs $24.99/user/month and is ideal for companies that manage projects across various channels
Best Marketing Planning Software for Robust Work Management ($7.50/month/3 users).
ActiveCollab goes beyond tasks and subtasks. The platform has features such as workload management, task dependencies, real-time collaboration, time tracking, timesheets, budgeting, profitability, powerful reporting, and more to help you run successful projects, create smooth workflows, and offer excellent client service.
With this powerful platform, great marketing campaigns are just around the corner.
- Work Management: The platform provides you with the system that will support the development and completion of your projects.
- Task List: No more marketing one task after another, now you can mark entire lists as done with a single click.
- Automation: Get rid of tedious repetitive work by selecting multiple tasks to edit all properties at one time.
Like most other marketing planning tools on this list, you can use ActiveCollab for free. However, to unlock the full potential of the platform, you’ll need to upgrade to one of the paid plans which start at $6.25/member/month for the Pro plan.
Best Marketing Planning Software for Multichannel Campaigns (Get Custom Quote on Website).
Marmind is a software tool that combines campaigns and budgets, as well as results and insights into one central marketing plan.
The platform has features such as Budgeting/Forecasting, Roadmapping, Collaboration, Goal Setting / Tracking, Media Planning, Predictive Analytics, Project Management, Spend Management, etc.
It allows you to achieve better planning, improved team collaboration, and a comprehensive analysis of marketing activities.
Using this platform, marketers can gain control over their marketing in order to make smarter investment decisions.
- Interactive Marketing Calendar: See all your marketing activities at a single glance so you can stay on top of your multi-channel campaigns.
- Budgets and Spending: Develop a top-down marketing budget and track spending effectively for all your campaigns.
- Real-Time Performance Monitoring: Automatically display all your performance data in a single place for easy visualization.
If you want to find out more about how Marmind works, simply book a demo on the website and the customer service team will reach out to you to help you learn how to use the platform to optimize resources and increase your marketing ROI.
Best Marketing Planning Software for Streamlining Your Workflow ($5/user/month).
ClickUp is another popular project management, task tracking, and professional goal management tool. It’s a fundamentally new way to work that brings separate apps like docs, spreadsheets, resources, tasks, and goal tracking together in one place.
It’s the convergence of the best productivity and collaboration apps, which essentially makes it the one marketing app to replace them all.
- All-in-One Platform: This one tool replaces a lot of other marketing tools, such as Google Hangouts, MS Teams, Slack, and more.
- Whiteboard Feature: This platform allows you to bring your ideas to life with easy-to-use whiteboards.
- Robust Integrations: With ClickUp, you can bring all your apps together under one roof thanks to the many different integrations available.
ClickUp has a free forever plan that is best suited for personal use. It comes with 100 MBs of storage and unlimited tasks.
However, if you want to get additional users and unlimited features, then you must upgrade to one of the paid plans which start at $5/member per month.
Most Affordable Marketing Planning Software for Teams ($5/user/month).
Visual collaboration tool for shared project perspectives. From sales and marketing to HR and operations, teams can design and customize Trello to fit their unique needs and work styles.
Trello helps users from sales and marketing to HR and operations. It is one of the best marketing planning software.
With many customizations and designs, it is one of the best available in the market. It offers cross-team collaboration and can be integrated with other essential tools like Google Drive, Jira, Slack, etc.
- Trello Board: Lists and cards allow you to organize your work so everyone knows their assignments, timelines, productivity metrics, and more.
- Powerful Integrations: Integrate all your work tools and apps that your team already uses to streamline your workflow.
- Growth Focused Pricing: Whether your team is made up of 2 or 2,000 people, Trello has a tailor-made plan for you.
Trello offers a range of affordable plans. You can sign up for free, and use up to 10 boards for your workspace. For additional space, and more advanced features, upgrade to a premium plan for just $5/user/month.
Best Marketing Planning Software for Saving Resource Hours (Request Pricing on Website).
Screendragon is a work management platform for enterprise teams. The cloud software will help you manage your projects, processes, and people from one central place so there’s less running around and more automation of important processes.
Trusted by some of the world’s leading organizations, Screendragon helps businesses in all industries to streamline and scale their processes for success.
- Improve Campaign Speed to Market: This platform is focused on helping you get your campaigns off the ground quickly so you can start to see a return on your investment.
- Save Resource Hours: Screendragon offers real performance improvements where you’ll be able to see measurable reductions in hours saved p/a.
Screendragon’s pricing can be obtained by making a request on the website. Fill out the form on the pricing page and the support team will get back to you with all the information you need.
Best Marketing Planning Software for Project Planning ($8/user/month).
Taskworld focuses on task and project management. This is yet another versatile marketing planning option that allows managers to define the schedule and have full control over the work that teams need to do.
The features include time tracking and timeline views, as well as a marketing calendar, file management, and predictive analytics. Members can also communicate in a chat with private and public messages.
Taskworld stands out from its competitors when it comes to security. There are specific features for that, such as privacy options, backups, cryptography, and a privacy shield certificate. The software is available in the cloud and on-premises. Also, it aligns perfectly with GDPR and other privacy regulations.
- Streamline Your Workflow: Taskworld allows you to streamline your entire workflow through the use of project management, file management, team messaging, and time-tracking tools.
- Project Planning Features: Align your entire team toward a common goal with project templates, calendars, multi-view tools, etc.
- Analytics: Taskworld has great analytics features and an interactive dashboard that provides you with real-time views of your team’s workspace activity.
Taskworld has a free plan that you can use to manage a single workspace. If you require more users, you can upgrade to the paid plans which start at $8/user/month, paid annually.
- Bitrix24: Free CRM, collaboration, and communication tool suite.
- DivvyHQ: Content planning, workflow, and analytics for marketing teams.
- Filestage: A review and proofing platform for marketing teams and agencies.
- Paymo: Task Management, Time Tracking, and Accounting for SMBs.
- Airtable: Cloud-based organization and collaboration tool.
- Bionic Media Planning Software: Marketing planning and analytics software
- Demo Wizard: In-store demo scheduling solution for retailers.
- Factors.ai: Amplifying your Marketing ROI with this powerful platform.
- Ravetree: Award-winning work management solution.
- ProWorkflow: Project Management and Time Tracking for all businesses.
What is Marketing Planning Software?
Marketing planning software is a tool that allows you to plan, manage, track, and predict the success of your marketing campaigns.
The tools mentioned in this guide come with a wide range of features, but for the most part, marketing planning software allows you to achieve the following:
- Reduce the amount of time you spend on repetitive or tedious tasks when planning your marketing campaigns
- Eliminate the hassle of juggling different apps manually
- Streamline and automate your campaign planning and management process
- Consolidate plans and budgets for your marketing activities in one place
- Gather data and analyze for insights on how to boost your marketing ROI
- Remove inefficiencies in order to grow your business and drive more sales
With the right marketing planning tools, analysts, project managers, creative designers, and other team members can work together and get access to shared data. Companies can set budgets and define goals, with the ability to measure progress with greater ease and accuracy.
Types of Marketing Planning Software
Marketing planning software comes in many different forms. You’ll find some standalone tools that focus only on marketing planning solutions.
There are the tools that are offered as part of a larger, more diverse set of project management tools.
Yet other marketing planning platforms are integrated with marketing analytics solutions.
The offerings are diverse and varied, and the tool you choose will depend on your specific needs.
Fortunately, the variety of features means that you’ll be able to find a tool to cater to your entire business process regardless of your needs.
What Features to Look For in Marketing Planning Software
Whether you need a marketing planning tool to organize your marketing processes or streamline collaboration, they are some common features to look for when choosing the best marketing planning software, such as:
1. Clean User Interface: A clean, modern, and appealing UI are one of the first evaluation criteria to consider. You want a platform that won’t take long to master so you don’t have to suffer through an inordinately long learning curve.
2. Usability: Check if the platform is designed for ease of use so even total beginners can learn and master it quickly. The software should also offer reliable customer support, user tutorials, training, etc.
3. Collaboration Features: Your marketing team should be completely in sync, and if you need to work with the sales, customer service, and other teams, the platform should enable you to do so easily.
4. Planning and Scheduling: The tool you choose should offer creators ways to plan and schedule your work projects with other stakeholders, easily share information in real-time, and track projects tasks and milestones using calendars and conversation tools.
5. Data-Rich Dashboard: The marketing arena is ever-changing, and your success will depend on having the appropriate metrics on hand, so choose a platform with a visually appealing dashboard that makes it easy for you to read and understand your data.
Marketing Planning Software Summary & Top Picks
Marketing calendar software will help you simplify your marketing campaigns, from budgeting and forecasting to multichannel activities to team collaboration, project tracking, and more.
If you are a small business owner, marketer, or agency that needs tools to help you plan a successful marketing campaign so you can generate more sales, use the information in this guide to help you make the right choice.
To assist in that regard, here are my top 3 picks:
- Marketplan.io: Best Marketing Planning Software for Paid Campaigns ($9/month for 3 users).
- Monday.com: Best Marketing Planning Software to Maximize Productivity ($8/seat/month).
- Wrike: Best Marketing Planning Software for Real-Time Collaboration (9.80/user/month).
As you’ve seen, there are a great many marketing planning solutions available to you.
Any of the tools mentioned in this guide will help you and your team create effective marketing plans and collaborate with the right people to run successful campaigns and grow your business.