Whether you’re looking to host a job board on your website or create a website entirely dedicated to job listings in a specific industry, properly listing positions for candidates and allowing companies to submit job postings can be quite a technical challenge. I know this from personal experience as I’ve created numerous job-focused websites and dealt with all of the headaches to try to code things from scratch. After dozens of hours trying to create the perfect solution, my team and I conceded that it’s easier to use software that specializes in this area and researched every solution available. In this post, I’ll go over our findings to save you a TON of time and help you understand what the best job board software is for your organization.
What is the Best Job Board Software?
Best Overall Job Board Software (Free Trial, then $125/month).
The jBoard job board builder has some of the best features of any job board platform currently available on the market. It offers a user-friendly admin dashboard with detailed documentation that will help you set up your job board with just a few clicks.
It gives job board owners great job board SEO, advanced monetization tools, a resume database, and no code jobs scraping.
On the employer’s side, it gives them a great user experience of posting a job and an intuitive dashboard where employers can manage all their job postings, view the job applications, and search in the resume database of existing candidates.
On the job seeker’s side, it enables them to apply for a job with just a few clicks, manage their public profile information, and view all the job applications they have sent. Overall it’s a powerful tool with reasonable pricing and advanced job board features.
- Customizable Theme: This allows you to customize your job board theme to match your branding and add a unique feel to your job board.
- Great SEO: Your job boards will have excellent SEO optimization right out of the gate. And the additional tools that they provide allow you to further optimize your job board SEO based on your niche.
- No-Code Job Aggregation Tool: This unique tool that jBoard offers allows starting job boards to aggregate jobs from different career pages and job boards. The tool will help you to start and grow faster since you will have enough content from day one.
JBoard’s Lite plan starts at $125/Mo and has plenty of features, including custom pages and 3,000 active jobs. You can upgrade to the Standard plan for $225/Mo, the Advanced plan for $425/Mo, or you can get the Enterprise plan for a price determined by jBoard, based on your needs.
Best Value-For-Money Job Board Software ($103/month)
Niceboard is the preferred job board software for anyone who wants to unlock the value in their audience.
This can be a school, VC fund, community, or business. Whatever your needs, the software will provide you with the tools to generate value for your audience and grow your business.
You’ll be able to offer a seamless job hunting experience thanks to the intuitive dashboard. Employers can easily post job openings, find the best applicants, and fill their open positions. Generate a new stream of revenue for your business that is sustainable over the long term.
- Best-in-Class Design: The job board is designed to help you provide a seamless user experience for job searchers.
- Simple Administration: The intuitive and straightforward dashboard makes it easy for you to customize and manage your job board.
- Business Growth Tools: The platform is engineered for profitability with an SEO-first approach and a strong focus on monetization.
Niceboard plans start from $103/month. There’s no setup fee and you can save 20% by paying annually. The Pro plan costs $143/month and the Business plan is $223/month.
Best Job Board Platform for Recruiting Teams (Starts from free)
Freshteam from Freshworks is a powerful job board software that will transform your entire recruitment strategy. You can sign up for a free 21-day trial to start publishing jobs immediately.
Set up a personalized career site in just minutes and post to multiple job boards from one dashboard.
Publish jobs to curated social media channels and create exclusive job portals for any of your internal jobs. You also have the ability to accommodate external vendors, making it easier to work with them.
- One-Click Job Publishing: In a single click, you can post a job vacancy on all major job boards and social media platforms.
- Impeccable Candidate Experience: You’ll be able to find the best candidates thanks to the platform’s Candidate 360 feature which shows you all candidate information in a single screen view.
- Hire As a Team: The platform allows you to onboard your hiring team so you can discuss candidates, leave private or public comments for each other, and make solid hiring decisions.
You can get started with Freshteam for free. This plan is perfect for basic HR for small organizations with less than 50 employees. If you need to upgrade, you can do so by paying a $59 platform fee/month plus $1/employee/month.
Best Job Board Platform for Enterprise Businesses ($449/month)
JobBoard.io is an easy-to-use job board software that requires no installation of software whatsoever.
You don’t need coding knowledge or servers and with the platform’s instant setup, you can be up and running in minutes with a free 14-day trial with no credit card required.
The platform has launched over 2,000 job boards for well-known customers like TechCrunch, City and State, Politico, and the Royal Meteorological Society.
It’s 5-star rated with features like eCommerce, Profile Database, Smart Search, Blogging, and more.
There are also integrations with other job boards, including Indeed.com, ZipRecruiter, BroadBean, Talroo, and Multiposting.
- Intuitive Admin Panel: This powerful tool makes it easy to manage your job board. Customize job board settings. Manage and edit listings. Track who purchased, how much they paid, who applied, etc.
- Frictionless Apply Process: The application process on JobBoard.io is elegant and seamless with integrated tracking. You’ll know at a glance how your clients’ jobs are performing.
- Responsive Mobile Design: The software is mobile-friendly out of the gate and you don’t need to worry about having a separate app for a job board.
JobBoard.io’s pricing plans are simple. You can get the Basic plan for $449/month or the Professional plan for $649/month. Contact the support team for more information on the Enterprise plan.
The platform offers a free 14-day trial with no credit card required. Pay-as-you-go, no contracts.
Best Job Board Platform for Ease-of-Use ($299/month)
SmartJobBoard has built a more robust and flexible job board platform that is touted as the easiest and most cost-effective job board software on the market.
You can sign up for a free 14-day trial or book a demo to discover how this platform can serve your business.
It’s easy to set up and manage, and once that process is done, your job board will basically run on autopilot.
There are powerful admin tools, including a built-in admin dashboard that shows you how your job board is doing. Features include sales tools, resume postings, job postings, job alerts, and applications sent.
There are also tools for job seekers such as the job-search feature that refines searches to easily identify the perfect roles by category, location, salary range, etc.
- Powerful Suite of Tools: The platform has all the tools you need for businesses, job seekers, employers, and job board administration.
- SEO and Marketing: You get job category pages with optimized URLs, titles, meta-descriptions, etc. to help improve your website ranking.
- Integrations and Plugins: The platform has integrations with applicators like Indeed, ZipRecruiter, etc. so you can display jobs from those sites.
SmartJobBoard has simple pricing. You pay as you go and there are no hidden fees. You can sign up for the Premium plan for $299/month billed annually. Alternatively, choose the Enterprise plan which starts from $599/month, giving you savings of over $2,400 per year if you pay annually.
Best WordPress Job Theme ($69 one-time fee)
Jobify is a popular turn-key job board WordPress theme that comes with a lot of great features. It has high-quality code built with the best development practices for the latest version of WordPress.
It’s regularly updated and extra features are routinely added to enhance each theme. You’ll find detailed documentation on the theme websites to help you get the most use from your purchase.
The theme is fast and SEO friendly. You never have to worry about it slowing down your WordPress website or disrupting your SEO rankings.
There’s free support included when you purchase the theme. You can request one-on-one technical support from the dedicated team at any time.
Best of all, the theme is simple to set up and easy to use. This way, you can spend less time setting up your job board and more time earning.
- Endless Design Options: You can easily change your color scheme, typography, layouts, and the overall style of your job board to match your brand.
- Turnkey Job Board: Populate your new job board with existing job sources from different websites and generate passive affiliate revenue from your visitors.
- Advanced Geolocation Filtering: You can use the latest web technologies from Google to ensure relevant candidates or job listings are easy to find.
Jobify has a single pricing plan which means no surprises. Purchase the WordPress job theme for $69 and get automatic updates, 6 months of technical support, regular feature enhancements, and detailed documentation.
Best Job Board Platform for Publishers (Request pricing on the website)
Adicio provides white-label platforms for job boards. When you sign up for Adicio’s CareerCast, you get innovative software that will help you grow your business and brand.
You also get award-winning industry networks and next-generation matching technology, exclusive traffic driving tools, and much more.
This is what gives this platform an edge over other job board software solutions. You’ll not only be able to create a quality job board, but you also have the ability to drive targeted visitors to your site so you can effortlessly grow your business.
- Powerful Suite of Products: With CareerCast, the job board platform is just the beginning. You also get tools to help you maximize revenue and increase traffic so you can own your market.
- White Label Job Board Software: Combine white label branding, data ownership, and established community to bring value to job seekers and advertisers.
- Revenue-Generating Upsells: Use CareerCast posting products to generate new revenue streams. These include social media channels, industry networks, and CareerCast Premium upsells.
The platform doesn’t disclose pricing, but you can request more information from the main office by contacting them via email or phone. Details are provided on the website’s contact page.
Best Job Board Software for Internal Hiring (Pricing by request)
OTYS offers recruitment tools and provides job board software to make it easier for companies to manage internal hiring processes.
When you sign up for the OTYS Go! package, you get the all-in-one recruitment solution which comes with administration tools and an SEO-optimized, mobile-friendly, and up-to-date recruitment website.
There are also linked databases and websites so you can recruit faster and find more targeted talent. Use the Hunt and Select feature, and Autoscore feature for a seamless procedure.
Manage and analyze all your processes with dashboards and reports. This tailor-made recruitment software does it all so you can free up your time to find suitable candidates.
You can request a demo on the site to see how you’ll be able to operate your entire business automatically using this one system.
- Tailor-Made Solution: This cloud-based recruitment platform has many implementation options, making it ideal for different target groups.
- Job Vacancy Websites: OTYS web allows you to create a template or custom job vacancy website that is easy to find online thanks to powerful SEO or SEA techniques.
- OTYS Academy: Learn more about the recruiting platform as well as the recruitment field in general with insightful workshops on outsourcing, online marketing, writing job vacancy texts, etc.
In order to get more information about how this platform works and the different pricing plans available, simply request a demo on the website and the support team will get back to you.
Best Platform for Local Job Listings ($49 one-time fee)
MarketGrabber provides you with a job board, directory, and classified ads software. This is a powerful, easy-to-use platform that has been the preferred choice of thousands of customers worldwide.
You can choose a single product or any combination of the different MarketGrabber software options to create the perfect website solution for your business.
Choose from job board software, directory software, classifieds software, events software, multi-edition software, and customizable software.
The white-label job board is customizable to match your brand and has beautiful responsive designs with features that include advanced search, remote listings, employer directory, and resume search.
- Responsive Mobile-Friendly Design: The platform gives you full functionality across all devices which means visitors can search, post, or apply from anywhere.
- Banner Ad Placement: Generate additional revenue using banner ads on your site. Integrate with ad networks like Google AdSense or use graphics, videos, and pasted code.
- Integrations for Increased Exposure: You can integrate the platform with Google for Jobs to allow your postings to show up in Google’s job-search network and drive additional traffic to your job postings.
MarketGrabber is offered at a one-time fee of $699. Once you purchase it, you can add your logo and color scheme to customize your job board to your liking. Alternatively, you can opt for design services at an additional fee of $199 where the platform’s design team spends two hours working on your site.
Best Job Board Platform for Community-Based Organizations (Pricing by request)
JobBoardFire allows you to create a job board your community will love. You get tools to boost organic reach and drive engagement, generate revenue, and grow your business by launching a reliable job marketplace.
The platform is perfect for communities, publishers, B2B SaaS, associations, and niche job boards.
You’ll be able to grow and become the authority for your niche thanks to the brand-building tools including search engine optimization (SEO) on autopilot, Google for Jobs integration, and much more.
- Automatic Job Alerts: Keep people engaged in coming back for more with automatic job alerts on the platform.
- Lead Capture: In addition to engaging anonymous visitors before they can bounce, you can also capture leads from visitors and companies.
- Sell Job Posts: You can sell job posts and job post packs to help you generate revenue from employers who want to advertise to your talent pool.
If you’d like to learn more about the platform’s plans and pricing, simply get in touch with the customer service team on the website to get a personalized quote for your needs.
Best Job Board Platform for Recruitment Agencies (Pricing by request)
This white-label recruitment platform comes packed with a ton of impressive features and functionality.
It has all the tools you need to build a successful recruitment business and handles the technology so you can focus on the growth of your job board.
You are assured of a great customer experience thanks to the platform’s ongoing usability research, as well as conversion rate optimization strategies.
You also get benchmarking and recruitment trend analysis to help you stay ahead of your competition.
- Responsive Design: The platform comes with a clean UX configurable layout that is mobile-friendly and tablet-friendly.
- Document Processing: Extract data from DOC, DOCx, PDF, JPG, and any other type of document. There’s also automatic CV generation and a fully-featured CV editor.
- Employer Branding: When you sign up on the platform, you get a company landing page, header branding, top companies, and top jobs options.
If you’re ready to take a tour to see just how this platform can work for you, simply request the demo on the website and the customer support team will get back to you.
Best Job Board Platform for VCs and Accelerators ($200/month)
This job board platform provides the tools your network needs to hire faster. The automated private talent network makes it easier to connect people and companies within your network.
You can use one job board for the entirety of your network’s opportunities and it will be updated automatically to save you time.
You have the ability to make introductions among the companies and talent in your network without having to undergo any of the usual back and forth.
This way, you’ll be more likely to discover the hidden opportunities lurking under the surface of your network.
- GetroJobs: A single, unified board that is updated automatically to keep you on top of all your network’s opportunities.
- GetroNetwork: This feature allows you to invite the best people and companies to join, initiate valuable introductions, and watch new relationships happen in a natural way.
- Remote first company: Getro.com is a remote-first company that will help you build a healthy culture while attracting talent from all over the world.
Getro.com offers two pricing plans. An Essential plan with GetroJobs that costs $200/month for up to 30 companies and a Pro plan that comes with both GetroJobs and GetroNetwork.
Best Job Board Platform for Colleges and Universities ($295/month)
This job board software is ideal for larger organizations that want to deploy a full-featured job board complete with eCommerce support.
It has powerful administrative tools that allow you to keep an eye on job board statistics, modify emails, manage users or memberships, update pages, generate reports, and much more.
It’s also search engine optimized which means your jobs will get maximum reach and rankings. Additionally, you can broadcast your job postings by creating job feeds that you can export in different formats, such as RSS, Indeed, JuJu, and more.
This way, you’ll be able to give your jobs greater reach by broadcasting them to different job aggregators.
- Quick and Easy Deployment: This powerful platform is built for ease of use and comes with robust technical support.
- Powerful Employer Tools: These include web and email resume agents, built-in application tracking, adding pre-screening questions to job postings, etc.
- Robust Job Seeker Tools: Provide whole jobseekers with an account home page of their own with a can save unlimited jobs to their inbox, create email job alerts, manage resumes, etc.
The pricing for Jobbex’s platform is simple. You can sign up for the standard plan which costs $295/month plus a one-time setup fee, or the eCommerce plan which costs $495/month. If you have unique business requirements, you can contact the team for a custom quote.
Best Open-Source Job Board Software (Free download)
JobberBase is an open-source job board software that allows you to create job websites. It is to job sites what WordPress is to blogging.
This option is for tech-savvy users who know all about open-source development and have the ability to create and manage their own job board as opposed to using ready-made job board software like the other options on our list.
The software, which was created in 2007, has been downloaded over 100,000 times and is loved by developers who use it to speed up their work.
- Free to Use: JobberBase is free and open-source software, which means you can download and use it for free.
- Access to Code: Unlike the other options on this list, this software gives developers access to the code for advanced customization capabilities.
- Data Security: Open-source development is more secure, which makes it the better alternative for those who require stringent security measures for their job board.
JobberBase is free and open-source software (FOSS) which means it is free to download and use.
Best Job Board Platform for Associations ($249/month).
HiringOpps is the next evolution in job board platforms. It comes with impressive features, such as video interviews, text (SMS) messages, job imports, and scraping.
On the platform, you also get Zapier integration to set up third-party integrations with email marketing websites and various other tools.
You get a built-in applicant tracking system (ATS) as well as the ability to customize your workflow to meet your business’s unique hiring process.
- 100% Whitelabeled: Use your own domain and website so all communications from the job board are sent from YOU.
- Search Engine Optimized: Your job posting will be listed in Google for Jobs, Google, and being automatically thanks to built-in SEO and reach content features.
- Social Network Sharing: Companies can share jobs on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other places.
HiringOpps costs $249/month for the Basic plan. The more popular Professional plan costs $449/month and you can opt for the Corporate plan which costs $699/month. Request a demo on the platform to see how this software will work for you.
What Is Job Board Software?
Job board software is a tool that allows you to host a job board similar to Indeed or GlassDoor. It has features that help connect employers with ideal candidates by posting and promoting job vacancies.
It also enables candidates to subscribe to the board so they can be notified whenever relevant job ads are posted.
Types of Job Board Software
There are several different types of job board software, each with its own unique features and capabilities. These include the following:
Standalone Job Board Platforms
Standalone job platforms are designed specifically for creating and managing job boards. They typically include features such as job posting, resume management, applicant tracking, and reporting.
Recruitment CRM Software
These platforms are designed to manage the entire recruitment process, from sourcing candidates to onboarding new hires. They typically include features such as job posting, resume management, applicant tracking, and candidate management and are usually best for organizations hiring many employees at a time.
Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
While these aren’t technically job boards, they help manage a critical part of the process. These are platforms that are designed to manage the application and resume review process. They typically include features such as resume parsing, candidate matching, and interview scheduling.
Social Recruiting Platforms
These platforms are designed for you to post jobs and source candidates through social media channels. They typically include features such as job posting, resume management, and social media integration.
Enterprise Job Board Software
Generally reserved for larger companies, enterprise job board software does everything else already mentioned but has advanced features such as integration with existing HR systems, compliance, and security.
What Features to Look For in Job Board Software
Here are the most important things to consider to help you choose the right job board software to suit your needs.
- Customization Capabilities: Choose software that allows you to customize your job board’s appearance.
- Customization for Jobseekers: Having a job board that allows you jobseekers to receive customized job alerts will create an improved user experience.
- Administrative Features: Look for software with features like application tracking, profile deletion, bulk job listings import, managing resumes of candidates, etc.
- Social media integration: Many applicants are actively looking on social media for new positions, so make sure your job board software has functionality to help you quickly and easily tap into that audience.
- Ease of Use: Your job board should have a modern interface that is easy to navigate and use.
- Free Trial: Opt for a job board solution that allows you to sign up for a free trial so you can test out the software before committing to a paid plan.
Best Job Board Software — Summary & Top Picks
This guide has outlined some of the top job board software options on the market right now. Keep in mind that there are different types of job board software suitable for different needs, and make your choice accordingly.
When selecting job board software, you should always consider the overall costs, whether it is a standalone option or a website builder integration, what third-party integrations are available with the software, how many jobs you can host, ease-of-use, other job recruitment tools available, and customization capabilities for jobseekers and employers.
My Top Picks of the Best Job Board Software Are: