There are many different strategies to increase conversions on your website, but figuring out which are best requires regular A/B testing. When you perform an A/B test you show similar pages with slight differences to different individuals in your target audience to figure out which changes best increase conversions. To help you perform tests that generate the best data for conversions, my team and I compiled this list of the best A/B testing tools.
When it comes to marketing success, running A/B tests and multivariate tests is a crucial process. Whether you’re a seasoned marketer who’s always been good at optimizing conversion rates or a one-person show trying to get people to convert for the first time, conducting multiple tests is crucial to your success.
According to CXL, 68% of businesses do at least four monthly tests.
If you’re serious about increasing your business’s conversions to impact revenue positively, you need A/B testing tools to help.
Today’s post will explain what A/B testing platforms are the best based on my decade of experienceas an online entrepreneur and internet marketing expert.
What Are The Best A/B Testing Tools?
A/B testing compares different app or web page variations to determine which version performs better.
It’s essentially an experiment involving two or more different page versions shown to users randomly. Statistical analysis then determines which variant is better for a particular conversion goal.
After testing many of these different A/B testing tools at various companies throughout my career, I’ve been able to break my list down to my top A/B testing platforms on the market.
If you aren’t sure what you need in an A/B testing tool, I recommend clicking here.
Here is my list of the best A/B testing tools on the market.
Best Overal A/B Testing Tool (Pricing Based on Traffic Size)
Categorized by Forrester as a challenger in the latest Experience Optimization Platforms (EOP) wave, the Kameleoon offers everything Optimizely does but isn’t nearly as expensive. It’s also HIPAA compliant.
This testing tool allows you to quickly and easily run advanced A/B tests, split tests, and multivariate test variations.
Since it has a strong personalization solution, Kameleoon has more than 45 native segmentation criteria to help you target users based on their behavior, location, acquisition channel, and much more.
You can easily link your customer data platform to Kameleoon to create highly individualized and optimized experiences.
In addition to client-side A/B/n testing, Kameleoon offers a full-stack solution and AI-powered personalization for enterprise brands. You can start with one software and easily add on others as your program matures.
Everything is managed and organized in one dashboard, making it easy for marketers, product managers, and developers to maximize engagement and conversion.
Experts in A/B testing and CRO highlight that Kameleoon makes it easy to test often and constantly innovating.
For instance, its full-stack software also offers feature management and feature flags solutions.
Kameleoon’s success stories generated 97% more leads thanks to its AI, which predicts who will convert and when your site should trigger a targeted action.
Best for Medium-sized and large businesses or any team serious about its optimization work and cares about value, data security, and scalability.
- A fast and flicker-free script that weighs in at 37 KB.
- Robust QA mode that allows users to send previews of tests via URL (no login required)
- Drag n’ drop segmentation editor and targeting are among the best ab testing tools.
- Code editor and integration with Git so that developers can work in their environment.
- Dynamic traffic allocation (a multi-armed bandit)
- Native integrations with Shopify, Segment, Tealium, Hotjar, and Mixpanel
- Customizable dashboards and filters that display the ROI and performance of your experiments and personalization.
Pros of Kameleoon:
- There are no limitations in subdomains, testing traffic size, or the number of variations or tests. Pricing stays fixed for the year.
- Super easy to use and powerful compared to other tools. Launch tests in minutes.
- Made for all teams,
- Works well on advanced websites, digital products, and mobile apps, e.g., single-page applications (SPA)
- Easy to scale from client-side to server-side testing (full stack)
- Has AI that is conversion-focused
- Large SDK and integration library
- HIPAA, GDPR, and CCPA compliant
Kameleoon pricing depends on your traffic size over the last year (to account for seasonality). Once you have a price, it’s locked in for a year. So if you grow, you won’t have to pay more. There are no hidden fees for user seats or caps on testing traffic sizes.
Best A/B Testing Tools for Tracking Micro-Interactions ($25/Month)
This a/b testing tool has a core visitor intelligence technology that uses predictive analysis to develop actionable insights to help you make better-informed marketing decisions. With JustUno’s A/B testing tool, you will improve user experience and increase your website’s traffic conversion.
Despite its low price, this tool offers a way for marketers to get powerful and lasting test results from the data provided.
Combining user sessions with your audience’s micro-interactions, JustUno layers intelligent data into each product and feature to help you find hidden segments and discover new opportunities to grow your business.
Best for: Digital marketers, eCommerce, Publishing, and SaaS companies who want to increase conversions, get new leads, generate more sales using targeted messaging and website promotions.
- A/B Testing: Test design and content variations to discover the one that resonates with your visitors.
- Omni-Channel Messaging: Deliver targeted messaging that has a unified brand voice.
- Audience Segmentation: Intelligent segmentation allows you to divide visitors into sub-groups for more relevant messaging.
- Advanced Targeting: Laser-focused behavioral targeting rules easily segment your audience’s behavior patterns.
- Analytics: Data completeness and quality give a solid competitive edge to marketers.
Pros of JustUno
- The platform is extremely easy to use, even for total beginners to A/B testing.
- Works perfectly for cart recovery, improving sales, and boosting subscribers.
- Features pop-up offers to help you capture new leads and customers.
- It allows you to target specific customers on your website with customized messaging.
- Multiple templates to choose from when running campaigns.
JustUno starts at just $25/month. There is also a 14-day free trial as well as a free version.
Most Affordable Premium A/B Testing Tool ($17/Month)
Zoho PageSence lets you measure your website’s key metrics so that you can understand the behavior of your online visitors.
This allows you to give them a more personalized website experience that will ultimately boost your conversions. With this tool, you will complete A/B tests and conduct effective conversion optimization for your website.
Considering the low price, the Zoho PageSense is equipped with an intuitive user interface and an impressively wide array of features.
As a result, PageSense makes it easy for businesses to streamline the CRO process.
Best for: Zoho PageSense is ideal for small and medium-sized businesses that provide services. Travel websites, SaaS companies, eCommerce, and digital marketing agencies.
- A/B Testing: Test small changes to your websites for a large impact on your bottom line.
- Split URL Testing: Change your website’s layout entirely to identify the best version.
- Personalize: Create unique and personalized experiences for individual visitors.
- Goal Tracking: Set goals for your website and measure your business’s objectives.
- Funnel Analysis: Add and optimize pages that enhance your visitor-to-customer journey.
Pros of Zoho PageSense:
- With this testing platform and tool, each visitor can interact with your web pages quickly and easily.
- Wide assortment of tools and features, including heatmaps, form analytics, and test scheduling.
- The A/B testing tool is great for gaining deep visitor behavior insights.
- A simple, easy-to-use visual editor that requires no developers or technical know-how.
- Inexpensive pricing puts Zoho PageSense within range for all types of businesses.
Zoho PageSense has a free version and offers a free trial for the paid version, which starts at $17/month.
Best For Landing Page A/B Testing ($79/Month)
Unbounce is a popular landing page creator that offers powerful A/B testing tools to help you find the best-performing pages on your website.
The testing platform enables you to convert your website visitors into leads, customers, and sales. In addition, the tool has a simple drag and drops editor that allows you to build and publish your landing web pages quickly and easily, without the need for a developer.
The testing tool provides conversion intelligence insights that enhance your skills and intuition, delivering the best performance for every campaign.
Unbounce is designed to do one thing: help you create and optimize your website’s landing pages, and they do it extremely well.
Best for: Marketers, agencies, eCommerce, SaaS businesses looking for a landing page solution that is easy to use and helps maximize conversions.
- A/B Testing: One of the most popular landing page testing solutions on the market.
- Landing Pages: Build, customize, convert, and optimize your pages using the easy-to-use visual editor.
- Popups and Sticky Bars: Create, target, and trigger conversions.
- Integrations: Unbounce works with much other marketing automation and CRM tools.
- Account Management: Helps big teams or agencies to stay organized.
Pros of Unbounce:
- Landing page templates offer a convenient resource for those starting from scratch.
- Solid split testing capabilities for quick and effective results.
- The user interface is simple and easy to use, great for beginners.
- They are designed to integrate smoothly with various other testing and marketing software.
- Unbounce allows agencies to share capabilities with their clients.
Unbounce plans start at $79/month. You can also get a free 14-day trial.
5. Adobe Target
Best A/B Testing Tool for Enterprise Businesses (Price Available on Request)
Adobe Target is an enterprise tool that provides rule-based testing and personalization. It can integrate with multiple platforms such as Google Analytics to create reports that you can use for UX testing, personalization, and making marketing offers. This powerful tool increased Sprint’s order conversion by 22%
With it, you will figure out the offers, experiences, and messages that engage your audience the most. Then, the tool walks you through a simple 3-step workflow for creating the variant, targeting it according to visitor segmentation, and customizing the test goals and settings.
Again, the emphasis is on targeting, evident from the tool’s exciting automated personalization feature.
Best for: This enterprise A/B testing and personalization platform is best for medium to large businesses with large-scale, high-powered testing requirements.
- Multivariate Testing: Adobe Target lets you test different combinations of your segmented audience using their visual editor.
- Multi-Armed Bandit Testing: This feature allows you to allocate traffic to your most successful experience automatically.
- AI-Powered Personalization: Easily automate content and product recommendations with Adobe Sensei.
- Mobile App Optimization: This tool will help you carry out website optimization and the different layouts combinations to attract more customers to your website.
- Enhanced Reporting: You can integrate Adobe Analytics for enhanced reporting.
Pros of Adobe Target:
- This tool is part of the Adobe Suite.
- It allows you to create one profile in Adobe Marketing Cloud that you can share between solutions.
- Adobe has deep insight reports for offers, audiences, and influencers.
- It’s easy to create personalized content for complex audiences.
- Geolocation data for testing and optimizing mobile and web experiences.
Adobe Target pricing is available on request.
Best A/B Testing for Small and Medium Businesses ($29.99/month)
EngageBay’s marketing platform offers a powerful Email A/B Testing (Split Testing) feature for optimum outreach.
This feature allows you to test multiple variations of an email with different subject lines till you find the best possible variant.
This improves user experience, getting visitors to open your email and reducing bounce rates.
Moreover, it enhances the CTR (Click-Through Rates) substantially. Moreover, with EngageBay’s A/B Testing tool, you can test two separate images that you feel your audience may find attractive and then use the one that generates the higher click-through rate.
Now, you can automate tests and be free of manual repetition. Pre-set the criteria around which you would like to measure different campaigns, and let EngageBay’s email marketing automation take care of the rest.
Best for: Startups and small to medium businesses, agencies, solopreneurs, etc.
- A/B Testing: This allows you to determine how variations perform on multiple devices.
- Split Testing: Split traffic between the control page and different variations.
- Multivariate Testing: Experiment to find the best combination by testing multiple elements.
- Targeting: Segment the website visitors you send to your experiments.
- Personalizations: Send 100% of qualified traffic to your winning variation.
- Goal Tracking: Use specific goals like page visits and clicks to track qualifying visitors and measure the performance of test campaign variations.
Pricing is highly competitive, and the Marketing stack can be purchased as standalone software, with the most basic plan starting at $7.99/month.
It increases as you scale but is still one of the most affordable solutions in the market today.
Or Check out my In-Depth EngageBay Review
Best Cloud-Based A/B Testing Solution (Price Available on Request)
Visual Website Optimizer (VWO) offers A/B testing as a larger service. The platform is used by over 5,000 enterprise brands, including Target, eBay, and Virgin Holidays.
It is specifically tailored for enterprise brands, and the suite allows you to create and run A/B tests, multivariate tests, and split URL tests using a drag and drop editor.
The cloud-based solution allows you to perform test variations on campaigns, products, features, apps, and websites. You can analyze the test results via the robust dashboard.
There’s also a SmartStats feature that uses Bayesian statistics to assist you in running faster tests. This gives you more control of your A/B tests and helps you arrive at more accurate conclusions.
Best for: VWO is most helpful for marketers, developers, UX/UI professionals, and website teams serious about split testing and personalization but has smaller budgets.
- Heat Maps: The Visual Website Optimizer offers a simple visual representation of your data using color-coding to show how visitors browse through your site.
- Visitor Segmentation: Easily determine which segment a visitor qualifies for so you can run appropriate tests and gain deeper insights on user behavior.
- Goal Tracking: Use specific goals like page visits and clicks to track qualifying visitors and measure the performance of test campaign variations and conversion optimization.
- Data Export: VWO’s data export services allow you to quickly and easily access all your event data.
- Traffic Allocation: Dynamic traffic allocation helps you achieve statistical significance much faster.
- Session Recording: VWO allows you to turn on the recording of user sessions, so you better understand how they navigate your website.
- Multiple tests: You can easily run various tests simultaneously since it has both the code and visual editor.
Pros of VWO Testing:
- VWO offers many enterprise features normally found in much larger tools for a lower price tag.
- Serves as an experimentation platform to do A/B tests on websites, applications, or products.
- Deep segmentation lets you segment traffic by devices, location, and campaigns, which quickly helps you achieve statistical significance.
- This software goes beyond the usual 50-50 traffic division by offering variant percentage segmentation.
- Heat maps and form analytics are included with all A/B tests to give you a clear visual picture of how your page is performing.
- Features are arranged in a very simple manner that is easy to understand.
Pricing is based on traffic and features, and it ranges from $199/month to $467/month.
Best A/B Testing with CMS (Price Available on Request)
This digital experimentation software is among the industry’s leading A/B testing tools and CRO (conversion rate optimization) platforms.
This tool is used by enterprise marketing, engineering, and product teams, and this tool offers solutions that help you meet your website optimization needs as your business grows.
You don’t have to be tech-savvy to navigate this software since it’s quite user-friendly and can be used on mobile apps, but features such as advanced targeting segmentation come in handy.
With Optimizely, you have powerful A/B and multivariate testing tools at your disposal.
In addition, with the Optimizely web experimentation tool, you can conduct multiple experiments on a single page, all simultaneously, giving you the ability to test different variables of your app or web design.
Best for: The experimentation platform is aimed exclusively at enterprise customers, making Optimizely perfect for medium to large businesses with a large traffic volume.
- Multivariate Testing: Quickly determine the combination of variations that perform the best.
- Experiment Scheduler: Start and stop campaigns at specific times.
- Engagement Tracking: Discover how actively involved your audience is with your content.
- Image Hosting: Convenient image hosting service for easy optimization.
- Traffic Allocation: Send the desired percentage of qualified traffic to your experiment.
Pros of Optimizely:
- Get tests set up and running in just 5 minutes
- After publishing an experiment, it’s live immediately
- It’s an experimentation platform and framework designed for web, mobile, television, game consoles, etc.
- No need for developers when conducting tests
- Convenient Customer Success Managers
- Ideal for placing hotfixes on your website
Optimizely pricing is available on request.
Best Free Solution for A/B Testing (FREE)
Google Optimize is the free version of Optimize 360, an A/B testing tool that allows you to create and test different website variations.
It is built on Google analytics, which you need to use the tool.
Although free, the Google Optimize tool is undoubtedly a robust option. With it, you can run simple A/B tests, multivariate tests, and split-page tests using the visual editor.
You also have access to rich behavioral insights and the ability to target any valuable audience segments that you discover using Google Analytics. It’s amazing how much a business can get done with this free tool.
Best for: Businesses of all sizes who want to get started in split URL tests and conversion rate optimization.
- A/B Testing: Find the best-performing page from multiple versions.
- Multivariate Testing: Experiment to find the best combination by testing multiple elements.
- Targeting: Segment the website visitors you send to your experiments.
- Personalizations: Send 100% of qualified traffic to your winning variation.
- Visual Editor and Code Editor: Choose between simple visual edits and advanced code changes.
Pros of Google Optimize:
- It’s a free A/B testing tool from a big name with a user interface that is already familiar to most marketers.
- Once set up, the Google Optimize data kit is extremely powerful and will allow you to find all the information you need.
- It allows you to make a note natively about any spikes and troughs so you can view data in context.
- It is very easy to set up and gather insightful data, which makes it very helpful for newbies.
- Tons of user attributes and geo customization features allow you to drill down to a specific target audience.
You can try out Optimize for free, but if there are limitations for your business, you can easily upgrade to Google Optimize 360 to get enterprise-level testing capabilities and personalization for your website.
Robust A/B Testing with Personalization Functionality ($699/Month)
Convert has an intuitive system that allows you to create A/B, multipage, multivariate easily, and split tests using a simple drag and drop system.
You can also use the advanced style sheet editor to test more dynamic pages. This gives you more control of your content and boosts your eCommerce platform or CMS (content management system).
You’ll also be able to easily integrate Google Analytics (and 100 other tools) and build customer profiles with over 35 different elements.
In addition, Convert’s testing tool is growing in popularity thanks to its exceptional live chat customer support.
Best for: Small to medium-size businesses doing in-house optimization.
- A/B Testing: Includes landing page testing and website conversion rate optimization.
- Split Testing: Helps you easily determine which page elements deliver the best results.
- Multivariate Testing: You can change various elements on different pages and run unlimited tests to find the combination with the highest performance.
- Multipage Experiments: Make different changes on linked pages to simultaneously optimize the entire website or funnel.
- Personalization: Convert has amazing personalization features that allow you to optimize your visitors’ online experiences.
Pros of Convert:
- Easy setup with many of the options already pre-configured in the test setup.
- Awesome support team with a very fast response time.
- Unique unlimited tests snapshots feature, unlike many other testing tools.
- Simple, easy-to-read data representation helps you make informed changes to your website.
- Built-in audiences to capture mobile users vs. desktop users or only perform tests during business hours.
- Create test variations and dynamic pages using the drag and drop inbuilt editor.
Pricing is based on traffic, with the most basic plan starting at $699/month. For enterprise plans, you have to contact sales.
Best Automated A/B Testing Tool ($219/month)
Freshmarketer is part of the impressive array of marketing tools by Freshworks. It is focused on A/B testing, split URL testing, and conversion rate optimization.
This tool integrates with Analytics from google to test, target, and validate experiments. It even tracks the revenue generated by your experiments.
With Freshmarketer’s split URL testing tool, you can test multiple pages and easily turn winning variations into real web pages.
In addition, the tool lets you see the effectiveness of your designs using heatmaps of each test variation.
The package includes page editing, personalization, and many other CRO features.
Best for: Freshmarketer is the ideal A/B testing tool solution for goal-oriented agencies, small businesses, and digital marketers.
- Activity Dashboard: This is an all-in-one conversion optimization tool that lets you do everything in one convenient place and on the same page.
- Customizable Templates: Get your marketing automation running in no time with customizable templates.
- Drag and Drop Interface: Extremely easy-to-use drag and drop editor interface lets you try out different styles and layouts.
- Engagement Analytics: Find out how well your audience engages with your business and capture customer feedback.
- Real-Time Analytics: Make better marketing decisions based on real-time reporting for qualitative data and quantitative data.
Pros of Freshmarketer:
- Multiple features and apps like mobile apps all in one convenient place.
- Intuitive interface and clean workflow.
- Great for onboarding funneling.
- Effective heat maps for clear visual of experiment variations.
- Integrated form analysis lets you create custom funnels.
Pricing starts at $219/month. Freshmarketer also offers a free option for businesses with less than 10,000 monthly visitors.
A/B Testing PLATFORM Powered by Machine Learning (Pricing Available on Request)
Integration Studio focuses on experimentation and personalization powered by machine learning algorithms.
As a result, the tool is quite similar to Adobe Target, which might be beyond the needs of many small to medium businesses.
The A/B testing tool is ideal for you if you want to create the ultimate experiences for your customers based on all the user behavior data at your disposal.
Integration Studio empowers you to build unique individual experiences across multiple platforms so you can meet your customers’ specific needs and expectations.
It crunches the vital data, tracks user actions, and automates optimizations based on user patterns.
Best for: Integration Studio’s advanced A/B testing features are ideal for technology, retail, and financial services companies.
- A/B and Multivariate Testing: Test multiple variations at one time and compare experiences.
- Unified Customer Profiles: Evergage’s data platform lets you aggregate behavior and manages your customer profiles in one place.
- Segmentation: Build segments in real-time using various data sources.
- Triggered Messaging: Create experiences and messages based on specific behaviors and actions.
- 3rd-Party Integrations: Integrations with tools like Google Analytics are available so you can analyze the results of your campaign across various channels.
Pros of Integration Studio:
- Build detailed audience profiles using data from various sources.
- The tool facilitates data management and allows you to base campaigns on highly-targeted segments.
- Multi-channel personalization will enable you to deliver a unified customer experience.
- Integration Studio also allows the personalization of search and navigation.
- Managed services for customers looking for ongoing support on campaign development.
Pricing for Integration Studio is available on request, but they do provide a free demo so you can determine whether or not the testing tool is a good fit for your business.
13. Dynamic Yield (a McDonald’s Corporation)
Best A/B Testing For Omnichannel Marketing (Pricing Available on Request)
Dynamic Yield is among the most powerful and scalable testing and personalization tools available on the market.
It’s a one-stop-shop that offers a scalable solution for a wide range of use cases. In addition, the device works in real-time across multiple channels.
Its customer segmentation engine uses machine learning to develop segments, which are addressed through A/B tests, personalizations, content and product recommendations, and real-time messaging.
It’s important to note that Dynamic Yield only focuses on a few industries, such as gaming, media, travel, and B2C marketers.
Best for UX experts, web analysts, A/B testing professionals, andeCommerce brands with over 3 million USD annual revenue.
- A/B Testing: Dynamic Yield allows you to use predictive tests for multiple variations and dynamic testing.
- Omnichannel Personalization: Build seamless customer experiences across channels.
- Behavioral Messaging: This allows you to create relevant messages for individual visitors.
- WYSIWYG editor: the modernized editor helps to create test variations, including split test, layout, design, location, widgets header, etc
- Customized Recommendations: The machine-learning engine follows custom rules.
- Ad Personalization: Helps you create targeted landing pages at a larger scale.
Pros of Dynamic Yield
- Dynamic Yield is a well-known A/B testing software trusted by many global brands.
- Comprehensive list of features to help you optimize your entire funnel.
- Powerful tool with a wide range of advanced features on a single platform.
- Multiple solutions for different verticals give you the ability to customize thoroughly.
- Offers personalization on mobile web or apps.
- Allocates traffic automatically to the best performing variations, maximizing conversions during the test and achieving statistical significance effectively.
Dynamic Yield pricing is available on request.
14. AB Tasty
Best Suite of Marketing Tools with A/B Testing (Pricing Available on Request)
Trusted by many large brands, AB Tasty has proven to be a leading software in conversion rate optimization. According to the gourmet marketplace, Pour de Bon, AB Tasty helped them achieve a 25% increase in total revenue. This is unsurprising when considering the number of tools packed into one CRO package.
With AB Tasty, you get an A/B testing tool, multivariate testing, marketing tools, funnel tests, personalization tools, split URL test, and in-depth test data insights.
You can also leverage AB Tasty’s advanced targeting to test different criteria, such as URL, geolocation, and much more, with a great customer experience.
To assist in validating your tests, the tool provides real-time displays of your tests, as well as their confidence levels.
Best for: Businesses of all sizes. Plans are flexible to accommodate the business’s specific needs, and if you are new to A/B testing, you don’t necessarily need additional capabilities found in other tools.
- A/B Testing: Pick the best version by comparing two different variations of the same page.
- Multivariate Testing: Modify many different page elements simultaneously and provide an interesting funnel testing feature.
- Heatmap: Effective visual showing you how users are interacting with your website.
- Cross-Device Optimization: AB Tasty supports websites, apps, and content.
- Funnel Tests: You can run funnel tests across multiple pages to optimize your funnel using their visual editor.
- Advanced targeting: the advanced targeting feature is used to test different criteria such as geolocation, URLs, etc.
Pros of AB Tasty:
- Predictive data is extremely helpful to marketers.
- Intuitive interface and easy-to-use code and visual editor
- Offers easy modification of HTML and CSS and direct implementation of JS.
- Targeting based on different criteria and existing data.
- Customer support is responsive and knowledgeable.
AB Tasty offers custom quotes for individual businesses.
Best A/B Testing Tool for eCommerce Brands ($167/month)
Omniconvert offers A/B testing as part of its conversion rate optimization package. The platform also includes on-page surveys, personalization, overlay, segmentation, and various other tools.
With Omniconvert’s testing tool, you will be able to run A/B tests on mobile, desktop, and tablet devices.
Furthermore, you will have the ability to turn winning versions of any of your A/B tests into a control version for future tests.
Finally, the Bayesian and Frequentist statistics offer an effective way to validate the tests you run.
With over 40 parameters for segmentation, including traffic source, geolocation, and visitor behavior, with web experimentation, you’ll be able to improve user experience on your website in no time.
Best for: This is an ideal A/B testing solution for digital marketing agencies, medium-sized businesses, and online marketers in charge of eCommerce websites.
- A/B Testing: This allows you to determine how variations perform on multiple devices.
- Split Testing: Split traffic between the control page and different variations.
- Testing Schedule: You have full control when deciding when to run tests.
- Behavioral Targeting: Segment traffic based on over 40 criteria for deeper insights.
- Visual Editor: Quickly and easily edit the visual aspects of each page and its variations.
Pros of Omniconvert:
- Great customer service with quick response times.
- Extremely easy setup, good for those who are just getting started.
- Pop-ups and widget surveys to help you learn more about your visitors.
- Detailed reporting and lots of 3rd-party integrations.
- Plugins for WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and PrestaShop.
Omniconvert pricing starts at $167/month specifically for A/B testing and rises from there.
A/B Testing With Machine Learning Automation (Pricing Available on Request)
Not your traditional A/B testing tools, Intellimize uses machine learning to help you get more traffic to your website. The platform conveniently automates many time-consuming aspects of creating and running A/B tests. In addition, it automatically tests websites and personalizes them to drive customer acquisition and boost revenue.
This dynamic testing and personalization of websites and landing pages in real-time is something that can take away many of the laborious tasks marketers spend most of their time on. As a result, Intellimize’s customers have achieved an average 46% increase in conversions.
Best for: eCommerce and B2B companies that want to accelerate learning and get faster results.
- A/B Testing: Quickly and easily administer page changes to a portion of visitors and measure conversion.
- Multivariate Testing: Direct traffic to a random combination of changes to test many different changes at once.
- Conversion Goal: Set up various user actions as test conversion goals.
- Traffic Percentage: Adjust the percentage and proportion of testing traffic for each page variant.
- Confidence Level: It allows you to view and adjust the test’s confidence level.
Pros of Intellimize:
- Intellimize AB testing comes with the development of ideas.
- Quicker learning and results than regular A/B testing.
- Machine learning discovers the best-performing variations 25x faster.
- The shared experience of countless other tests helps marketers test better ideas.
- Effective personalization shows different images and messages to different visitors.
Intellimize pricing can be obtained by contacting the company via the website.
There are other platforms out there that can help, such as:
- Oracle Maxymiser (known for website testing)
- HubSpot software (uniquely known for its marketing hub)
- Crazy Egg
What Features Should You Look For in A/B Testing Tools?
Pricing for the best AB testing tools
This is the first thing most people consider when deciding on a new A/B testing tool. The next thing they think about is how easy it will be to use. However, suppose you are serious about using A/B testing as a long-term strategy to help you improve conversions in shopping carts like SamCart and ThriveCart.
In that case, there are many other technical specifications and features you must consider. I recommend the best combination of utility, performance, and value, including advanced and basic tools.
Performance with Split Testing
A big fear of marketers is that their website page load speeds slow down because of the A/B testing or optimization tool they’re using.
Besides dampening the customer experience, it also hurts your SEO ranking.
Therefore, script performance is something that businesses need to be wary of when investing in the solution.
The script needs to be light, fast, powerful, and, most importantly, flicker-free (flicker is when a user sees the control before the experiment is displayed).
Marketers need to find a platform to scale as their A/B testing program evolves. For example, you may start only needing a graphical editor (a WYSIWYG).
But as your tests grow in complexity, you’ll also want a code editor.
Many businesses start with A/B testing copy and UX before moving into server-side testing, i.e., testing on the backend, e.g., functionalities like search and product recommendation.
Or they may start with A/B testing and then move on to personalization—the experience optimization software scales with your needs and maturity.
Integration library and software development kits (SDKs)
Integrations with customer data platforms (CDP), content management systems (CMS), email, analytics tools, and even productivity apps will help you get more value (and save you time) with your A/B testing tools.
Brands must choose the A/B testing platform that integrates with the Martech tools they use most. Select a testing tool that already has your (updated) SDK for those doing in-app testing and server-side testing.
A/B or A/B/C Testing
This is a must-have feature for any tool you choose. A/B testing means that your visitor sees one version or the other. For example, some testing platform tools offer A/B/C tests with three different page variations. However, with A/B/n testing, the test has ‘n’ different versions, and this is a feature that will help you achieve faster results.
Some A/B testing tools have built-in platforms, similar to a WordPress interface, where you can create and edit web pages. These can prove useful for small businesses and marketers who don’t have an IT team.
This feature is extremely important because if your campaign’s conversion rate suddenly changes, a fast response is needed to avoid sending valuable traffic to a poor-performing page. Autopilot mode will instantly divert your visitors to the page with the best results.
This feature, which is more of a ‘nice-to-have,’ is an algorithm that allows Autopilot to finish tests quickly while sending visitors to the best-performing pages like machine learning algorithms.
Unfortunately, many testing tools have an even allocation of traffic between the A and B variations. This means directing half the website’s traffic to a page, converting poorly. The Multi-Armed Bandit prevents that from happening, saving companies a lot of money.
Multivariable or MVT tests are ones where you carry out A/B or A/B/n tests on many independent page elements simultaneously, hence achieving statistical significance faster. You can choose full factorial MVT testing, which involves showing every possible combination of the page elements.
Alternatively, you can opt for fractional factorial testing, where only a fraction of the elements is shown. Marketing teams focused on data can maximize their research by using funnel optimization, predictive analytics, and advanced targeting.
A/B Testing Ideas Library
Yet another luxury feature is the library of testing ideas. This will come in handy any time you come up blank about what to test next. Again, it’s unnecessary, but it can prove extremely helpful for busy marketers who must constantly develop new hypotheses to test.
Then, specific content is displayed according to instructions from the back-office system whenever the page is loaded. This feature also keeps track of the conversions and gain customer experience insights from the usability testing tools.
Still, A/B testing software runs on the same server that compiles the page on the technical side of things. After its compilation, the finished page is then displayed by the browser. Just as some computer software is available for Windows only and other software for Macs, it is the same with server-side software only available for specific servers, like PHP.
All of the functionality above is extremely important, and I wouldn’t necessarily say one factor is more important than the others.
Open Source vs. Closed Source: While this isn’t’ the biggest issue, it is a factor for many. Open source code is a code you can look at to investigate what’s going on when using the tool. It’s a great way to make sure that there is no malicious code, which in turn may make you safer. However, bad actors can see the code as well and may devise ways to victimize the users of the platform more easily.
Best A/B Testing Tools Q&A
What Are CRO Tools?
When someone is looking to test pages or designs against each other to see how well they convert on a website, they’ll use CRO tools. CRO stands for Conversion Rate Optimization, and the idea is that you run variations of a page against each other to see which one converts the best. While this may not seem like it can make a difference, it does, and that’s why companies like Facebook use A/B testing CRO tools to analyze site usability. Likewise, Amazon uses A/B testing to complete the checkout process as seamlessly as possible.
How Do You Analyze an A/B test?
In an A/B test, you’ll have two specific variations of a page or variable on a page of your website. While running the test with these tools is straightforward, analyzing those results can be tricky. To complete a full analysis of the test, you’ll need to understand what you’re trying to achieve.
For instance, if you’re trying to increase sales on the site, you’ll want to review metrics like cart abandonment rate, bounce rate, upsell conversion rate, and all of the engagement metrics in your marketing funnel.
You’ll compare variation one vs. variation 2 to determine which version has more favorable metrics to impact conversion positively.
How Effective is A/B Testing?
A/B testing does a lot more than just helping individuals, teams, and companies to answer one-off questions about what works better. It allows them also to understand why certain elements impact user behavior. That’s why AB testing has proven to be extremely effective in consistently improving conversion rates over time.
eConsultancy studies show that A/B testing generates 25% more leads for eCommerce websites and up to 40% more leads for B2B sites.
For instance, testing ad copy can help marketers discover which version leads to more clicks. Likewise, testing the following landing page elements will provide insights on which layout is best for converting visitors to customers.
Introducing changes throughout the user experience allows effective optimization of the incident to achieve the desired outcome while decreasing the overall spend on the marketing campaign. This is crucial to the success of any marketing campaign.
Is A/B Testing Dead?
I’ve used A/B testing tools since I began my career in digital marketing, and it’s just as important as ever. If anything, it’s become more important with all of the variations of devices like computers, tablets, and mobile phones.
Anyone that argues that A/B testing is dead doesn’t fully understand the value of these tests. While they may seem inconsequential, a small 7% increase in conversion rate can mean extreme growth in overall company revenue.
Best A/B Testing Tools — Summary and Top Picks
As you can see, whether you’re a marketer, product manager, or UX designer, there is no shortage of A/B testing software tools on the market.
To help you pick the right tool for your needs, there are a few things to consider including the overall costs of the platform, how well it performs on your site, its ability to scale with your website and business growth, multi-variate testing features, the total number of pages that can be tested at once, customer segmentation features, analytics tools, and multi-channel testing availability.
My Top Picks for the Best A/B Testing Tools Are: